2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Trump will be so isolated from Americans that he will eventually have a break down. Nothing but bad news and ridicule on TV; a medium Trump watches closely. Now Harley-Davidson asked Trump to stay home instead of visiting their factory in Milwaukee this week due to the risk of a huge demonstration and bad PR for the company.

https://boingboing.net/2017/01/31/poison-president-harley-david.html

I can't believe Breitbart has actually started a college grant program that is only open to white males. They are obviously doing this to mercilessly tweak the liberals, but talk about taking a risk.

Their reasoning is that recent studies have found white boys are among the most poorly educated people in the country now due to so much attention being paid to girls / women, minorities, etc. I wouldn't doubt if that's true now. Maybe affirmative action has gone too far.

I highly doubt that.

Let's see that study.

A forum for the end of the world.

I highly doubt that.

Let's see that study.

I have heard of cases where white males with 4.0 averages have been unable to get into colleges simply because they are white males. I hate how the liberals claim to be color blind and yet this type of thing shows they obviously aren't.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Milo has always been on the radical side of Breitbart, and that's saying something. Most writers/editors on that site at least have common sense.

Regardless, it certainly doesn't help their already tarnished image.

I get they are mostly doing to it to illustrate how unfair affirmative action is and to outrage the liberals, but it might not be a good idea.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I just found a study done in the UK that shows poor white boys in particular are falling behind most other groups. The poor is probably the key factor there.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Its called xenophobia.

You must admit though, this is no different than offering scholarships to just blacks or just women which does happen. The double standard is kind of puzzling.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I just found a study done in the UK that shows poor white boys in particular are falling behind most other groups. The poor is probably the key factor there.

Poverty is definitely the main factor. And the reality is that higher percentages of black and Hispanic kids are still growing up impoverished in this nation than white kids.

You must admit though, this is no different than offering scholarships to just blacks or just women which does happen. The double standard is kind of puzzling.

Not getting into this again.

My parents grew up in a time of overt racism... my generation was the first one to grow up after the civil rights movement and my kids are still young. The world does not change overnight. As a society we are still trying to right the wrongs of the generations before us. It might not always seem fair in the moment but it makes more sense in the big picture considering our history in this country.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I have heard of cases where white males with 4.0 averages have been unable to get into colleges simply because they are white males. I hate how the liberals claim to be color blind and yet this type of thing shows they obviously aren't.

I highly doubt that a white male with a 4.0 average would be unable to get into anything but a very highly selective college. I'm a white male and only had a 3.5 but got into UW and WWU. 

It's not as hard to get a 4.0 as it used to be and more people are applying to colleges, so even if someone has a 4.0 and is applying to say, Harvard, there's a good chance they won't get in just because there are so many applicants and because when there are so many 4.0 applicants other things like extracurriculars and application essays come into play.

Poverty is definitely the main factor. And the reality is that higher percentages of black and Hispanic kids are still growing up impoverished in this nation than white kids.

That's true. Some of the worst off places in the country are rural counties in Appalachia that are mostly white...and some of the worst off places in the country are inner cities or counties in the deep South that are mostly black. But on average, if you're white you live longer, have more money, and get a better education. The country is a kaleidoscope of many different groups, even within races, but there is definitely a background effect that race has on people's well-being.

You heard? From where? And are you seriously going shape a world view based on what are likely some isolated cases you "heard" about? Seems really ignorant.

You heard? From where? And are you seriously going shape a world view based on what are likely some isolated cases you "heard" about? Seems really ignorant.

He does that all the time.   Impossible to reason with this logic... he will always find someone doing something he hates.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Or tiring of protester drama.    

Protesting can form consensus. Civil rights has always meant confrontation. Nixon left the White House one night and spoke with war protestors ; he ended the Vietnam War. Trump desperately needs to be calming the crowds; more Kelly Anne, less Bannon.

That's the thing - the current state is beyond being able to be helped by anything Trump says or does. He could come out and say, "I give up! No muslim ban, no crackdown on illegal immigration, no anything!" and they would still believe he is a reincarnation of Hitler. It's up to the Democratic party leaders to say, "Enough for a while. Let us try to handle things in Congress."

Yet you don't criticize Republican dissenters in the Senate?  

These people aren't protesters. They're being paid by George Soros. I mean, look at the people protesting last night at the Supreme Court. They were all holding signs saying "say no to Neil Gorsuch" literally 5-10 mins after it was announced. Holding the SAME exact sign...

These people aren't protesters. They're being paid by George Soros. I mean, look at the people protesting last night at the Supreme Court. They were all holding signs saying "say no to Neil Gorsuch" literally 5-10 mins after it was announced. Holding the SAME exact sign...

Who paid for Tea Party protests?

Never felt strongly enough to walk the streets protesting something... and in Seattle protests usually attract anarchists and they are straight up insane and dangerous.

Never felt strongly enough to walk the streets protesting something... and in Seattle protests usually attract anarchists and they are straight up insane and dangerous.

