The "Dewey's Second Chance" Post Tax-Day Scorchin' April Nicewave Contest! ~ Part Deux (y)

Jesse

Clearly rigged.

Like I said, I am going to put together winners for SEA, PDX and overall once all of the numbers are in. :)

What about grouping winners into SEA, PDX, and those who did both SEA/PDX? Might reduce the number of conspiracy theories.

That's what I said.

Ah, gotcha.

I thought you were including the PDX-only group in the overall group (SEA/PDX).

• Like 2

PDX just jumped to 85... further crushing some forecasts.

Matt's 70 at PDX today is going to cost him the win on the last day.   He Spieth-ed it.  :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Matt's 70 at PDX today is going to cost him the win on the last day. He Spieth-ed it. :)

It's your fault, you told me to go cold for Tuesday.

Like Jordan's caddy telling him to club down on #12.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Matt's 70 at PDX today is going to cost him the win on the last day.   He Spieth-ed it.   :)

It could hit 200 degrees and it would hurt everyone's forecasts equally since we were all too cool today.

• Like 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

It could hit 200 degrees and it would hurt everyone's forecasts equally since we were all too cool today.

Don't get his hopes up!

Yeah, once it got above 79 at PDX it didn't really matter. I think that was the highest anyone went for PDX today.

Don't get his hopes up!

Yeah, once it got above 79 at PDX it didn't really matter. I think that was the highest anyone went for PDX today.

Hey, I went 80 @ PDX. Still a massive bust though.

I noticed the ECMWF/EPS/NAEFS were trending positive with the offshore trough (hence later with the height falls) before I put in my my final guess, but I wasn't sure whether the trend would continue given what looked like a semi-mishandling of the initial poleward propagation of the lead anticyclone. I wish I'd caught on earlier. :(

Congrats Jesse, looks like you're batting 1.000 on the year.

This was an awesome learning experience for me, being unfamiliar with these observation sites and their microclimactic tendencies. Definitely will come away a better forecaster at both locations.

• Like 1

Congrats Jesse, looks like you're batting 1.000 on the year.

This was an awesome learning experience for me, being unfamiliar with these observation sites and their microclimactic tendencies. Definitely will come away a better forecaster at both locations.

Thanks.

You did great considering you are not even familiar with the region.

• Like 1

23 + 26 = 49

49/2 = 24.5

Despite the math... its hard not to say Phil was the winner by winning both locations.    He beat you for PDX by 1 point and beat everyone else who did a forecast for SEA.   

Tough to judge because we did not all play the same game.   But Phil was 2-0 which is better than 1-0.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

How does Phil win both SEA and PDX and lose overall?

Good job Phil and Jesse!

Thanks man.

Just the way the math works out. I think Jesse is correct in that there's no other mathematically plausible way to combine the two scores (outside higher level math that's completely unnecessary for this sort of thing).

Didn't he live at Stevens Pass or something?

Half of my extended family currently lives in Everett, WA. Does that count? :P

Despite the math... its hard not to say Phil was the winner by winning both locations.    He beat you for PDX by 1 point and beat everyone else who did a forecast for SEA.   

Tough to judge because we did not all play the same game.   But Phil was 2-0 which is better than 1-0.

You're right. This is an outrage.

You're right. This is an outrage.

I say next time we all forecast for the same locations.    This is far too important to mess around with loose rules.  :)

It seems pretty straightforward to me. You won the forecasts for SEA PDX and I won the composite. So you won 2/3.

Tim is just mad at me lately because it's going to start raining again.

Haha.

You won, dude. The rules were straightforward from the start.

• Like 1

It seems pretty straightforward to me. You won the forecasts for SEA PDX and I won the composite. So you won 2/3.

Tim is just mad at me lately because it's going to start raining again.

Garden needs some rain.   

Most of Saturday looks decent.   Good compromise.