2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Go Pack. Always love to see the Cowboys lose.

Bend, OR

Elevation: 3550'

Snow History:

Nov: 1"

Dec: .5"

Jan: 1.9"

Feb: 12.7"

Mar: 1.0"

Total: 17.1"

2016/2017: 70"

2015/2016: 34"

Average: ~25"

2017/2018 Winter Temps

Lowest Min: 1F on 2/23

Lowest Max: 23F on 12/24, 2/22

Lows <32: 87

Highs <32: 13

I was thinking Green Bay by 3. Looks like it's going to be higher scoring than I thought, though.

3 points or touchdowns

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

Go Pack. Always love to see the Cowboys lose.

Looool 5 Super Bowls :)

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

Looool 5 Super Bowls :)

Ha, cool the most recent was 20 years ago.

Bend, OR

Snow History:

2017/2018 Winter Temps

I think these playoffs are more frustrating than lack of snow in Seattle this winter.

Not happy that WorthlessBurger won tonight.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I correctly picked all the games this weekend, the packers over the cowboys was kind of an obvious call.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I correctly picked all the games this weekend, the packers over the cowboys was kind of an obvious call.

Yeah... the Packers just crushed them.

Cowboys were behind by an insurmountable margin by half. Turned it off. I assume it ended as a boring rout.

So obvious. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The political thread is close so we might have to use this one for Inauguration Day.

Everyone ready for some big changes? I think we can all agree the Trump Presidency is going to be a wild ride.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Northwestern University Law Professor Steven Calabresi served in two Republican administrations, was an adviser to Attorney General Edwin Meese under Ronald Reagan and wrote speeches for Vice President Dan Quayle. He is co-founder and board chairman of the conservative Federalist Society.

So it raised a few eyebrows when Calabresi told a law school audience in San Francisco that when it comes to Donald Trump, “impeachment needs to be on the table.”

Even though both houses of Congress will be controlled by his fellow Republicans, Trump, a party outsider, will be “on a short leash. There could be a spectacular end,” Calabresi said in a recent panel at the annual meeting of the Association of American Law Schools.

:D

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Northwestern University Law Professor Steven Calabresi served in two Republican administrations, was an adviser to Attorney General Edwin Meese under Ronald Reagan and wrote speeches for Vice President Dan Quayle. He is co-founder and board chairman of the conservative Federalist Society.

So it raised a few eyebrows when Calabresi told a law school audience in San Francisco that when it comes to Donald Trump, “impeachment needs to be on the table.”

Even though both houses of Congress will be controlled by his fellow Republicans, Trump, a party outsider, will be “on a short leash. There could be a spectacular end,” Calabresi said in a recent panel at the annual meeting of the Association of American Law Schools.

:D

No doubt he is seriously ruffling some feathers. I now see what Steve Bannon meant when he said they are going are going to burn it all to the ground. They are going to try to undo all of the mess that has accumulated over the past 50 years.

As of now some pretty Earth shaking things they are planning include.

1. An amendment for term limits for Congressmen and Senators (should be popular overall and has a chance)

2. Huge budget cuts (political insiders and a lot of liberals will hate it)

3. Wall at the Mexican border

4. Some kind of a system to make immigrants legitimate once again

5. Huge crack down on Islamic terrorism

6. Downsize the Federal Government (should be easy by eliminating the many redundant jobs)

7. Major infrastructure modernization / repair (most are in agreement this is necessary).

8. Likely penalization for sanctuary cities / states.

This is going to be a nightmare period for people who have a vested interest in the Federal Government conducting business as usual. Another huge thing Trump is going to do is appoint at least 2 Supreme Court Justices. It's almost like he in the midst of a perfect storm to be able to accomplish things that would normally be nearly impossible. The stars have aligned absolutely perfectly. None of this would have been possible if Bannon and Trump hadn't met. Quite remarkable how perfectly their strengths compliment each other.

I have a suspicion a law will be passed to require people to have ID when they vote. Kind of a no brainer we need that. Another thing democrats need to keep in mind is since the republicans so dominate in Washington now they will be able to redraw the boundaries of the Congressional Districts to be more favorable for them. The democrats are in serious trouble right now!

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The world according to Jim. This feels like what you do with the weather. Its more about your agenda than anything. :)

Nonetheless.. the pendulum swings back and forth in politics. Next the democrats will back in control.

Oh good lord! I created this thread to get away from stupid politics.

