2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Did you get my PM?

It happened back in fall of 2011. Want me to dig around for that ancient phone, re-activate it, and post it here? :lol:

Why would you cite it as an example of the current division in our country if it happened nearly six years ago?

It was refreshing that a noted Republican congressman from San Diego county told Bill Maher last night that he supports an independent investigation of Trump. Issa mentioned that he hasn't had an official town hall due to the crowds who follow him wherever he goes including outside the CBS studio where Maher's show is produced. Darrell Issa was very sober and spoke directly to the audience that Trump will be challenged by congressional Republicans.

The town hall meetings are wreaking havoc with Republicans; even a guy in Alabama said that Obamacare may not even be repelled and cited examples of angry constituents

Congress may lack courage to repeal Obamacare, Rep. Mo Brooks says  http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/02/congress_may_lack_courage_to_r.html

Deweydog, on 25 Feb 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

He's much, much, much worse.

I know it is difficult to stomach all the outrages of Trump.  And may be why you side with the president in private :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I know it is difficult to stomach all the outrages of Trump. And may be why you side with the president in private :rolleyes:

I will give Phil some credit. He typically doesn't vomit tabloid ready lines on a regular basis. He seems to at least try to intellectualize what is a unique situation and not reflexively fall back on convenient, contrived, divisive narratives.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Deweydog, on 25 Feb 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

I will give Phil some credit. He typically doesn't vomit tabloid ready lines on a regular basis. He seems to at least try to intellectualize what is a unique situation and not reflexively fall back on convenient, contrived, divisive narratives.

You certainly know that being thin-skinned in Portland only invites awkwardness

It was refreshing that a noted Republican congressman from San Diego county told Bill Maher last night that he supports an independent investigation of Trump. Issa mentioned that he hasn't had an official town hall due to the crowds who follow him wherever he goes including outside the CBS studio where Maher's show is produced. Darrell Issa was very sober and spoke directly to the audience that Trump will be challenged by congressional Republicans.

The town hall meetings are wreaking havoc with Republicans; even a guy in Alabama said that Obamacare may not even be repelled and cited examples of angry constituents

Congress may lack courage to repeal Obamacare, Rep. Mo Brooks says  http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/02/congress_may_lack_courage_to_r.html

Let them investigate if they feel they must. A waste of time and money in my estimation.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just to show the supposed outrage over Trump's travel ban is nothing but BS once again.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/starbucks-brand-perception-plummeted-since-220353319.html

This is also buttressed by polls which show 3/4 of Americans want limits on immigration. To listen to the mainstream media you would think people want nothing but a nonstop flood of illegals.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It's pretty obvious what will happen with Obamacare: repeal certain parts (individual mandate), keep some parts (pre-existing conditions), and change other parts (buying across state lines). Until mid-March when they announce the plan, Congressmen who are commenting on it are playing to whatever crowd they are in front of at the time.

Obamacare can not be changed quickly in the unfortunate rein of Trump.  We can never even discuss legislation. Don't you at least resent all the unnecessary drama that Trump creates?  Some of his cabinet members appear to be level-headed/ assuring European/ Latin allies by contradicting the president  

Why would you cite it as an example of the current division in our country if it happened nearly six years ago?

Huh? This country has been divided for a long time now.

That's not why I cited it, either. Was just having a casual conversation with Jim.

Once again, the media is viewed worse than Trump by a large margin, and it was like that even before he ran. They are getting worse and worse and filled with an agenda.

Dana Bash (CNN) host bashed Major Garret because he asked Obama a tough question. The way they reported on things when he was in office compared to now is just sickening and unfair to the American people

Yes, Trump should be hold accountable, but he's being unfairly criticized and are false story after story being written about him and his organization. Even independents and some liberals feel that way.

He's much, much, much worse.

:lol:

Have to laugh when I'm called a liar...for telling the truth. I've been 100% honest here since I "came out of the closet", so to speak. I'll PM you the name of the individual in question, if you don't believe me.

Once again, the media is viewed worse than Trump by a large margin, and it was like that even before he ran. They are getting worse and worse and filled with an agenda.

Dana Bash (CNN) host bashed Major Garret because he asked Obama a tough question. The way they reported on things when he was in office compared to now is just sickening and unfair to the American people

Yes, Trump should be hold accountable, but he's being unfairly criticized and are false story after story being written about him and his organization. Even independents and some liberals feel that way.

OK.   One of the highest rated polls released this week says otherwise.     

