June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Many runs seem to want to retrograde that area of central US heat back over us toward mid-month. Seems like a reasonable progression.

Maybe a week of near average to start July before we start roasting to offset it.

Doesn't look to torch here like it was in May. At least yet...

And I thought the BBV sticking around through the summer was key to the regime change you've been talking about?

Yeah, you guys are the exception. A summer season Baffin Vortex doesn’t have to torch the country..that’s a result of other factors.

It would indeed be preferable to see the vortex maintain into August/September just because it would indicate a cessation of the +AMM/poleward WHEM ITCZ regime of the last 20yrs, but the side-effects of that would suck for my region. ;)

• Like 1

Many runs seem to want to retrograde that area of central US heat back over us toward mid-month. Seems like a reasonable progression.

Maybe a week of near average to start July before we start roasting to offset it.

If you guys end up torching, it won’t be a result of a retrograding death ridge. It would be a result of a retrograding Aleutian anticyclone above a cyclonic rossby wave break.

The death ridge would weaken/dissipate in that case, then be replaced with a closed western ridge, rather than retrograde over you guys. But it would be an incredible feat to pull something like that off right now.

• Like 1

The Baffin Bay/Greenland vortex looks like it won't ever go away.

It’s essentially unprecedented at this point.

There are locations up there which haven't seen a single above average day since March.

Look what it’s doing to the SSTAs up there. That small pocket of red around the Hudson Bay is a meltwater pockets..false positives. It’s all just a sea is blue.

Only 2C at 55N off Newfoundland. There are icebergs floating around all over the place.

cdas-sflux_ssta_global_1.png

Up to 60 degrees on the day! Still raining! I don’t care what map FlatironRangers post...it’s been wet and cool for far too long now!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Sunshine kills more people than cloud cover.

#facts

Food for thought- I wonder how many people die each year around the world in chain reaction car pile ups caused by low visibility (fog)....

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Food for thought- I wonder how many people die each year around the world in chain reaction car pile ups caused by low visibility (fog)....

More compelling evidence that condensed water suspended in the atmosphere is immoral.

A trace of precip today at SEA.

They don't call it "Rain City" for nothing.

And of course SEA will get nothing so Jared can say it was a dry day for all of us.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

C-zone firing up! Going to be a wet night and well into tomorrow.

Suck on that you drought people! We have more rain than we need but that is how we roll. ;)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Side note... I am actually happy about the rain. Assuming the models are correct of course.

Should be a wet night for Snohomish and King County except for the the SW corner including SEA which will get nothing as is almost always the case in c-zones.

He should consider how we've acted with all the sun lately. All we've said is how beautiful it is despite needing rain.

We are just jealous. I don't mind some summer rain... but 5 or 6 days straight with solid clouds in the middle of summer and during the longest days just pisses me off. Not even afternoon sun breaks.

I suspect we are about to be rewarded. Which is what I said in mid-April too. ;)

Our rewards usually involve the entire region so buckle up!

Edited by TT-SEA

We are just jealous. I don't mind some summer rain... but 5 or 6 days straight with solid clouds in the middle of summer and during the longest days just pisses me off. Not even afternoon sun breaks.

I suspect we are about to be rewarded. Which is what I said in mid-April too. ;)

Our rewards involve the entire region usually so buckle up!

Thermal inertia... when do we typically get big snowstorms? Before or after the winter solstice?