2018 California/Southwest Weather Thread

I've been in Torrence for a few days. Morning clouds and afternoon sun with highs near 80F. Not bad.

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

Though dew point temps are in the 60's that is lower, overall than yesterday. Stratus lurks offshore but close enough to provide some cooling even inland a bit. May not break 90F here today.

86.1°

Last night was just plain miserable.  Discussion on a local website about how it seems each summer gets more humid. Dew point temps above 70° are almost routine it seems.

L: 73 

June Gloom conditions at the beaches, but warm and muggy. Anyway, looks like the 100 F will be out of reach for KFUL today.

4 huge bangs last night around 4:45 AM that sounded like fireworks or gunshots and woke me up and got my dog barking. No clue what they were. If it was idiots doing fireworks, however, they should be made to suffer in the heat all day.

SoCal can experience Florida summer conditions; only wish that showers would be in the mix  :(

PASADENA N/A 97 70 41 E3 N/A HX 103

HOMESTEAD FAIR 92  73  54 S9 HX 101

June Gloom conditions at the beaches, but warm and muggy. Anyway, looks like the 100 F will be out of reach for KFUL today.

4 huge bangs last night around 4:45 AM that sounded like fireworks or gunshots and woke me up and got my dog barking. No clue what they were. If it was idiots doing fireworks, however, they should be made to suffer in the heat all day.

Yesterday Vandenberg launched a rocket at around 4:40AM yesterday. It woked me up and I thought it was an earthquake because the house was shaking,

Fires all over the West; it seems a routine character of what constitutes summer.  Though mostly downwind from LA the smoke from the 'Cranston' fire [san Jacinto mts] has managed to creep westward making already foul air even worse.  Add uncomfortably high dew points and heat and staying indoors is nearly mandatory.  Horrible month.

L: 71

PALM SPRINGS SUNNY 95 71 45 SE9 29.92S HX 102 
THOUSAND PALMS N/A 93 75 54 SE6 29.86F HX 104 
PALM DESERT N/A 96 75 50 CALM 31.87S HX 108 
THERMAL SUNNY 97 75 49 E5 29.85F HX 109 
BLYTHE SUNNY 97 70 41 S18 29.90S HX 103 
IMPERIAL AP SUNNY 96 75 50 CALM 29.85R HX 108 
EL CENTRO NAS MOSUNNY 95 74 50 N3 29.87R HX 105 
YUMA AZ SUNNY 98 72 42 SE14 29.89R HX 107

Air quality is much better this morning, thanks, in part, to improved containment of 'Cranston' fire.  Bit of an easterly wave so dew points will remain quite uncomfortable. 

Saturday: 90/ 69 

Even Central valley has mugginess. Dew points pushing 60F in northern Sacramento valley [as in Portland, btw]. Has to help firefighters

FRESNO SUNNY 83 66 56 E5 29.94S HAZE

PORTERVILLE SUNNY 86 63 45 W5 29.96S