February 23rd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Tom

Its either gonna score a coup or fall flat on its face.  currently its on its own.  GFS will be telling

Could be over amped in IA and that's what is causing it...ensembles are all farther SE...if the GFS shifts NW then maybe its some to ponder on...

All winter long I have been literally like 35-40 miles to the south of the heavy snow. Looks like this will be another situation. The LRC continues to show her ugly face. I would be shocked if we don't see at least 2 major severe weather outbreaks in the state this summer because these storm tracks are like a perfect set-up. 

FileL-1.png

FileL.png

RGEM will be telling also imo. It's usually amped/NW this time frame but 6z RGEM actually had it way south of the GFS even.

Even this close in it likes to amp?  I thought it was more out in 120+ hr range it liked to do that... I dont bother with that model anymore so I really don't know first hand what its bias's are now..

Even this close in it likes to amp?  I thought it was more out in 120+ hr range it liked to do that... I dont bother with that model anymore so I really don't know first hand what its bias's are now..

RGEM only goes out to HR 48.

It has a 989 L in Central KS at 36. SE of the NAM at same timeframe 

Going to be interesting to what the 12z GFS spits out. Hopefully with the full upper air pattern included something will break one way or the other. Even though the truck is relatively close, one way or the other could mean big differences for Saints, St. Paul, and myself.

whats your location for this event?And i agree... lets break this one way or another... tho im leaning/locking  towards  a 0z euro like outcome with a couple sprinkles juicer to the nw plz.