August 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Geos

It's one thing to be cautiously skeptical, sure. It's another thing to become a full blown conspiracy theorist, just for the fun of it.

Talk about calling a spade a spade, there's a point at which it becomes clear when someone is merely out to troll.

Everytime you get called out you get pissed and defensive and 99.9 percent of the time you are wrong.

Now tell me, do you just happen to have a bunch of the so called sensors that were being talked about last night laying around your house, I mean cmon, it's your hobby of course.

That's not trolling, I called you out and you got pissed instead of answering the question, you just said you have hobbies.

It most certainly was. I remember having very mixed feelings about it at the time, thinking you were full of s**t about so much else but not paricularly caring all that much because it was relatively benign. But there was also the consideration that you might have been telling the truth. I'm not a cruel individual, so I remember taking the high road. Something I don't do all that often.

It's in the OT archives. I remember immediately going back to it once Tim dilligently confirmed what was long suspected. It was supposedly the precursor to your alcohol problem which resulted in your legitimate bannings from other forums. I remember wondering why someone would try THAT hard to get an upper hand in a conversation.

If you're referring to something I posted 6+ years ago, then yeah I'm probably not going to remember it. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my teenage posts were bulls**t.

Anything after February of 2014 (in regards to dead infants) didn't come from me, however. That much I can guarantee.

It most certainly was. I remember having very mixed feelings about it at the time, thinking you were full of s**t about so much else but not paricularly caring all that much because it was relatively benign. But there was also the consideration that you might have been telling the truth. I'm not a cruel individual, so I remember taking the high road. Something I don't do all that often.

It's in the OT archives. I remember immediately going back to it once Tim dilligently confirmed what was long suspected. It was supposedly the precursor to your alcohol problem which resulted in your legitimate bannings from other forums. I remember wondering why someone would try THAT hard to get an upper hand in a conversation.

I had to practically be a private investigator to prove it. Finally narrowing it down (with lots of small pieces of information pulled together) and using Google street view to find the actual house he would post pics of in the snow. Not sure why I cared so much... but he attacked so many people here questioning him that I just had to prove he was lying.

He did not come clean really... he was actually busted with Google street view. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Front Ranger- I may or may not be one of those "creepy" lurkers, LOL. I'm a long time reader of this forum. I'm definitely a weather geek but I lack the knowledge that many others have so I don't say anything as the best I can usually do is give observations of my local weather. I'm only speaking up now because I almost posted earlier when you were all talking about this forum being comprised of mostly males- I'm a woman. I live in Maple Ridge, BC and actually know some of the other BC members here as we have our own little forum elsewhere.

Anyway, nice to "meet" you all. I'll probably go back to being "creepy" now though :)

Glad you posted and introduced yourself. We could use more women around here, though not necessarily Canadians.  ;)

Observations are always welcome. As someone who no longer lives in the PNW, that's something I can't personally provide!

A forum for the end of the world.

If you're referring to something I posted 6+ years ago, then yeah I'm probably not going to remember it. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my teenage posts were bulls**t.

Anything after February of 2014 (in regards to dead infants) didn't come from me, however. That much I can guarantee.

Well obviously I don't think it's still true, or at least entertain the possibility.

And hey, we all do stupid when we're young. Some of it just stains worse than others.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Everytime you get called out you get pissed and defensive and 99.9 percent of the time you are wrong.

Now tell me, do you just happen to have a bunch of the so called sensors that were being talked about last night laying around your house, I mean cmon, it's your hobby of course.

That's not trolling, I called you out and you got pissed instead of answering the question, you just said you have hobbies.

I get pissed when you consistently make ridiculous accusations without any foundation whatsoever.

I have five SHT15 sensors and three SHT11 sensors located on different sites. I just got back in town after being away for a solid month, so no I don't have much of anything sitting around.

Could be some decently chilly nights later on during the long weekend.

Canadian coming around too... looks cool for the next 10 days are least.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I get pissed when you consistently make ridiculous accusations without any foundation whatsoever.

I have five SHT15 sensors and three SHT11 sensors located on different sites. I just got back in town after being away for a solid month, so no I don't have much of anything sitting around.

There was never any accusations, just a question that you took offense too.

You are not in a position to avoid answering simple questions.

Pretty simple.

I had to practically be a private investigator to prove it. Finally narrowing it down (with lots of small pieces of information pulled together) and using Google street view to find the actual house he would post pics of in the snow. Not sure why I cared so much... but he attacked so many people here questioning him that I just had to prove he was lying.

