Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

7 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Yes, you are.  I could sort of understand that mentality in 2016. He and his goons now know how to pull the levers of power and there's going to be far fewer people to "reign him in" like in 2016.

"Acting" attorney general Giuliani sounds pretty scary.

I guess ITA. 😆

Maybe it needs to get worse before it gets better. 

So many people are still, to this day, just willfully not using their brain and serve as useful idiots to the extremes on both sides.  Yes, the far right is much more dangerous on many levels, but so many on the left are comfortably numb to the idiots on their side as well.  We are all being played, and we eat it up!

What horrific event(s) will it take for this country to wake up and embrace pragmatism? 

15 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Good. I hope everyone else besides Haley and DeSantis follow suit. 

Pence never had a chance because he had no lane. MAGA thinks he's a traitor and he's too boring for everyone else. Evangelicals can only get you so far. 

The Florida Republican Assembly issued a declaration calling for Governor Ron DeSantis to come home to Florida and get back to governing the state. Their official letter is below. If DeSantis would've waited to run till 2028 he likely could've easily won the nomination, but he got full of himself and he had RINO's with TDS whispering in his ear, urging him to run now. He waited to announce till he could get Florida law changed as it wasn't legal for a sitting governor to run for president. I'm not sure how he can keep running since he started his campaign with $112 million and was down to his last $5 million already a few weeks, or maybe a month ago. His donors mostly quit (a few were very questionable) and a few are now supporting Trump.

I will never support war Hawk Haley as our wars would only increase because she and Lindsay Graham have indicated they would like to carpet bomb Iran! 🤦I don't have the link, but remember hearing it on a radio show and reading about it. Oh, and Nikki Haley argues to bring one million Hamas supporting Palestinians to the US from Gaza – where over 68% of population supports terror strikes on Israel. (Ron DeSantis doesn't support this) Here's a poll from nearly 10 years ago. Things could've changed by now, but probably not much, if any for the better. 

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/poll-89-percent-of-palestinians-support-terror-attacks-on-israel/

https://www.pcpo.org/index.php/polls/114-poll-no-191

Florida-Republican-Assembly-on-DeSantis-464x600.jpg.6b1f9b9fd2e6f8e1962ad0b6dab1722e.jpg

Also found out more things that RFK Jr. supports, including reparations and other things democrats support, even though he's now officially running as an independent to increase his following. He soon removed that statement from his website because he discovered it will hurt him bigly. So I won't consider him for sure. 

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

The Florida Republican Assembly issued a declaration calling for Governor Ron DeSantis to come home to Florida and get back to governing the state. Their official letter is below. If DeSantis would've waited to run till 2028 he likely could've easily won the nomination, but he got full of himself and he had RINO's with TDS whispering in his ear, urging him to run now. He waited to announce till he could get Florida law changed as it wasn't legal for a sitting governor to run for president. I'm not sure how he can keep running since he started his campaign with $112 million and was down to his last $5 million already a few weeks, or maybe a month ago. His donors mostly quit (a few were very questionable) and a few are now supporting Trump.

I will never support war Hawk Haley as our wars would only increase because she and Lindsay Graham have indicated they would like to carpet bomb Iran! 🤦I don't have the link, but remember hearing it on a radio show and reading about it. Oh, and Nikki Haley argues to bring one million Hamas supporting Palestinians to the US from Gaza – where over 68% of population supports terror strikes on Israel. (Ron DeSantis doesn't support this) Here's a poll from nearly 10 years ago. Things could've changed by now, but probably not much, if any for the better. 

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/poll-89-percent-of-palestinians-support-terror-attacks-on-israel/

Florida-Republican-Assembly-on-DeSantis-464x600.jpg.6b1f9b9fd2e6f8e1962ad0b6dab1722e.jpg

Tucker Carlson is the heir apparent for 2028. 

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

Also found out more things that RFK Jr. supports, including reparations and other things democrats support, even though he's now officially running as an independent to increase his following. He soon removed that statement from his website because he discovered it will hurt him bigly. So I won't consider him for sure. 

