2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

You just said that he had contact with the Russians. Why say that if you don't have proof?

We are free to speculate... particularly in what is becoming a sea of details that all point in that direction.    Its falling apart for the administration.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

You were not speculating. You said trump had contact with the Russians with nothing to back it up

Many people are saying that.   There is plenty to support the theory.    Trump has earned no respect.   He lies and childishly attacks people on a daily basis.   You reap what you sow.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

snow_wizard, on 14 Feb 2017 - 7:29 PM, said:

I am personally going to go out and get 100 apathetic Republican's to go out and vote in the 2018 elections. Let's see if we can get a super majority in the Senate! I have reached my breaking point with this insane protesting, insane political correctness, insane fear mongering, insane whacked out one sided media, insane idiots who want men to be able to go into women's restrooms, etc, etc.

I love it that a macho sport like the NFL is warning Texas to keep bible-belt out of personal privacies. North Carolina has paid a pretty price for their ignorance.  

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Do you think Putin will be going to The Miss Universe Pageant in November in Moscow - if so, will he become my new best friend?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/347191326112112640

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I just got back from Russia-learned lots & lots. Moscow is a very interesting and amazing place! U.S. MUST BE VERY SMART AND VERY STRATEGIC.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/399729261684490240

f3e7e3bf2f29b1e9cdb92d7e39e709f1.jpg

Spicer says they learned about the transcripts 17 days ago and took until now to determine if there was a legal issue... then 2 minutes later he says they were almost immediately able to determine there was no legal issue when asked another question.  The 17 days is a joke.   Trump did not act until Flynn got caught and it was made public.   

Reality I am sure is that Trump knew all along and instructed Flynn.   That will be eventually proven.   

I envision Trump going all Jack Nicholson on us at some point... YOU WANT THE TRUTH?  YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!   :lol:

Trump will probably defiantly and proudly admit to everything.   

Either way... the sharks are circling the tank.   This WH is far too leaky... there is much more coming.    And Trump/Pence will resign and Paul Ryan will be sworn in... you heard it here first!  

You have a healthy imagination.

Not saying you will be proven totally wrong - but you are definitely letting your imagination lead the way.

A forum for the end of the world.

You have a healthy imagination.

Not saying you will be proven totally wrong - but you are definitely letting your imagination lead the way.

Yeah... Trump seems so normal.   

If this was just a movie... people would say the plot was not realistic and too far-fetched.  :)

And there will be many movies made about this.  

CNN has officially lost it.

I see, "BREAKING NEWS: Advisors had constant contact with Russia during campaign!!" Read the article and didn't see any mention of which advisors, didn't mention how much contact or dates it occurred, didn't mention with who in the Russian government, etc.

So naturally, I go to a few other sites and see how far they are off. No other major media outlet has anything on that topic. All top stories are about Flynn resignation and WH knowledge on the matter. That's odd.

Go back to CNN and they updated their story to include who the advisors were... Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort. Which planet has CNN been on? Paul Manafort stepped down to those accusations last Summer (which they fail to mention) and Flynn, well that's obviously worked itself out. How in the hell is this breaking news? It's not. It's fear mongering. It's using the current situation to create, literally, fake news. Incredible.

Leaks.   It will be meaningful.    I think intelligence people already know where this is going and they are leaking.    

One of the channels did a nice montage of Trump screaming how much he loves leaks and wiki-leaks on numerous occasions during the campaign juxtaposed against his tweet this morning lamenting leaks.    

This stuff rights itself.   :lol:

Jim... you should focus your anger on Trump's behavior and not the left.   

Trump himself is going to get in the way of your dream president.    That has to really suck.   

After the election... I was totally open to giving Trump a chance.    But man he makes it hard to cheer for him.  

The problem is you jump from this to "he's guilty of treason, I JUST KNOW IT. Because he's not a good person."

Whether you admit it or not, you're making a huge leap not backed by actual evidence.

The problem is you jump from this to "he's guilty of treason, I JUST KNOW IT. Because he's not a good person."

Whether you admit it or not, you're making a huge leap not back by actual evidence.

Of course.  I am not alone.    

US intelligence is saying they have proof that Trump campaign officials were 'constant contact' with the Russians during the campaign.   They had the Russian agents wire tapped.   Ooooops.

Pretty stupid of them to wait until now to act on this? 

Give a little critical thought to what you're saying. It's possible you end up being "right", but certainly not for use of actual logic and reason.

Then you cannot possibly be wrong.

Of course I can be wrong... there is no predicting Trump.   

Its a never-ending reality show... total chaos.   

Tim is going to be really disappointed when Trump is still president in January 2021.

If that is true... then we all are winning.   So much winning.  We will win and win and win.   

Sometimes Trump sounds like Charlie Sheen.    :lol:

Seriously though... if Trump is actually re-elected then I am would probably be one of the people who voted for him in 2020.  

So again...why would US intelligence wait until now to act if they had info on Trump collaborating with Russia?

Seems downright idiotic.

Don't know.

Are you making a judgement on something you do not fully understand or have all the pertinent facts?   You seem to be speculating,   Where is your proof?    ;)

Don't know.

Are you making a judgement on something you do not fully understand or have all the pertinent facts?   You seem to be speculating,   Where is your proof that it was idiotic?     ;)

It would make no sense. That isn't speculation.

