The Weather Forums

East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is pretty amazing.   Baseball sized hail hit between Dal./Ft.Worth.   The storm bypassed me SWof Ft. Worth. I heard nothing and received no rain. It hit like a train.   http://dfw.cbslocal.co

Had eight inches of paste, most of it falling from 11am to 3pm. Some of the heaviest snow I have seen in my life. The death band was to my east by 15 miles.

Wow! That's toasty man. I'm kinda thinking I may end up in the "Goldilocks" spot here in the Ozarks this warm season. We'll see though. I hope you do not get hammered with heatwaves this summer, given

Posted Images

It's Spring in Texas

It's Gorgeous

What one say?......."More Please?"

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

It's Spring in Texas

It's Gorgeous

What one say?......."More Please?"

I don't know how you handle the humidity down there. It's less humid up here where I am and I absolutely hate it right now. I'm not much of a warm weather fan though so I have an admitted bias.

The humidity has actually been pretty low here so far this spring/summer.

I know it won’t last, but it has been nice. Makes these afternoons in the 80s and 90s very tolerable.

Heh, I’d rather have big heat/low humidity than average temperatures/high humidity. Living here, it’s only a matter of time before the 70-80 degree dewpoints come a knockin’.

Me too, but it's like my state is divided at I-35 right now. Low DPs/High heat west and lower heat/High DPs east.

Heh, I’d rather have big heat/low humidity than average temperatures/high humidity. Living here, it’s only a matter of time before the 70-80 degree dewpoints come a knockin’.

the hazy hot and humid three words will be in our neighborhood before you know it.and we will be sweating our eye balls out :lol:

Tomorrow could be interesting in the severe weather department. Might be a nocturnal event based on the timing of the frontal passage, but this one has potential if if doesn’t miss north.

Tomorrow could be interesting in the severe weather department. Might be a nocturnal event based on the timing of the frontal passage, but this one has potential if if doesn’t miss north.

if it misses north you know we suck at weather this year :lol: hopefully our tide turns in our woes.

Warm front is north of us, so we’re beginning to roast in the warm sector.

That said, we’re still capped pretty good here. Need to break it somehow.

• Like 1

90-92 for the next 10 days. Sunny, dry.

Hey, it's Texas in the late Spring, early summer...what did you expect ? :)

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

Warm front is north of us, so we’re beginning to roast in the warm sector.

That said, we’re still capped pretty good here. Need to break it somehow.

they went for a tornado watch for our region interesting.the question those does this varfi with some good storms.p.s I can see those why Phil they went with the tornado watch the velicity in north centure and northeast Maryland are very impressive and is maximized which could potentially cause storms to rotate in some parts there.

Was a good event east of the Fall Line, but I got shafted again.

Been at least 3 years since we’ve had a severe thunderstorm core pass overhead. It used to happen several times a summer.

that stinks man seems like there's a shield over you that prevents storms as of late a shield that hard to break.

Wut? I don’t see how this could possibly verify today.

Heavy overcast, fog, and drizzle have dominated the entire day. And elevated instability rarely transfers severe conditions to the surface.

But..we’ll see!

xTOlhvP.jpg

Hey Phil, wake up! Check your Messenger ! :lol:

• Like 1

Lol, really SPC? Will probably be like one supercell, way down in Central Virginia.

But again..we’ll see!

YhRAajG.jpg

Lol, really SPC? Will probably be like one supercell, way down in Central Virginia.

But again..we’ll see!YhRAajG.jpg

I also dislike the new wording on tornado watch's like yesterday possablty of a few strong tornados really? This is something new they are doing personally they should have stuck with the old way this new way could easily confuse the plubic.

Hmm..I don’t see any messages from you?

Okay, I reposted it.  It's in Messages

Give it a check.

• Like 1

biggest storms looks to past just south of me this looks like a Dc dare I say it special in the making there's a tornado warned storm on the top of the line the tops of these storms are insane would not be surprised if there were more big hail reports this evening.Dc looks to get raked pretty soon looking at radar.

biggest storms looks to past just south of me this looks like a Dc dare I say it special in the making there's a tornado warned storm on the top of the line the tops of these storms are insane would not be surprised if there were more big hail reports this evening.Dc looks to get raked pretty soon looking at radar.

#DerechoTheSwamp :lol:

• Like 1

#DerechoTheSwamp :lol:

yep the storm part of the line is staying South of me just light to moderate rain no wind but thats ok we got ours saterday night which was pretty impressive.looks like a active week over all with a tropical low in the south same low that the gfs was advertising a southeast hurricane last week on it runs :lol: along with a stalled front and other systems should be plenty of shower and storm chances this week.
  • Like 1

Solid storm yesterday, but not severe here. Winds gusted to around 40mph and it got pitch black for awhile. Oh, and it rained a lot.

Nocturnal thunderstorm here, been going for 2hrs straight with flashbulb lightning and booming thunder. Might continue for the rest of the night based on radar.

Gonna be hard to get back to sleep, I suspect.

Nocturnal thunderstorm here, been going for 2hrs straight with flashbulb lightning and booming thunder. Might continue for the rest of the night based on radar.

Gonna be hard to get back to sleep, I suspect.

man the sky has certainly turned on the water for a while we could not by much of anything now we getting round after round of it.

man the sky has certainly turned on the water for a while we could not by much of anything now we getting round after round of it.

Couldn’t be denied for long. Recently we’ve been getting around 50% of our annual rainfall between the months of May and August.

Blech..91*F, dewpoint of 73*F, heat index of 100*F.

Storms probably don’t arrive until 7pm or later, after peak heating. Gonna be a long a** summer.

Blech..91*F, dewpoint of 73*F, heat index of 100*F.

Storms probably don’t arrive until 7pm or later, after peak heating. Gonna be a long a** summer.

long summers is what we do best at.also looks like a heavey rain event possible Thursday into saterday for the region that low in the gulf looks to come north with the combination of the Bermuda high has that heavy rain pattern feel to it.

classic northeast severe weather outbreak today tornado warnings all over the place up there.you can see why there is concern about the flooding aspect here tonight the tropica moisture from the low in the gulf and the line up north looks to be combining and this the possible training effect later on and the big question is where that front stalls out.

Rainy and humid today, following yesterday’s thunderstorms.

Flood watch in effect for another 3-5” of rain.

99* Tomorrow. Low of 72*

That's no typo.

50% chance of rain Monday ...High of 87*.

Looks like summer is almost here.