My wife has been carrying on about RFK Jr. for a few months, I bet she'll stop if I tell her about this reparations stuff. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

I agree with everything as far as DeSantis goes. He should have stuck with his winning formula in Florida and waited to run for president until 2028. I think that plan would have worked out much better for him. But I'm no DeSantis fan, so I've kind of enjoyed seeing him fall flat on his face. 

As far as Nikki goes, MAGA loves to try and paint her as a war hawk. Andrew tried doing the same thing on this thread not too long ago. Didn't work out for him because the fact of the matter is, she was our UN Ambassador for almost two years and not once did we enter in a new conflict during that time. Not a single new war. And she was dealing with our adversaries almost every day. Plenty of opportunities to start a problem if she wanted to but she didn't. Prior to the UN, she was the governor of South Carolina. Last I checked, and please correct me if I'm wrong, a governor has no power in deciding whether we enter into a war.

I think you MAGA mistake (although it's probably not a mistake at all) a tough woman who takes nobody's shit for someone who wants to start wars. Just because she's a no-nonsense woman doesn't mean she wants to send our troops to war. I mean really, her husband is in the military. If she started a war, she'd have to send him to fight it. You think she wants to do that? I don't think so, pal.

I looked around for this supposed comment she said about carpet bombing Iran but I didn't see anything besides her saying Israel needs to finish Hamas once and for all, shortly after the October 7th attack took place. As diplomatic as Haley is, I have a hard time believing she'd just come right out and say "we should bomb the hell out of Iran". That would not be like her at all. But please share this comment here if you find it - and I mean the actual quote, not a clip of Steve Bannon's "War Room" podcast where they spew a bunch of shit and claim she said it. Actual quote.

As far Gaza refugees, I'm surprised as an anti-DeSantis person that you'd fall so easily for his campaign's lies. This is why I said it's important to get the actual quote for her previous supposed statement. You seem to fall easily for certain narratives. 

Haley never said we should bring refugees here. She said Arab countries (Qatar, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon specifically) should be opening their borders for refugees. DeSantis camp took that interview with CNN and spun it to make it seem like she wanted them here. Here's more info on that, in case you care: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/10/18/politics/fact-check-desantis-haley-gaza-refugees/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4260755-haley-middle-east-should-take-gaza-refugees/amp/

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2023/10/22/during-haleys-return-to-iowa-she-calls-out-desantis-for-false-claims-on-accepting-refugees-from-gaza/71270287007/

Fact of the matter is out of all the possible nominees for president, on either side of the aisle, Haley is the best positioned to handle the complicated and messy foreign affairs over the next four years. Trump is too egotistical (he complained that Netanyahu personally slighted him a day after the Hamas attacks.......... Like, are you freaking serious dude?! That's who you want for president?!?!). DeSantis has absolutely zero foreign policy experience at all. And Biden is not sharp enough to deal with all this shit at once. Hell, there is an argument to be made that all this is happening because Biden is so weak. American weakness is when our enemies strike. That's one thing you wouldn't ever have to question with Haley as president - she'd never be weak. But don't mistake that strength as someone who wants war. Those two things are not inextricably linked like MAGA are trying to make them out to be. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

I agree with everything as far as DeSantis goes. He should have stuck with his winning formula in Florida and waited to run for president until 2028. I think that plan would have worked out much better for him. But I'm no DeSantis fan, so I've kind of enjoyed seeing him fall flat on his face. 

As far as Nikki goes, MAGA loves to try and paint her as a war hawk. Andrew tried doing the same thing on this thread not too long ago. Didn't work out for him because the fact of the matter is, she was our UN Ambassador for almost two years and not once did we enter in a new conflict during that time. Not a single new war. And she was dealing with our adversaries almost every day. Plenty of opportunities to start a problem if she wanted to but she didn't. Prior to the UN, she was the governor of South Carolina. Last I checked, and please correct me if I'm wrong, a governor has no power in deciding whether we enter into a war.

