May Weather in the Pacific Northwest

This is not correct. Maybe you just don't realize how repetitive you are?

Those were in response to other posts.    You are taking them out of context.

My original post was a simple response to Jesse's joke that I control the weather.    Obviously I don't or it would not have been so wet over the last 4 years.   That is all. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Those were in response to other posts.    You are taking them out of context.

My original post was a simple response to Jesse's joke that I control the weather.    Obviously I don't or it would not have been so wet over the last 4 years.   That is all. 

I didn't take anything out of context. They were all part of the same convo, and you kept repeating the same point. 

Hey look, you did it again in this post!  :lol:

A forum for the end of the world.

Those were in response to other posts. You are taking them out of context.

My original post was a simple response to Jesse's joke that I control the weather. Obviously I don't or it would not have been so wet over the last 4 years. That is all.

The last 4-5 years have been pretty kind to your tastes, even if there were a handful of cold season periods that had more rain than usual. Times of year where it’s normally wet anyway.

Of course, that gives you a much shakier platform from which to complain constantly. And we don’t want that. ;)

I didn't take anything out of context. They were all part of the same convo, and you kept repeating the same point. 

Hey look, you did it again in this post!  :lol:

As often as you point out there were dry periods in our unprecedented wet 4-year stretch here!  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The last 4-5 years have been pretty kind to your tastes, even if there were a handful of cold season periods that had more rain than usual. Times of year where it’s normally wet anyway.

Of course, that gives you a much shakier platform from which to complain constantly. And we don’t want that. ;)

I actually have not said the last 4-5 years have been bad.

My point all along has been that we are way overdue for a couple dry, cool years.  

And that it has not been runaway drought here during this warm period.    Quite the opposite.   

I actually have not said the last 4-5 years have been bad.

My point all along has been that we are way overdue for a couple dry, cool years.

And that it has not been runaway drought here during this warm period. Quite the opposite.

You can have a year that is technically wetter than normal, with the precip anomalies bunched up in one half of the year, and still have very long, abnormal warm season drought. That has happened a handful of years recently, especially down here. A near unprecedented run of hot and dry summers.

• Like 1

As often as you point out there were dry periods in our unprecedented wet 4-year stretch here!  

It's not just that there were dry periods - the dry periods have been exceptional, as much so as the wet periods. Just because the annual total came out wet doesn't make that not true.

Take the example (one of many) that I gave yesterday: OLM has seen it's two driest Mays in the past three years. The odds of something like that are quite low...it's exceptional and unprecedented.

This 500mb pattern has resulted in 2 days with a 0 departure at SEA, WFO SEA, BLI, and HQM.     The first days of the month that were not above normal at those stations.    Troughing and below normal 850mb temps only seem to get the Puget Sound area down to normal in the warm season.   

ecmwf_z500aNorm_namer_6.png

Farther south... OLM, PDX, and SLE all had a respectable negative departure of -4 yesterday.  

I think we will see more in the way of negative departures over the next week for the Puget Sound region.

Also, FWIW the EPS supports the general 0z Euro progression.

It'll be interesting to see if there will be any weather-related words on the spelling bee finals right now on ESPN8 The Ocho (ESPNU)

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Got some rain wandering around the area this morning. 

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

12Z GFS shows many troughs fighting to get into the PNW at the same time in the long range...

gfs_z500a_namer_44.png

Wow forgot what that looked like.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

PDX is at 63.18 right now for the monthly mean. Record for May is 63.10. Will very likely either see a tie or a slight edge to 2018.

Almost a lock to finish as the 2nd driest May, as well. Unless one of these showers today majorly overachieves.

PDX would have to hit 68 or higher today to tie 1992. Anything below that and it would round down to 63.0

So 70 is looking good.

At 56 right now. Had a few sprinkles but that was it so far. Most of the rain has just been to the east in Woodinville down to Redmond.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

12z GFS is a warm and dry run overall. Any major precip keeps getting put off to the end of the runs. Which usually isn’t a good sign.

Clear your cache?