February 23rd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Tom

Comparing mesoanalysis to the RAP and HRRR, the pressure fields look pretty good, but they both have the low a little further northeast than observed on the SPC site, so maybe they have it moving a bit faster than realized. At any rate, something I have noticed is the trend to have a decent snowband of near 6" totals from the west of Omaha back to southwest to southcentral Nebraska. This goes west of Lincoln too.

19ZHRRR has 3-5" across Omaha, but a narrow tongue of 6-7" in the central part of Douglas county.

19ZRAP.png

19ZHRRR.png

• Like 1

RGEM nails Lincoln and Omaha again. Over 6" in the city for both. This is going to be close-- one of the hardest things to predict is when the changeover occurs. If this happens earlier than anticipated we can definitely crank out some solid amounts down here.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/rgem/2017022318/rgem_asnow_ncus_11.png

Hail covering the ground turning it white in Southwest Omaha, pretty good thunderstorm just moved through.

Temperature dropped from near 40 to 35 in the last hour with the storm passing through.

Same thing happened here in Lincoln. It's really chilly out now. I

The Rapid Refresh models are hit and miss right now for Omaha and Lincoln. I really don't know what to expect at this point. As much as I don't want to side with the NWS, I think 1-3" is safe right now, unless the transition happens quicker.