I think you MAGA mistake (although it's probably not a mistake at all) a tough woman who takes nobody's for someone who wants to start wars. Just because she's a no-nonsense woman doesn't mean she wants to send our troops to war. I mean really, her husband is in the military. If she started a war, she'd have to send him to fight it. You think she wants to do that? I don't think so, pal.

I looked around for this supposed comment she said about carpet bombing Iran but I didn't see anything besides her saying Israel needs to finish Hamas once and for all, shortly after the October 7th attack took place. As diplomatic as Haley is, I have a hard time believing she'd just come right out and say "we should bomb the hell out of Iran". That would not be like her at all. But please share this comment here if you find it - and I mean the actual quote, not a clip of Steve Bannon's "War Room" podcast where they spew a bunch of and claim she said it. Actual quote.

As far Gaza refugees, I'm surprised as an anti-DeSantis person that you'd fall so easily for his campaign's lies. This is why I said it's important to get the actual quote for her previous supposed statement. You seem to fall easily for certain narratives. 

Haley never said we should bring refugees here. She said Arab countries (Qatar, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon specifically) should be opening their borders for refugees. DeSantis camp took that interview with CNN and spun it to make it seem like she wanted them here. Here's more info on that, in case you care: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/10/18/politics/fact-check-desantis-haley-gaza-refugees/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4260755-haley-middle-east-should-take-gaza-refugees/amp/

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2023/10/22/during-haleys-return-to-iowa-she-calls-out-desantis-for-false-claims-on-accepting-refugees-from-gaza/71270287007/

Fact of the matter is out of all the possible nominees for president, on either side of the aisle, Haley is the best positioned to handle the complicated and messy foreign affairs over the next four years. Trump is too egotistical (he complained that Netanyahu personally slighted him a day after the Hamas attacks.......... Like, are you freaking serious dude?! That's who you want for president?!?!). DeSantis has absolutely zero foreign policy experience at all. And Biden is not sharp enough to deal with all this at once. Hell, there is an argument to be made that all this is happening because Biden is so weak. American weakness is when our enemies strike. That's one thing you wouldn't ever have to question with Haley as president - she'd never be weak. But don't mistake that strength as someone who wants war. Those two things are not inextricably linked like MAGA are trying to make them out to be. 

If DeSantis were to drop out, what do you think would happen to his 10-12% of the Republican electorate? Do you think they would all migrate to Haley or would they split between someone like her and Trump? 

4 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Tucker Carlson is the heir apparent for 2028. 

My wife has been carrying on about RFK Jr. for a few months, I bet she'll stop if I tell her about this reparations stuff. 

This is not where I originally saw it, but happened to see this as well.

https://www.cf.org/news/rfk-jr-quietly-changes-stance-on-reparations-after-major-blowback/

I may stage a mass protest of 1 or 2 regarding our demands for reparations for Queen Anne luring Swiss citizens to an empty land called America in 1705 during the 200 yrs war.   

My family was victim to this rouse and only 3 of a family of 7 survived the trip. The kids ended up indentured. Father died soon after arriving.  
Right!  That should really right the wrong! 😆
Anyone buying that? …I’ve got a bridge in West Texas….!

Point is no amount of money or kowtowing will right a wrong.  Certainly not 8-10 generations later.  
Slavery is a stain on humanity. No amount of money can wash away the stain. Slavery still exists in the world.  
It’s still a heinous wrong. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

I wonder how badly Haley would lose to Biden?

20 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

If DeSantis were to drop out, what do you think would happen to his 10-12% of the Republican electorate? Do you think they would all migrate to Haley or would they split between someone like her and Trump? 

Tough to say for sure. Depends on if his voting bloc is more MAGA-based who have tired of Trump or if they're anti-Trump altogether and see him as the best shot at beating him. If it's the former, I'd see them breaking back towards Trump. If it's the latter, they'd fall towards Haley. 