We just needed something for Inauguration Day since the other thread was closed.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

We just needed something for Inauguration Day since the other thread was closed.

Ok then talk about inauguration, so far you just turned this into the same thread as before.

Bend, OR

Snow History:

2017/2018 Winter Temps

No doubt he is seriously ruffling some feathers. I now see what Steve Bannon meant when he said they are going are going to burn it all to the ground. They are going to try to undo all of the mess that has accumulated over the past 50 years.

As of now some pretty Earth shaking things they are planning include.

1. An amendment for term limits for Congressmen and Senators (should be popular overall and has a chance)

2. Huge budget cuts (political insiders and a lot of liberals will hate it)

3. Wall at the Mexican border

4. Some kind of a system to make immigrants legitimate once again

5. Huge crack down on Islamic terrorism

6. Downsize the Federal Government (should be easy by eliminating the many redundant jobs)

7. Major infrastructure modernization / repair (most are in agreement this is necessary).

8. Likely penalization for sanctuary cities / states.

This is going to be a nightmare period for people who have a vested interest in the Federal Government conducting business as usual. Another huge thing Trump is going to do is appoint at least 2 Supreme Court Justices. It's almost like he in the midst of a perfect storm to be able to accomplish things that would normally be nearly impossible. The stars have aligned absolutely perfectly. None of this would have been possible if Bannon and Trump hadn't met. Quite remarkable how perfectly their strengths compliment each other.

I have a suspicion a law will be passed to require people to have ID when they vote. Kind of a no brainer we need that. Another thing democrats need to keep in mind is since the republicans so dominate in Washington now they will be able to redraw the boundaries of the Congressional Districts to be more favorable for them. The democrats are in serious trouble right now!

Hopefully the republicans stay in power forever now with no opposition. Should be great for a healthy democracy.

I'll survive the next 4 years of Trump just like I survived the combined 16 years of George W. Obama (On foreign policy there was pretty good continuity).

On the bright side Trump hasn't bombed anyone yet, that I know of. He's almost 2.5 hours into his term so that might have changed.

The Pacific Northwest: Where storms go to die.

Good take on the day...

Donald Trump's inaugural festivities left a lot to be desired. Instead of the record-breaking crowds he predicted, there were wide swaths of the Mall in Washington, D.C. that were empty. Along with the procession of dignitaries and political leaders, there was split-screen coverage of protesters, representing the majority of Americans who did not vote for Trump.

The new president himself seemed to scowl through many of the activities. And it rained. As Trump himself might have described this inaugural, it was "sad."

It is unfair, though, to blame Trump for the poor turnout and gloomy skies. Yet at his first moment in the national spotlight as President, Trump proved a huge disappointment. He gave a speech that was dark, pessimistic, and at times ultranationalistic. "Washington flourished while the people did not... the establishment protected itself," he declared angrily, before the assembled members of the Washington establishment.

Good take on the day...

Donald Trump's inaugural festivities left a lot to be desired. Instead of the record-breaking crowds he predicted, there were wide swaths of the Mall in Washington, D.C. that were empty. Along with the procession of dignitaries and political leaders, there was split-screen coverage of protesters, representing the majority of Americans who did not vote for Trump.

The new president himself seemed to scowl through many of the activities. And it rained. As Trump himself might have described this inaugural, it was "sad."

It is unfair, though, to blame Trump for the poor turnout and gloomy skies. Yet at his first moment in the national spotlight as President, Trump proved a huge disappointment. He gave a speech that was dark, pessimistic, and at times ultranationalistic. "Washington flourished while the people did not... the establishment protected itself," he declared angrily, before the assembled members of the Washington establishment.

Just sounds like a typical slanted approach from someone with a popular vote chip on their shoulder.

I thought his speech was honest and pointless. Better than most political speeches which are dishonest and pointless.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Fantastic speech by President Trump today. Anyone who thought it wasn't is just a sore loser.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

That looks she's giving him says it all. :lol:

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

What an example of how wrong people are about President Trump.  Giving a guy a $10,000.00 check, after the Inauguration, who was down on his luck.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/20/trump-offers-father-luck-10000-check-inaugural-event/

At the same time Nancy Sinatra was calling out CNN on yet another fake news story about how she wasn't happy with Trump using one of her husband's songs in the Inauguration.  Stupid me for actually believing that story.  CNN is indeed horrible.  No credibility at all.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9