2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

I am pretty sure that even Jim thinks Trump is petty and childish and a con man.   Its like saying its dark outside right now... its self evident.    Jim main form of entertainment appears to be posting things that he knows are stupid and inflammatory on here and watching us debate it.     :lol:

Jim... yes?

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

10:50 p.m.

The White House is preparing to propose boosting defense spending and slashing funding for longtime Republican targets like the Environmental Protection Agency.

Those changes are part of a set of marching orders to agencies as the White House prepares its budget for the upcoming fiscal year.

President Donald Trump's proposal for the 2018 budget year will be sent to agencies Monday. An administration official says it won't make significant changes to Social Security or Medicare. The official, as well as Capitol Hill aides, are confirming details of the upcoming blueprint on the condition of anonymity to discuss nonpublic information and a sensitive process.

Trump's first major fiscal marker will land in the agencies one day before his first address to a joint session of Congress.

10:50 p.m.

The White House is preparing to propose boosting defense spending and slashing funding for longtime Republican targets like the Environmental Protection Agency.

Those changes are part of a set of marching orders to agencies as the White House prepares its budget for the upcoming fiscal year.

President Donald Trump's proposal for the 2018 budget year will be sent to agencies Monday. An administration official says it won't make significant changes to Social Security or Medicare. The official, as well as Capitol Hill aides, are confirming details of the upcoming blueprint on the condition of anonymity to discuss nonpublic information and a sensitive process.

Trump's first major fiscal marker will land in the agencies one day before his first address to a joint session of Congress.

Anyone with a brain could have told you SS and Medicare wouldn't be touched. Everyone knows it's political suicide to touch those. I happen to agree for the most part...especially SS since everyone that works has paid into it and have every right to expect some return from it.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Thanks Trump!

He's picking them off pretty quickly.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Your normalizing of Trump honestly sickens me. I'm not going to say you can't continue to do it. But I am going to continue to say that it sickens me.

Normalizing Trump might be the best way to beat him in 2020.

He won *because* people thought he would blow up DC, not in spite of it.

He will blow it up. Bannon has clearly explained what they mean by that. They are going to completely rework the bureaucracies.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

How is it pointless?

Good question. It will do what his first one intended, but will address the concerns the courts had with the old one. Nothing but semantics. They just did it because they could.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

How is it pointless?

Its for show.  Something for him to brag about.  Its a tiny bandaid.  The first EO was just to check off a campaign promise... albeit very watered down from the Muslin ban he wanted.   Trump then made the case that 'bad people' were flooding in after the first court ruling.  He needs to establish a massive fear based on fiction and then pretend he solved the problem and he is our savior now.    

The majority of terrorist attacks in this country come from US born citizens.   They don't care how many immigration EOs are signed... can't touch them.  

And of course millions of terrorists are pouring over the wide open Mexican border right now and have been for years.   We can only die one time.    :lol:

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I am pretty sure that even Jim thinks Trump is petty and childish and a con man.   Its like saying its dark outside right now... its self evident.    Jim main form of entertainment appears to be posting things that he knows are stupid and inflammatory on here and watching us debate it.     :lol:

Jim... yes?

He will blow it up. Bannon has clearly explained what they mean by that. They are going to completely rework the bureaucracies.

Or maybe you're getting conned. ;)

Trump's fanboys need to realize that they sound exactly as naive as the hope+ change Obamabots did in 2008. Hilarious that Trump and Bannon are their paradigm for "telling it like it is".

It's like deja-vu all over again. Truly amazing how folks will cling to their favorite slimy politician of the day w/o knowing why they're doing it. Reptilian hindbrain type stuff.

You know what, I could be wrong but did presidents Roosevelt/ Truman/ Eisenhower/ Kennedy/ Johnson call on God the way later presidents do?  When Reagan was governor he never invoked God and even opposed Bible-belt anti-g*a*y* hysteria. Praying at organized secular events [sports/ concerts/ city councils, etc.] is a violation Engel v. Vitale https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engel_v._Vitale

When I was a kid in public schools, we were allowed to say "one nation under God" as part of the Pledge of Allegiance. Today the liberals are strictly against that, banning the Pledge of Allegiance from the public schools.

Also, they still sing "God Bless America" at national baseball games sometimes. I'm sure that keeps the most hard-core liberals from ever attending a baseball game. OTOH, I guess it's not the same as praying.

When I was a kid in public schools, we were allowed to say "one nation under God" as part of the Pledge of Allegiance. Today the liberals are strictly against that, banning the Pledge of Allegiance from the public schools.

Also, they still sing "God Bless America" at national baseball games sometimes. I'm sure that keeps the most hard-core liberals from ever attending a baseball game. OTOH, I guess it's not the same as praying.