And voters trust the media more than Trump 52 - 37 percent "to tell you the truth about important issues."

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2431 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

OK. One of the highest rated polls released this week says otherwise.

And voters trust the media more than Trump 52 - 37 percent "to tell you the truth about important issues."

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2431

To be fair, the Gallup and Emerson College polls say the reverse is true.

If the Russian stuff turns out to be false, the media will take a huge hit, IMO. Trump will go out and start thumping his chest saying "I told you so, just like before the election", or something along those lines.

To be fair, the Gallup and Fox polls say the reverse is true.

If the Russian stuff turns out to be false, the media will take a huge hit.

Gallup also shows an historically low approval rating for Trump.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/204050/trump-job-approval-points-below-average-one-month-mark.aspx

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- President Donald Trump's 40% job approval rating about one month into his presidency is 21 percentage points below the historical average rating for elected presidents in mid-February (61%). It is also 11 points below the lowest mid-February reading for any other president.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

http://www.gallup.com/poll/204050/trump-job-approval-points-below-average-one-month-mark.aspx

Sure, but that wasn't the point. I'm not sure approval ratings even matter like they used to. People just hate DC these days.

FWIW, I meant to say Emerson College, not Fox. My bad.

Phil, on 25 Feb 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

To be fair, the Gallup and Emerson College polls say the reverse is true.

If the Russian stuff turns out to be false, the media will take a huge hit, IMO. Trump will go out and start thumping his chest saying "I told you so, just like before the election", or something along those lines.

Actually I hope the Russia connection turns out to be stupid but not illegal. There are too many other issues for Trump to deal with including ISIS battles. I never get the sense that Trump is focused; it is unnerving.  

• Like 1

Actually I hope the Russia connection turns out to be stupid but not illegal. There are too many other issues for Trump to deal with including ISIS battles. I never get the sense that Trump is focused; it is unnerving.

Trump needs to feel loved. He's definitely not used to this level of criticism.

Hopefully he develops thicker skin with time.

Absolutely I can admit the unnecessary drama created by Trump is not welcome. He continuously puts his foot in his mouth and gives the media more ammunition.

That being said, it would be a hard sell to say Trump is inhibiting DC from becoming a well-oiled machine. DC has been failing for years, if not longer. Why do you think people elected an outsider? Trump's antics certainly don't help the situation but they aren't making Washington any less inept than they already were.

Agree and why Ryan and McConnell need to stand against Trump impulses/ tantrums

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

:lol:

Have to laugh when I'm called a liar...for telling the truth. I've been 100% honest here since I "came out of the closet", so to speak. I'll PM you the name of the individual in question, if you don't believe me.

I don't doubt you've fairly pretty honest since then. The inauguration day stuff was pretty iffy, but whatever. Flash flood waters under the bridge.

• Like 1

Money, on 25 Feb 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:Money, on 25 Feb 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

That's why voters voted for him. He was an outsider who would do things different. People knew his personality and was ok with it

Trump is a spoiled self-centered NY brat. A disordered personality that repulses even Republicans.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- President Donald Trump's 40% job approval rating about one month into his presidency is 21 percentage points below the historical average rating for elected presidents in mid-February (61%). It is also 11 points below the lowest mid-February reading for any other president.[/size]

Rasmussen has been proven to be the most accurate poll. I have been saying this for years before you accuse me of anything. It is so easy to slant questions in a way to get a bogus result.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Rasmussen has been proven to be the most accurate poll. I have been saying this for years before you accuse me of anything. It is so easy to slant questions in a way to get a bogus result.

538 rates Quinnipiac (A-) much higher than Rasmussen (C+).

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

The funny thing is there were polls that showed Trump had a decent chance of being elected, but nobody ever talked about those and still don't mention it. The same polls show far different results than the ones the media sites. It amazes me people can't see right through this crap.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Only the 50th time this has been posted and you refused to comment on the article I posted showing this happens a lot of times

The funny thing is there were polls that showed Trump had a decent chance of being elected, but nobody ever talked about those and still don't mention it. The same polls show far different results than the ones the media sites. It amazes me people can't see right through this crap.

The amount of things that amaze you amazes me.

Money, on 25 Feb 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Only the 50th time this has been posted and you refused to comment on the article I posted showing this happens a lot of times

Good and clear that you and Jim agree that all press are included

Any poll that showed Trump ahead on a national level was completely wrong.    Hillary was ahead and won the popular vote easily as the national polls showed.

There were issues with the polls in PA, MI, and WI... but not so much on a national level.