West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

Not looking good for the ravens right now.

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

Chiefs vs Lions! And I won’t be able to watch the game due to greedy network owners and providers!!! 

• Sick 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Well the good news is that the Seahawks can interview McDonald tomorrow now! 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Welp, 2 more weeks of Swift coverage.

• Sick 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

1 hour ago, MossMan said:

Chiefs vs Lions! And I won’t be able to watch the game due to greedy network owners and providers!!! 

There are definitely ways to watch the Super Bowl without paying for it.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

20 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

There are definitely ways to watch the Super Bowl without paying for it.  

I think I will be able to watch the players get slimed on Nickelodeon! 

• Like 1

Chiefs vs lions it is probably. 49ers defense looking like the Seahawks defense.

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

8 minutes ago, Cold Snap said:

Chiefs vs lions it is probably. 49ers defense looking like the Seahawks defense.

And Purdy being a game manager is really struggling having to play catch up! 

• Like 1

Lions coach is dumb for not going for it there.

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

1 minute ago, Cold Snap said:

Lions coach is dumb for not going for it there.

Yep. 

• bongocat-test 1

At least the whiners will have a Super Bowl hangover next year and our new young awesome coach will out coach Shanahanahanaha. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MossMan said:

At least the whiners will have a Super Bowl hangover next year and our new young awesome coach will out coach Shanahanahanaha. 

Only good thing about this Super Bowl is that one of these very annoying teams has to lose.  

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Lions literally had it. I don't think we're gonna see Detroit get that close to the SB in a long while. Giving up 17 points in 8 minutes of game time is almost Falcons level of choking. 

Not even a Detroit fan and this felt really heartbreaking. Looks like the Swiftie City Chiefs gonna have to beat them again. 😒

• Sad 1

𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴,

𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

𝘗𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘱.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

I've already blocked multiple people on social media, some friends since college, for saying Taylor Swift is good for football. No room for that BS. 

• Like 2
  • Excited 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

10 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I've already blocked multiple people on social media, some friends since college, for saying Taylor Swift is good for football. No room for that BS. 

IMG_2401.jpeg🤮

Edited by MossMan

As the resident Ram's fan and as such, would root for ISIS before rooting for the Whiners, yesterday's Lion's collapse was like being kicked in the nuts by a mule. How much do I hate the Whiners?  I made a 'SF/KC to make the SB' bet before the beginning of the season...22 to 1 for $20 and would have given every penny up to have the Whiners lose. lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fubario said:

As the resident Ram's fan and as such, would root for ISIS before rooting for the Whiners, yesterday's Lion's collapse was like being kicked in the nuts by a mule. How much do I hate the Whiners?  I made a 'SF/KC to make the SB' bet before the beginning of the season...22 to 1 for $20 and would have given every penny up to have the Whiners lose. lol

Yesterday was quite depressing.   Didn't care so much about the first game but the frickin Lions had that game wrapped up and only had to avoid an epic collapse.   And they failed.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/28/2024 at 8:51 PM, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I'm  just wondering how many alcoholics have been created by the Taylor Swift drinking game (because you KNOW it exists).

Drink a shot every time they say her name, drink 2 shots every time they show her.  Blackout drunk by the end of the first quarter.

• Thanks 1

Mike MacDonald has flown into Seattle today for his second interview. With Ben Johnson off the table, MacDonald would be the next best thing. Lots of fans on the Seahawks subreddit are hoping and praying that they secure his deal today and announce him as our new HC.

Reported to be a six-year deal, so we are locking him down for the long haul. From the oldest coach in the NFL to the youngest. From robbing the grave to robbing the cradle. 

Seeing tons and tons of Hawks fans that are super stoked about this hire. Ravens defense under him allowed the fewest points per game (16.5) while also recording the most sacks (60) and takeaways (31). First time in NFL history that a defense has rated at the top in all three stats. His defense held the Chiefs to just 17 points, including 0 points in the entire second half. He's also proven to be quite effective against our NFC West opponents, notching wins against both the 49ers and Rams this year. NFL reporters are calling this a 'home run hire' for the Hawks.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Was Pete Carroll fired or did he quit? 

Ownership wanted a new direction and it seems they gave Pete the option to have a graceful exit. There was a sketch rumor that he was going to try for the Chargers, but not much panned out. Ownership noted that there would be a back office role for Pete if he wanted it, but Schneider later said that it was a low, very low, priority.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Super stoked about this! This is exactly what we needed to hopefully be competitive once again against the Shanahan’s and McVays of the NFL! 

• Like 3
  • Excited 1
  • bongocat-test 1