The liberals have taken the separation of church and state FAR beyond the original intent. It's no wonder some people feel the need to fight back. We have let the liberals have their way for decades now.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Where did you read that the Pledge of Allegiance was banned from public schools? In 2002 the Ninth US Court of Appeals ruled that its recitation was unconstitutional, but that decision was reversed by the Supreme Court in 2004.  It's still recited in most public schools.

Or maybe you're getting conned. ;)

I highly doubt it. Bannon teamed up with Trump because he saw the opportunity for this stuff to actually be implemented. If I'm not mistaken Trump can do a lot with the bureaucracies without needing congressional approval.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I highly doubt it. Bannon teamed up with Trump because he saw the opportunity for this stuff to actually be implemented. If I'm not mistaken Trump can do a lot with the bureaucracies without needing congressional approval.

I am sure you are not being conned by a lifelong con man like Trump.    :lol:

Where did you read that the Pledge of Allegiance was banned from public schools? In 2002 the Ninth US Court of Appeals ruled that its recitation was unconstitutional, but that decision was reversed by the Supreme Court in 2004.  It's still recited in most public schools.

The 9th circuit Court of Appeals is a total joke. How anyone can defend them is beyond me. Almost every ruling they do is overturned. :lol:

I could do a way better of interpreting law than they do.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It's like deja-vu all over again. Truly amazing how folks will cling to their favorite slimy politician of the day w/o knowing why they're doing it. Reptilian hindbrain type stuff.

It's widely accepted that Soros is behind a lot of the protests and pandemonium that's going on. I guess we're all crazy then.

The guy is detestable.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Guest Sounder

The liberals have taken the separation of church and state FAR beyond the original intent. It's no wonder some people feel the need to fight back. We have let the liberals have their way for decades now.

Excuse me? What was its "original" intent, exactly?

You're so partisan that you're willing to s**t all over the constitution and sell our country out to Russia just to stick it to the side you disagree with. Absolutely pathetic.

• Like 1

Guest Sounder

It's widely accepted that Soros is behind a lot of the protests and pandemonium that's going on. I guess we're all crazy then.

The guy is detestable.

"It's widely accepted" is not a valid source. Good lord.

Did you know that it's "widely accepted" that your favorite Orangutan has multiple connections to Russia and is a puppet of Putin?

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that even Jim thinks Trump is petty and childish and a con man. Its like saying its dark outside right now... its self evident. Jim's main form of entertainment appears to be posting things that he knows are stupid and inflammatory on here and watching us debate it. :lol:

Jim... yes?

Trump's fanboys need to realize that they sound exactly as naive as the hope+ change Obamabots did in 2008. Hilarious that Trump and Bannon are their paradigm for "telling it like it is".

The parallels between Trump and Obama are truly stunning and numerous.

You could have a point there. I go back and forth on it.

There is a fine line between overreacting to every little thing he does and completely trying a blind eye while he gets away with murder.

• Like 1

I don't think that's actually a fine line...

One. Two. Three. Four. I declare a semantics war!

You got what I meant, no? For someone who rattles on so much about responding to people's points, you sure seem to like to focus on semantics and technicalities.

Did you know that it's "widely accepted" that your favorite Orangutan has multiple connections to Russia and is a puppet of Putin?

Kind of like how the media keeps throwing stories from "un-named sources" at Trump. How is that any better than the statement I made?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

As I said earlier an aid in the Hillary campaign got fired because a tape of him talking about the tactics of using liberal plants to screw up everything Trump tried to do was made public. I don't know why this so hard for people to believe. We are talking about the party that screwed over one of their own....namely Bernie. They are ruthless.

Also...try checking some of the quotes Soros has made about Trump. He hates the man with a passion and has the money to buy protestors and all of the stuff I've mentioned.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Wow! The hatred that comes out of Soros' mouth is breathtaking. He may hate Trump more than many Trump supporters hate him. That is REALLY saying something. Seems pretty easy to believe somebody with that much hatred and that kind of money could try to buy some leverage to take Trump down.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Soros has denied the funding...

http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/soros-denies-funding-anti-trump-town-hall-protests/

This all sounds like a red herring and conspiracy theory.     :lol:

I am sure Soros is completely innocent just like Trump.

I will say that the more Jim posts about Soros... the more I like him!  

I have to say... what Soros says is pretty much spot:

Billionaire hedge fund manager George Soros on Thursday reiterated his belief that President-elect Donald Trump is "an imposter and con man and a would-be dictator."

"He stands for that other form of government, which is the opposite of an open society," said Soros, who is a Holocaust survivor and Hungarian immigrant. "It's really better described as a dictatorship or a mafia state."

Soros said Trump "would be a dictator if he could get away with it," but that US institutions are strong enough to prevent that scenario. He also said the ideas that guide Trump are "inherently self-contradictory" and that those contradictions are "embodied by his advisers."

I don't like Republicans! Team Blue FURever!

You've got me all wrong. I'm not a fan of false equivalency either, though.

Maybe you could try something new and make a somewhat coherent, intelligent post over here at some point and we could discuss it further. :)