2022-2023 California and Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

I will say one thing about this fall so far, is that it is really reminding me of the fall of 2020 when we had an endless series of Santa Ana wind events. The main difference is that we haven't had much in the way of fires this season until today, when there were at least two fires that broke out, one in Santa Paula and the other one somewhere in the Chino Hills above Brea. In other words, this has felt like an east based classic La Nina all the way since the beginning of October, only that it has been warmer.

I am hoping the pattern changes showing up in the long range verify and that we get some decent storms soon!

Edited by Dan the Weatherman

12 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

So far El Nino is identifying as a girl this year. 

I agree with you. This fall is reminding me of the fall of 2020 (a full blown east-based La Nina year) with the incessant Santa Ana wind pattern we have been stuck in for much of the time since the end of October.