2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

This is a pretty cool, positive story in this day and age of nothing but negatives.

http://www.unilad.co.uk/video/woman-purposely-throws-final-round-of-gameshow-so-war-veteran-doesnt-leave-with-nothing/

That almost brings tears to my eyes. Just beautiful.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

snow_wizard, on 24 Feb 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

This isn't shocking based on how huge the population of the state is. It also doesn't talk about the debt and other serious problems CA has. I notice it did touch on how expensive it is to do business there though.

Washington/ Oregon also expensive cost of living

hawkstwelve, on 24 Feb 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

That headline is incredibly misleading. Here a snippet from that article:

"They'll fix Obamacare. I shouldn't call it repeal and replace because that's not what's going to happen. They're basically going to fix the flaws and put a more conservative box around it."

Boehner also said some popular elements of the law are now likely irreversible, particularly provisions that allow parents to keep their children on their policies until they are 26, and protections for people with pre-existing medical conditions."

First off, fixing the flaws and putting a more conservative box around it would make plenty people in this country happy, regardless if "repeal and replace" actually occurs. Anyone who thought that Obamacare would be completely repealed and replaced does not know how Washington works.

Secondly, Trump and House Republicans have repeatedly, and I mean repeatedly, gone on record and said certain portions of Obamacare would stay, including both of the points outlined in the article. 

There is nothing new to report here - everything that was already known is stated like it's brand new information. Typical.

Health care is a major focus; Republicans gulp   :huh:

I would sure like to know why Trump hasn't gone after Soros. He is almost certainly guilty of sedition. He has undoubtedly caused civil unrest, violence, and is striving to undermine a sitting President. Must be they don't think they can crack the wall of attorneys he is able to afford with his many billions of dollars.

Soros is one man I don't hesitate to call a scoundrel. He's a vile traitor.

Soon he'll be dead, and you can rejoice.

CNN is having a breakdown over this. "Why aren't we allowed in!!!!" Hmm... I wonder. :lol:

Aaand.. cue the "this is the beginning of a dictatorship" comments.

Did Obama ever disallow conservative news networks at this sort of thing?

There is no way you can really spin the repressing of a free media as a good thing.

hawkstwelve, on 24 Feb 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:hawkstwelve, on 24 Feb 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Not to my knowledge, but he also faced next-to-zero false reporting. Hell, he hardly faced any true reporting at all.

They aren't repressing the free media; don't fall victim to hyperbolic comments. If they were repressing the free media they would let no one but Breitbart in. NBC/ABC/CBS and more outlets were all allowed to come to this "press gaggle", as they are calling it. The White House is just fighting back against the main pushers of fake news.

That is very misguided talk coming from an American

Not to my knowledge, but he also faced next-to-zero false reporting. Hell, he hardly faced any true reporting at all.

They aren't repressing the free media; don't fall victim to hyperbolic comments. If they were repressing the free media they would let no one but Breitbart in. NBC/ABC/CBS and more outlets were all allowed to come to this "press gaggle", as they are calling it. The White House is just fighting back against the main pushers of fake news.

Disallowing CNN from attending will definitely work and will in no way make the problem worse. Brilliant strategy. Just absolute brilliance.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

If CNN is really so laughably, obviously fake then Trump should have no qualms with allowing them in just to let them makes fools of themselves.

Barring them from a press briefing like a petulant child does nothing but lend them credence.

You don't think it's possible Democrats are sabotaging the town halls based on how much they hate him? It's kind of like them committing vandalism and painting a swastika at the location to make it look like Trump supports did it. There are cases of this that have been proven. For that matter they have proof a lot of the protestors have been paid also. I've heard some them get $1500.00 per day to protest. D**n good money!

I remember when Obama's press sec. said the same thing to GOP protests and said they were paid for. Yet, democrats don't mention that now do they? All hypocrites.

hawkstwelve, on 24 Feb 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

No, I would say Obama is playing politics with the media. I wouldn't say this is "dangerous talk coming from an American".

I think some people need a reality-check in this country. Comparing Trump to a Nazi? I hope those people never met an actual Nazi. Saying "pushing back against fake news" on an online weather forum is dangerous talk for Americans? I hope those people never meet a white supremacist. Our country has become so desensitized that these outlandish comparisons and accusations become an every-day norm. 

I apologize and replace the word "dangerous" with misguided  

• Like 1

Lets nuke the West Coast and East Coast. 3-day warning for those wanting to relocate to Alabama. They will have liberal concentration camps there.

Trump run media only. All MSM dissolved.

Build massive wall around remainder of entire country.

U-S-A

U-S-A.

Thankfully even Trump and Bannon are not as completely neurotic as Jim Hinkle! :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

But, but, but... I thought that was the beginning of a dictatorship!!! You're telling me this has been done in the past?? WAT?  :rolleyes:

A lot of people are mad because they banned popular outlets like NY Times, CNN etc, but it's done a lot. Ari Fleischer said it's done more often then people think with aides etc.

These reporters are upset because they got the access under Obama and now they are the ones left out.

You believe the media could be more biased than it is now? You believe the media could be more one-sided than it is now? You believe the media could report more false stories than they are now?

That's interesting...

Yes, yes and yes.

No, I would say Obama is playing politics with the media. I wouldn't say this is "dangerous talk coming from an American".