Actually, if true it would make U.S. intelligence traitors, for knowingly allowing someone guilty of foreign collusion to become president. So what exactly are you insinuating?

CNN has officially lost it.

I see, "BREAKING NEWS: Advisors had constant contact with Russia during campaign!!" Read the article and didn't see any mention of which advisors, didn't mention how much contact or dates it occurred, didn't mention with who in the Russian government, etc.

So naturally, I go to a few other sites and see how far they are off. No other major media outlet has anything on that topic. All top stories are about Flynn resignation and WH knowledge on the matter. That's odd.

Go back to CNN and they updated their story to include who the advisors were... Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort. Which planet has CNN been on? Paul Manafort stepped down to those accusations last Summer (which they fail to mention) and Flynn, well that's obviously worked itself out. How in the hell is this breaking news? It's not. It's fear mongering. It's using the current situation to create, literally, fake news. Incredible.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html

"The call logs and intercepted communications are part of a larger trove of information that the F.B.I. is sifting through as it investigates the links between Mr. Trump’s associates and the Russian government, as well as the hacking of the D.N.C., according to federal law enforcement officials. As part of its inquiry, the F.B.I. has obtained banking and travel records and conducted interviews, the officials said."

I feel like if the F.B.I. is looking closely at the links between Trump and Russia, maybe something is up? Or is this fake news too and the F.B.I. is doing nothing of the sort? :P

It would make no sense. That isn't speculation.

Actually, if true it would make U.S. intelligence traitors, for knowingly allowing someone guilty of foreign collusion to become president. So what exactly are you insinuating?

Yes... the intelligence people and Trump and his team would all be guilty of treason.  

Am I leaking the details?    

Why are you acting like I am the only person in the country talking about this??    :lol:

Critical thinking right?   I should be smarter than former government officials and generals and campaign managers all speculating on the cable channels.   Many who are not even on the left.    Amazing.    

Ok...so you're accusing not just the Trump administration, but the CIA of treason. Got it.

Playing out your scenario.   But you don't know all of the details and neither do I.  

But something stinks and this is not going away.  

Seeing some of these people testifying should be fun to watch.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html

"The call logs and intercepted communications are part of a larger trove of information that the F.B.I. is sifting through as it investigates the links between Mr. Trump’s associates and the Russian government, as well as the hacking of the D.N.C., according to federal law enforcement officials. As part of its inquiry, the F.B.I. has obtained banking and travel records and conducted interviews, the officials said."

I feel like if the F.B.I. is looking closely at the links between Trump and Russia, maybe something is up? Or is this fake news too and the F.B.I. is doing nothing of the sort? :P

The CIA and FBI already completed investigations of this back in December. At least that's what those organizations both reported then.

Did they both just **** up and miss the obvious?

Playing out your scenario.   But you don't know all of the details and neither do I.  

No, it's your scenario. You insinuated that U.S. intelligence had the Russians in contact with Trump people bugged. OOPS.

Except that would mean they had info on collusion a long time ago and withheld it. That's a pretty serious and nonsensical accusation.

Jared says its all fake and being perpetuated by a person with no political experience in North Bend WA.    :lol:

I did not say anything about the investigation was fake news. I said that specific article regarding Manafort and Flynn, what CNN is currently heavily pushing, is fake news.

That being said, the FBI looks at a lot of things and I would be more worried if they didn't look at Trump/Russia connections. Doesn't mean Trump is guilty before they even find evidence. From my understanding, they've been looking at it for a while and still haven't found anything.

That's fair. I'm not assuming anything yet about this although I do have a feeling. I'm glad to be updated on the investigation's progress, and I think the NYT article seems fairly well balanced in comparison to the CNN one.

No, it's your scenario. You insinuated that U.S. intelligence had the Russians in contact with Trump people bugged. OOPS.

Except that would mean they had info on collusion a long time ago and withheld it. That's a pretty serious and nonsensical accusation.

We will see.    Never-ending reality show!  

I did not say anything about the investigation was fake news. I said that specific article regarding Manafort and Flynn, what CNN is currently heavily pushing, is fake news.

That being said, the FBI looks at a lot of things and I would be more worried if they didn't look at Trump/Russia connections. Doesn't mean Trump is guilty before they even find evidence. From my understanding, they've been looking at it for a while and still haven't found anything.

They looked at HRC and found nothing.    At the worst possible time for her.   Just a little more doubt to push all those people who disliked both candidates a bit more towards Trump.    

But you continue to howl at how horrifically criminal she is but not Trump... bias.   :lol:

BLI snowman, on 14 Feb 2017 - 9:41 PM, said:

Tim is going to be really disappointed when Trump is still president in January 2021.

This scandal could very well lead to Trump being impeached this year. I don't think you understand the gravity of what's happening.

This scandal could very well lead to Trump being impeached this year. I don't think you understand the gravity of what's happening.

If the rampant speculation that Tim is gleefully trumpeting as inevitable fact turns out to be correct, than yes...Trump would be impeached or forced to resign.

But true facts and actual evidence do matter, no matter how disgraceful or disrespectful a person is. Tim seems to believe that because Trump is not a good person, he MUST be guilty of this particular crime. That's foolish and completely illogical. And not the American way. 

Jumping to assumptions always makes asses of somebody.