Either way, DeSantis won't drop out until he bombs in the first couple primaries. Hopefully it's just DeSantis, Haley, and Trump at that point so that once DeSantis is out it'll be Haley v. Trump come super Tuesday. 

I never understood why it's only Biden who gets criticized of his age on here.

One of Donald J. Trump’s new comedic bits at his rallies features him impersonating the current commander in chief with an over-the-top caricature mocking President Biden’s age.

With droopy eyelids and mouth agape, Mr. Trump stammers and mumbles. He squints. His arms flap. He shuffles his feet and wanders laggardly across the stage. A burst of laughter and applause erupts from the crowd as he feigns confusion by turning and pointing to invisible supporters, as if he does not realize his back is to them.

But his recent campaign events have also featured less deliberate stumbles. Mr. Trump has had a string of unforced gaffes, garble and general disjointedness that go beyond his usual discursive nature, and that his Republican rivals are pointing to as signs of his declining performance.

On Sunday in Sioux City, Iowa, Mr. Trump wrongfully thanked supporters of Sioux Falls, a South Dakota town about 75 miles away, correcting himself only after being pulled aside onstage and informed of the error.

It was strikingly similar to a fictional scene that Mr. Trump acted out earlier this month, pretending to be Mr. Biden mistaking Iowa for Idaho and needing an aide to straighten him out.

In recent weeks, Mr. Trump has also told supporters not to vote, and claimed to have defeated President Barack Obama in an election. He has praised the collective intellect of an Iranian-backed militant group that has long been an enemy of both Israel and the United States, and repeatedly mispronounced the name of the armed group that rules Gaza.

25 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I wonder how badly Haley would lose to Biden?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general_election_haley_vs_biden-8127.html

More often than not, it's independents who decide the winner. And I don't think it's a stretch to say that we know which person has more independent appeal when looking at the gop primary contenders.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Tough to say for sure. Depends on if his voting bloc is more MAGA-based who have tired of Trump or if they're anti-Trump altogether and see him as the best shot at beating him. If it's the former, I'd see them breaking back towards Trump. If it's the latter, they'd fall towards Haley. 

Either way, DeSantis won't drop out until he bombs in the first couple primaries. Hopefully it's just DeSantis, Haley, and Trump at that point so that once DeSantis is out it'll be Haley v. Trump come super Tuesday. 

If Haley wins Super Tuesday...

• Sick 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Just now, hawkstwelve said:

Trump getting places he's visiting mixed up. Thought he was in Sioux Falls, not Sioux City, until someone came onstage and told him where he's actually speaking at. 

Wasn't he making fun of Joe Biden not too long ago for this very same thing?

We all mix up places at some point, especially globally.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Except when Biden does it.  Then everyone's a doctor and accusations of dementia are immediate.

Biden is older than Trump, and the left-wing media went crazy with the false accusations of Dementia of Trump when he was POTUS because he walked slowly on a slippery ramp at West Point.

• Weenie 1

@SilverFallsAndrew

This piece touches a bit on where DeSantis's support has fled. As I mentioned, some have run back to Trump (MAGA-ers) and others have run to Haley (anti-Trumpers). Either way you slice it, the guy is toast. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/spurned-by-many-moderates-and-maga-how-desantis-s-coalition-has-deflated/ar-AA1j4R4N

Vivek kind of ran out of steam didn't he. 

3 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

@SilverFallsAndrew

This piece touches a bit on where DeSantis's support has fled. As I mentioned, some have run back to Trump (MAGA-ers) and others have run to Haley (anti-Trumpers). Either way you slice it, the guy is toast. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/spurned-by-many-moderates-and-maga-how-desantis-s-coalition-has-deflated/ar-AA1j4R4N

Someone could catch Trump, but it's hard to see who and how. The only plausible scenario is that essentially all support for those other than Trump coalesces behind one candidate and that person seizes so much momentum the proverbial dam breaks and everyone abandons Trump and rushes to the challenger. Beyond Trump passing away or becoming medically incapacitated, I think he will likely be the nominee.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Someone could catch Trump, but it's hard to see who and how. The only plausible scenario is that essentially all support for those other than Trump coalesces behind one candidate and that person seizes so much momentum the proverbial dam breaks and everyone abandons Trump and rushes to the challenger. Beyond Trump passing away or becoming medically incapacitated, I think he will likely be the nominee.  

