West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

2 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Have you or anyone seen the Netflix documentary "Quarterback?" He's completely insufferable. 

Will have to check that out! 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

My dad’s IV Christmas tree…Wow! Needs an angel on top. He is nowhere out of the woods and still on a ventilator but the Dr.’s and staff are stunned that he made it though the night and actually improved quite greatly. Fingers crossed it continues. 

IMG_1046.jpeg

• Like 7

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

18 minutes ago, MossMan said:

My dad’s IV Christmas tree…Wow! Needs an angel on top. He is nowhere out of the woods and still on a ventilator but the Dr.’s and staff are stunned that he made it though the night and actually improved quite greatly. Fingers crossed it continues. 

IMG_1046.jpeg

Awesome news!

I totally get posting this in OT, but I think it would get more traction in the main thread and everyone would be happy to hear this.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, MossMan said:

IMG_1046.jpeg

I am glad to hear this! I will say a prayer and definitely keep you all in my thoughts. I hope the continued improvement continues!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

I don't have Netflix, can you fill me in, or if you have to message me, you or @SilverFallsAndrew

They just spent all of last season following Mahomes, Cousins, and Mariota around and spent time with each of them at home.   Mariota disappeared after he got cut by Falcons.   Cousins is exactly what you see... a corny but genuine guy.   And Mahomes is just annoying and full of himself.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, BLI snowman said:

Awesome news!

I totally get posting this in OT, but I think it would get more traction in the main thread and everyone would be happy to hear this.

I know a few people on the weather side get quite touchy when the subject strays from the epic drizzly forecast so I thought I would post in here as it’s more accepted. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Seahawks season is over and they are a hopeless mess of a team... Kraken have lost 8 games in a row... and the Mariners are flipping off the fans and saying screw you.    Pretty sad state of affairs for sports around here... except for fans of the Huskies.

I heard the Sonics may be making a return in the near future?!

• Excited 1

A forum for the end of the world.

8 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Looked good.

Not sure if it was the Cowboys winning or the Eagles falling apart though. 

The Cowboys gave up 35 points to the hapless Seahawks and then held the Eagles to 13.    I am sure the Eagles offense will easily get back on track next week against the Seahawks.   Because the Seahawks lose every single game they are supposed to lose.   They surprise no one... ever.  

The showing they put up against the Cowboys was a surprise. As was the victory against the Lions.

58 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

The showing they put up against the Cowboys was a surprise. As was the victory against the Lions.

Surprise means win.   Our defense was putrid in the Cowboys game.   And the Lions have proven they aren't that good so not sure that is a big win in hindsight.  

Sounds like Pete is pretty pissed today... way more than usual.  He was testy in his post game conference and on 710 this morning with Mike Salk and calling out players.    I like a pissed off Pete.   This team is a total mess.  

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

They just spent all of last season following Mahomes, Cousins, and Mariota around and spent time with each of them at home.   Mariota disappeared after he got cut by Falcons.   Cousins is exactly what you see... a corny but genuine guy.   And Mahomes is just annoying and full of himself.

Yeah I'll second this. Mahomes and his wife are both beyond annoying and full of themselves. They are so over the top it's completely ridiculous. 

Cousins is awesome, they should do a whole season on him. 

Mariota doesn't have much passion for football, that was apparent and also explains why he's been such a disappointment in the NFL. Cousins makes up for his lack of physical tools by being incredibly serious, cerebral, and working very hard. I will say Mahomes does work very hard. His trainer cracked me up, talk about being overly serious. 

One more note on Mariota, if you go back and watch him at Oregon and compare it to his NFL film, something happened to his mechanics, he developed a major hitch in his throwing motion which I always felt limited him in the NFL. 

Edited by SilverFallsAndrew
  • Like 3

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Two MNF games tonight... one on ABC and one on ESPN.

I sort of wish they would spread it out even more and give us a Tuesday game.   It would be nice to have football on as many days as possible.   But that is problematic for the NFL and scheduling and rest days.  

• Like 1

Titans playing the Dolphins tough.   That looks like a team that could easily beat our unmotivated and always unprepared Seahawks on Christmas Eve day in Nashville.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Titans playing the Dolphins tough.   That looks like a team that could easily beat our unmotivated and always unprepared Seahawks on Christmas Eve day in Nashville.  