He did not come clean really... he was actually busted with Google street view. :)

You still remember that?

Honestly I'd wanted to come clean about it awhile beforehand, however at that point I was just too embarrassed about the whole situation to man up and admit it.

Honestly is a huge weight off my chest. I have nothing to hide anymore, and it feels great to be myself.

There was never any accusations, just a question that you took offense too.

You are not in a position to avoid answering simple questions.

Pretty simple.

Your "questions" didn't make any sense to me. I'll bet even Tim and Dewey agree with me on this one.

You still remember that?

Honestly I'd wanted to come clean about it awhile beforehand, however at that point I was just too embarrassed about the whole situation to man up and admit it.

Honestly is a huge weight off my chest. I have nothing to hide anymore, and it feels great to be myself.

Nev and Max from Catfish would have had a heyday with you, would have been the best episode ever!!

But, alas, too late now that you're all honest and now.

• Like 1

Your "questions" didn't make any sense to me. I'll bet even Tim and Dewey agree with me on this one.

I questioned what you did for work considering you said you were around the "sensors" daily, instead of explaining yourself you said you had a "hobby" and got defensive.

Pretty simple really....

You still remember that?

Not actually a scientist, like the rest of us.  :o

You are a smart guy, though.

You still remember that?

I deal with dishonesty professionally. It is an animal I really think people fail to understand on a human level. Despite the fact you had to be painted absolutely into a corner, you've handled it admirably since then.

What isn't admirable is the fact you still consistently look for ways to personally degrade others who don't align with your thoughts. There are lines in the sand most of us who argue and such don't cross. You step over pretty routinely. It harkens back to those days and is proof your contrition is situational.

• Like 1

I questioned what you did for work considering you said you were around the "sensors" daily, instead of explaining yourself you said you had a "hobby" and got defensive.

Pretty simple really....

When I said I work with ultrasonic sensors on an (almost) daily basis, I wasn't trying to imply I was paid to do it. I thought I clarified this twice.

I work for a landscaping/hardscaping company based in Ashburn, VA. I've attended classes at MC & UMD, and will be transferring into the UMD M.S. program this spring, after I complete my B.S.

Is that enough information for you? :)

Nev and Max from Catfish would have had a heyday with you, would have been the best episode ever!!

Would probably be a super lame episode to 99% of the population. Unless there was a reveal in the end that Phil was actually a 47 year old married mom of four, and in love with Dewey.

• Like 2

I deal with dishonesty professionally. It is an animal I really think people fail to understand on a human level. Despite the fact you had to be painted absolutely into a corner, you've handled it admirably since then.

What isn't admirable is the fact you still consistently look for ways to personally degrade others who don't align with your thoughts. There are lines in the sand most of us who argue and such don't cross. You step over pretty routinely. It harkens back to those days and is proof your contrition is situational.

Honestly, traveling back home has been a pain in the butt on so many levels...I probably have a short fuse right now.

I'm actually not an angry person at all, as had been suggested by a few people here. I think I might come off that way sometimes, however, so I'll try to work on that.

Would probably be a super lame episode to 99% of the population. Unless there was a reveal in the end that Phil was actually a 47 year old married mom of four, and in love with Dewey.

Sorry, Phil. I'd go younger, not older at this point. I've had to deal with my wife being six months older than me for most of our marriage.

• Like 1

When I said I work with ultrasonic sensors on an (almost) daily basis, I wasn't trying to imply I was paid to do it. I thought I clarified this twice.

I work for a landscaping/hardscaping company based in Ashburn, VA. I attend classes at MC & UMD, and will be transferring into the UMD M.S. program this spring, after I complete my B.S.

Is that enough information for you? :)

You didn't say "almost" last night, being questioned on things can build character.

Look dude, I have no doubt you are smart with this stuff but god D**n, be consistent at the very least.

If you get called out, own it, it will make you a better person.

Not actually a scientist, like the rest of us. :o

You are a smart guy, though.

Thanks. Not yet, at least. :P

Hope to be degreed within the next year. Have been busting my arse, failing topology twice in the process, but in the end I hope it'll be worth it.

You didn't say "almost" last night, being questioned on things can build character.

Look dude, I have no doubt you are smart with this stuff but god D**n, be consistent at the very least.

If you get called out, own it, it will make you a better person.