I have to admit to only participating in a few demonstrations but now light rail is so extensive that it is easy getting downtown. A gratifying glimpse into the future. Is there public transportation/ rail available to your area?   

1. He doesn't have to apologize for anything. Neither Justin or myself were asking him to. No one said he was wrong for feeling the way he does.

2. He wasn't "raked over the coals". Justin and I thought it was kind of curious how he presented Pence's statement, as if it was something shocking, but we weren't demanding he stop or whatever.

3. The more absurd statements by Snow Wiz, Phil, and Andrew absolutely led to them getting raked over the coals by multiple posters, myself included on some occasions.

Enough with the pity games and playing the victim.

You're a Trump supporter.

• Like 1

BTW

Have you ever participated in a protest march?

The majority of "protest marches" today are bulls**t.

• Like 1

I have to admit to only participating in a few demonstrations but now light rail is so extensive that it is easy getting downtown. A gratifying glimpse into the future. Is there public transportation/ rail available to your area?   

There is light rail if you want to go from the airport to downtown Seattle!   I have never done that in my life.

We live 30 miles east of downtown Seattle... there is no public transportation out here except for the bus.

There is light rail if you want to go from the airport to downtown Seattle! I have never done that in my life.

We live 30 miles east of downtown Seattle... there is no public transportation out here except for the bus.

The Statue of Liberty cries every time it thinks about North Bend's lack of transportation diversity.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

The majority of "protest marches" today are bulls**t.

The first demonstration I participated in was in response to some Republican legislators suggesting that all homosexual teachers should be investigated. You know the usual Republican geniuses your party is known for.

I don't like Trump's SCOTUS pick, I would like to have seen a more moderate candidate who's down the middle on issues. The one good thing I like about Gorsuch is that he's against assisted suicide. I hate that Oregon allows it and I hope he can reverse it. He wrote a book on it called "The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia" and came here to Oregon to study our law. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/01/neil_gorsuch_cited_oregon_law_in_his_assisted_suicide_book.html

f3e7e3bf2f29b1e9cdb92d7e39e709f1.jpg

I don't like Trump's SCOTUS pick, I would like to have seen a more moderate candidate who's down the middle on issues. The one good thing I like about Gorsuch is that he's against assisted suicide. I hate that Oregon allows it and I hope he can reverse it. He wrote a book on it called "The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia" and came here to Oregon to study our law. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/01/neil_gorsuch_cited_oregon_law_in_his_assisted_suicide_book.html

I love the idea of assisted suicide. Why do you dislike it?

Great story out of Texas... 

They have an annual event called Texas Muslim Capitol Day where kids of Muslim faith learn about the government.  

In previous events... they had hundreds of protesters screaming at the kids that Muhammad is dead and to go back to the Middle East.  They even took over the podium from their speaker in 2015... screaming about Islam.    

Downright scary nationalist hatred in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpuhYSyb8yY

Yesterday for the 2017 event there were 2,000+ people who showed up to form a human chain around the capitol to protect the Muslim students and their event.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLSXytPDhXk

That is unity... love it.   I guess Trump was the cause but not in the way you would expect or he would want.    :)

It's interesting that you can find so many examples of the right saying ridiculous things about Obama's executive overreach. Very similar to some of the things the left are saying about Trump recently, yet right-wingers and their apologists now act like it's completely unheard of and uncalled for.

And suddenly all of the protesters are now disruptive idiots, while in the case of the tea party and other anti-Obama movements they were freedom fighters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/01/25/obama-immigration-and-10-words-in-the-constitution-that-mean-mr-president-dont-be-a-king/?utm_term=.359539d2b8c0

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4610057025001/?#sp=show-clips

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/boehner-obama-is-acting-like-a-king/

http://thehill.com/video/senate/277299-rand-paul-obama-acting-like-a-king-or-a-monarch-on-guns

For the record, I think both assertions are extreme. But how quickly we forget...

• Like 1

The kind that didn't vote for him and has criticized him many times on this forum?

I'm not sure why it's so hard for some here to differentiate between the party shills and those of us arguing for reason and logic.

Definitely two of Trump's strong suits.

Great story out of Texas... 

They have an annual event called Texas Muslim Capitol Day where kids of Muslim faith learn about the government.  

In previous events... they had hundreds of protesters screaming at the kids that Muhammad is dead and to go back to the Middle East.  They even took over the podium from their speaker in 2015... screaming about Islam.    

Downright scary nationalist hatred in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpuhYSyb8yY

Yesterday for the 2017 event there were 2,000+ people who showed up to form a human chain around the capitol to protect the Muslim students and their event.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLSXytPDhXk

That is unity... love it.   I guess Trump was the cause but not in the way you would expect or he would want.    :)

They built a wall! 

But do you seriously think Trump would prefer those kids were unprotected? Cuz he hatez all muslim peoples?

Certainly not.

Also not the media's strong suit. Or many of his diehard supporters, and many of his diehard haters.

Good thing you have managed to find the perfect balance. You need to write a manifesto to the rest of the country telling us all how you did it and what this new enlightened way of thinking fully entails.

• Like 1