You aren't wrong.

It is a good thing, but how can they find all AI generated stuff and when the nasty people have software that takes out the watermark?

President Joe Biden Issues Historic Executive Order That Might Forever Change All AI-Generated Imagery (msn.com)

We need to go deeper into which AI-generated content needs to be more regulated than others.

Jen Psaki trying to be discriminatory against Mike Johnson just because of his religion?

Jen Psaki Says Speaker Mike Johnson Is ‘Scary’ Because He’s Christian (msn.com)

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

Jen Psaki trying to be discriminatory against Mike Johnson just because of his religion?

Jen Psaki Says Speaker Mike Johnson Is ‘Scary’ Because He’s Christian (msn.com)

No, her snark comes from the fact that he is a Bible thumping hypocrite.  He's a smug little man who has very little in common with Jesus' teachings.

DMR poll from yesterday showed Haley tied with DeSantis for second place. That's not the only good news for Haley though. Haley is leading the Republican field with suburban voters, a voting bloc that has fled the Republican Party since 2016. Haley stands at 32%, DeSantis at 29%, and Trump at 24%.

Between her support among Independents and her ability to pull back in disillusioned suburban voters, it continues to remain apparent that she is best positioned to beat Biden next year. Anyone who doubts that at this point either doesn't know politics or is just gaslighting on behalf of MAGA. 

2 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

DMR poll from yesterday showed Haley tied with DeSantis for second place. That's not the only good news for Haley though. Haley is leading the Republican field with suburban voters, a voting bloc that has fled the Republican Party since 2016. Haley stands at 32%, DeSantis at 29%, and Trump at 24%.

Between her support among Independents and her ability to pull back in disillusioned suburban voters, it continues to remain apparent that she is best positioned to beat Biden next year. Anyone who doubts that at this point either doesn't know politics or is just gaslighting on behalf of MAGA. 

Republican turnout would be extremely depressed if she were to be the nominee. There is a lot of evidence that low propensity voters turn out in droves to support trump. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Republican turnout would be extremely depressed if she were to be the nominee. There is a lot of evidence that low propensity voters turn out in droves to support trump. 

Well, you will never know what may happen, the 2016 election was thought to be a forgone conclusion for Hiliary.

13 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Well, you will never know what may happen, the 2016 election was thought to be a forgone conclusion for Hiliary.

True. I suspect the MAGA die hard s will defect to RFK Jr. 

Home sick today. Watching the Donald Trump roast from 2011. 

On 10/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, hawkstwelve said:

Ron DeSantis's feet are causing Twitter to blow up right now. I hear the guy is very short and doesn't want that to be widely known or something so he wears higher-heeled shoes. Anybody catch those beauties he wore on Bill Maher's show the other week? This guy is a total phony. 

I've known about this awhile before X blew up about it. It's nothing wrong in being short, but why not be truthful and laugh about it? In this short video DeSantis likely lied at least twice. He said he didn't know anything about the Bill Maher clip and he said he's 5' 11". ( Probably with the boots 🤣) A guy who's 5' 7", and I listen to, was near DeSantis a number of times and says he's not taller than himself. I do admire him for how well he walks with his stilettos!! 😜 It probably took some practice and was encouraged by his mentor Jeb Bush . 

https://youtu.be/rIS5YK_l2r4?si=awwNMV8rxS3MXm-7

On 10/30/2023 at 12:18 PM, hawkstwelve said:

@SilverFallsAndrew

Remember, last summer I said he's likely done, or something to that order. He ticked off a lot of his base by pretending to be MAGA early on and running against Trump when he said he wouldn't. (Actually Haley said the same thing several years ago in a clip I saw recently) MAGA is a huge grassroots movement.