Does it matter? Obviously I'm not home every day of the year.

This is what I'm taking about. Desperately gunning for a "gotcha" that doesn't exist.

0z GFS is pretty darn cool.  Almost constant deep troughing over us.  Could be an impressively cool September if it holds on deep into the month.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Does it matter? Obviously I'm not home every day of the year.

This is what I'm taking about. Desperately gunning for a "gotcha" that doesn't exist.

Not gunning for anything.

Again, I asked a simple question and yet you resorted to an attack, thankfully I realize this is an internet forum and will not lose sleep because of it, like you.

And BTW, looks like I am not the only one that feels the same way.

Have a great night Phil, quit fighting a battle you can't win.

Not gunning for anything.

Again, I asked a simple question and yet you resorted to an attack, thankfully I realize this is an internet forum and will not lose sleep because of it, like you.

And BTW, looks like I am not the only one the only one that feels the same way.

Have a great night Phil, quit fighting a battle you can't win.

What battle? What am I trying to win? I don't get it.

Likewise, have a nice night.

0z GFS is pretty darn cool.  Almost constant deep troughing over us.  Could be an impressively cool September if it holds on deep into the month.

10-day cycle of troughing coming up... might be cold enough to seal a cool month depending on what happens afterwards.

The WRF has even trended considerably cooler for tomorrow.  It feels like we have turned a corner finally.  Starting to see some days actually end up cooler than expected.  The time has arrived for the cold lovers!

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I mean, it's pretty hard to find examples of any upper level blocking pattern lasting for more than a 10 day increment.... Kinda goes without saying.

You would think.

Worse part is that he would attack viciously when you challenged aspects of this story.   And it turns out we were right to question it.   I honestly feel now that when he starts the personal attacks...  you are usually right in your argument and he does not know how else to react.     

That being said... he is a smart guy and provides valuable information.    But as Dewey pointed out today... he does have a Kevin Martin-esque flair for the dramatic.

He is a good guy at heart.   I have seen that come through many times.

That's what I figured. But he needs to understand that its not OK to do that. I'm looking at you Phil. 

10-day cycle of troughing coming up... might be cold enough to seal a cool month depending on what happens afterwards.

I think it's implicit to anyone who isn't a newbie little weather baby that there'll be a relaxation in a significant upper level anomaly after 7-10 days.

The question, and more to Jim's probable point, is whether we can immediately follow that anomaly up with a period of relative normalcy as opposed to the post-2014 habit of ridging overshadowing all else.

I think it's implicit to anyone who isn't a newbie little weather baby that there'll be a relaxation in a significant upper level anomaly after 7-10 days.

The question, and more to Jim's probable point, is whether we can immediately follow that anomaly up with a period of relative normalcy as opposed to the post-2014 habit of ridging overshadowing all else.

All true.  

For the record, I've been 100% honest since I provided my real location.

All my info is out there on social media. I converse with several folks from here on Twitter and Facebook, as a matter of fact.

If that's indeed true, I applaud you for that. Honestly. 

Memories die hard though. People remember things. That's just how it is.

That's what I figured. But he needs to understand that its not OK to do that. I'm looking at you Phil.

I'm don't remember if you were present during Tim's relentless tirade this June/July, but it was exhausting. I wasn't the only one flabbergasted by it.

I can only handle so much nonsense at one time. :)

If that's indeed true, I applaud you for that. Honestly.

Memories die hard though. People remember things. That's just how it is.

Again, that's completely understandable. I expect the skepticism to last for awhile.

There's a point at which trolling becomes obvious, however. I'm tired of the silly, nonsensical interrogations from a particular member, that's all.

I'm don't remember if you were present during Tim's relentless tirade this June/July, but it was exhausting. I wasn't the only one flabbergasted by it.

I can only handle so much nonsense at one time. :)

Wow.

And just throw a match on that bridge.  

Not even going to start again.   Suffice to say it was very similar to the discussion last night... just drawn out.      And you resorted to personal attacks... enough said.  

For what its worth, I was going to call him out on the 8 sensors thing in yesterday's discussion. I just figured it wasn't worth going off on a tangent. But yeah, I don't think he has 8 sensors sitting around his yard. It smelled more like an attempt on his part to gain the upper hand in the conversation, to convey a level of expertise that doesn't exist. 

Phil - sorry buddy. You brought this on yourself with yesterday's discussion. 

• Like 1