I think some people need a reality-check in this country. Comparing Trump to a Nazi? I hope those people never met an actual Nazi. Saying "pushing back against fake news" on an online weather forum is dangerous talk for Americans? I hope those people never meet a white supremacist. Our country has become so desensitized that these outlandish comparisons and accusations become an every-day norm.

You do have a point. The hysterics are getting old, and once that becomes normalized, fighting Trump, politically speaking, will become next to impossible. At some point, we'll look back at this as the great "boy who cried wolf" moment in American history.

Lets nuke the West Coast and East Coast. 3-day warning for those wanting to relocate to Alabama. They will have liberal concentration camps there.

U-S-A

U-S-A.

Thankfully even Trump and Bannon are not a completely neurotic as Jim Hinkle! :)

Jim Hinkle & Tim Tobias = Two ends of the same horseshoe. :)

Guest Sounder

There was a huge public Republican turn out when it mattered the most - on November 8th of last year.

As far as the harassing of Trump supporters, what those people did was unacceptable and inexcusable. Throwing eggs and spitting on a woman because of who she supports politically is taking things way too far, paid or not paid. Although I believe the main people who were paid a-thousand-and-some dollars were those inciting violence inside Trump rallies. Protesters outside the rallies were simply the underbelly of our society.

He lost by 3 million votes in an election with the lowest turnout in over a decade.

I apologize and replace the word "dangerous" with misguided

If only more people could do this. It's possible for an individual or political ideology to be "misguided" without being labeled anti-Semitic, Nazi-lite, racist, etc. That kind of talk is frowned upon by most Americans, and really de-legitimizes the political opposition, in my opinion.

I disagree with at least ~ 80% of Trump's platform, but I've seldom resorted to language like that. It's self-destructive.

This nationalistic extremism is the worst possible thing for our country and the world. Its insulting and very small minded. Luckily its not Trump as much as it is Jim projecting onto Trump.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

He lost by 3 million votes in an election with the lowest turnout in over a decade.

Turnout was quite high, actually. The raw vote was higher than in 2012, and by percentage of the electorate, it was still higher than any ejection between 1972-2000. Those early reports were false.

Amazing to me how people just repeat what they hear, without doing any research of their own. Especially those posting on a science-based forum.

What's most interesting I think, is the fact that the relative drop in turnout was confined to the states that Clinton won.

In states Trump won, turnout either remained the same or increased from 2012. This is contrary to common logic.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/no-voter-turnout-wasnt-way-down-from-2012/

I fixed a portion of your sentence for you. Also, as Phil pointed out, turnout was not that low. 58.1% in 2016, 58.6% in 2012. A half of a percentage point.

It took me about one minute to find that out, FYI.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/no-voter-turnout-wasnt-way-down-from-2012/

Yep, the "low turnout" rumor was debunked months ago.

There's no excuse for getting this wrong, save sheer ignorance.

If your social media feed is anything like mine, though, you’re still seeing stories claiming only 53 percent or 55 percent of eligible Americans voted, which would represent the lowest turnout in at least 20 years. Those figures were based either on initial vote tallies (which inevitably rise as more ballots are counted) or on McDonald’s earlier estimates, which he is updating as more data becomes available. My own report Friday that turnout was 57 percent was based on estimates at the time, and it’s also out of date.

We won’t have final turnout numbers for weeks or months because some states are still counting ballots; millions remain uncounted. That means estimates based solely on votes counted so far will understate turnout — though already more presidential votes have been counted this year than in 2012 (contrary to reports that fewer voters turned out this year). In the meantime, most news organizations rely on estimates from McDonald.

Yes, yes and yes.

Perhaps in a true dictatorship like north Korea.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Now that is funny!

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The insane bellyaching and intolerance from the liberals continues. So much consternation over a freeking sign! :lol:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/trump-tower-opens-in-vancouver-but-the-welcome-isnt-warm/

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Oh, John, cozying up with the wrong people I see.

Yikes. I almost feel sick now.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

U-S-A

U-S-A.

Thankfully even Trump and Bannon are not as completely neurotic as Jim Hinkle! :)

No middle ground for hyperbole! You're either a neo-Nazi or a Soros-paid traitor.

A forum for the end of the world.

No middle ground for hyperbole! You're either a neo-Nazi or a Soros-paid traitor.

So many ridiculous posts today from many people... I am honored you sorted through all of them to cherry pick my clearly satirical and comical post to challenge!

I honestly believe you primarily come on here with the main goal of finding my posts and coming up rebuttals.

You have a crush on me. :)

Everybody is saying hi to everybody and attending events with expensive clothes on!

It's a f*cking world gone mad!!!

Yeah, that was kind of the point of me posting that picture. It's ridiculous to infer anything out of that sort of thing.

Yeah, that was kind of the point of me posting that picture. It's ridiculous to infer anything out of that sort of thing.

I was tracking with you.

I just can't believe we've come to a point in our nation's history where politicians are being photographed being political.

I was tracking with you.

I just can't believe we've come to a point in our nation's history where politicians are being photographed being political.

Trump wasn't a politician when that photograph was taken (back when he was a Clinton democrat) but I get what you're saying.

Guest Sounder

So no one cares that the White House is now banning media organizations they don't like from briefings? Restriction of the press totally isn't one of the key components of fascism or anything.

Oops, but I'm being "hysterical". Sorry.