Heard Joe Flacco is back on the practice squad of the Browns, perhaps we could pick him up somehow. Wouldn’t help our defense though unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, MossMan said:

IMG_1046.jpeg

Sending you best wishes for his health and recovery!  Glad to hear he is improving!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Heard Joe Flacco is back on the practice squad of the Browns, perhaps we could pick him up somehow. Wouldn’t help our defense though unfortunately. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39086665/browns-qb-joe-flacco-named-starter-remainder-season

Decent chance that Joe Flacco will be starting a playoff game in 2024. Weird timeline.

• Like 1
  • scream 1

The Jordan Love praise might have been premature.   The Packers offense looks like the Seahawks offense tonight.   Mistake prone and just a mess.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Yeah I'll second this. Mahomes and his wife are both beyond annoying and full of themselves. They are so over the top it's completely ridiculous. 

Cousins is awesome, they should do a whole season on him. 

Mariota doesn't have much passion for football, that was apparent and also explains why he's been such a disappointment in the NFL. Cousins makes up for his lack of physical tools by being incredibly serious, cerebral, and working very hard. I will say Mahomes does work very hard. His trainer cracked me up, talk about being overly serious. 

One more note on Mariota, if you go back and watch him at Oregon and compare it to his NFL film, something happened to his mechanics, he developed a major hitch in his throwing motion which I always felt limited him in the NFL. 

He's not a runner, but other than that Cousins has all the physical tools needed to be a good NFL QB.

• Like 2

And how the hell do the Giants stumble into a QB named Tommy DeVito and suddenly run off 3 wins in a row?    All the Seahawks have is timid mediocrity and the offense usually gets worse as the game goes on.   No killer instinct.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Titans are no longer a pushover team.  Incredible comeback to beat the Dolphins.   They look much better with a rookie QB starting.   They should easily beat the Seahawks.   Of course.  

• Popcorn 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, MossMan said:

He's been named their starter for the rest of the season. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, BLI snowman said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39086665/browns-qb-joe-flacco-named-starter-remainder-season

Decent chance that Joe Flacco will be starting a playoff game in 2024. Weird timeline.

Don't forget RUSS.

• scream 1
  • bongocat-test 1

Both BJ Shay and Danny Bonaduce’s last day on their Seattle radio stations is Friday! Never really listened to Bonaduce much but I tuned into BJ all the time from his early days on The Buzz in the late 90’s or early 2000’s and then when he switched to KISW in 2006 until now. Over the last 10yrs I have listened more to Brock and Salk than BJ but would still tune into BJ once in a while.  
I wonder if BJ will be moving over to KZOK since he said he’s not retiring…

I sure wish Bob Rivers was still on the radio as well. 

Edited by MossMan

Looks like DOBBS has been benched in Minnesota. Let's go back to @TT-SEA freezing cold take on DOBBS. JK JK JK 

33 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Looks like DOBBS has been benched in Minnesota. Let's go back to @TT-SEA freezing cold take on DOBBS. JK JK JK 

He was benched during the last game.   Old news.   I already said the rocket crashed back to Earth when you mention him last time.   He really fell apart fast.    Now we watch the meteoric rise of Jake Browning and Will Levis and Tommy DeVito.    Tommy who???   All these teams stumbling a*s backwards into exciting QBs.   

• Excited 1

4 hours ago, MossMan said:

Both BJ Shay and Danny Bonaduce’s last day on their Seattle radio stations is Friday! Never really listened to Bonaduce much but I tuned into BJ all the time from his early days on The Buzz in the late 90’s or early 2000’s and then when he switched to KISW in 2006 until now. Over the last 10yrs I have listened more to Brock and Salk than BJ but would still tune into BJ once in a while.  
I wonder if BJ will be moving over to KZOK since he said he’s not retiring…

I sure wish Bob Rivers was still on the radio as well. 

Fun fact... Bob Rivers was our neighbor here and he was on the HOA board that approved new construction design.    He approved our second garage.    He was planning to move to Vermont at that time but just read that he lives in Vegas now. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Fun fact... Bob Rivers was our neighbor here and he was on the HOA board that approved new construction design.    He approved our second garage.    He was planning to move to Vermont at that time but just read that he lives in Vegas now. 

That’s awesome! Yeah I had heard that he moved to Vegas, not sure why anyone would want to move from such a lovely area as North Bend to Vegas. 🤢

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MossMan said:

That’s awesome! Yeah I had heard that he moved to Vegas, not sure why anyone would want to move from such a lovely area as North Bend to Vegas. 🤢

I am sure it was for entertainment industry work.   He said he loved North Bend.

• Like 1