June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

GFS finally kicks the low out of here allowing for a nice warm up by day 10, and hot into the clown range.  Next weekend still looked pretty decent despite the pesky low... 

12Z GFS is warm for us starting Friday.     Not saying it will be right since that ULL could end up farther north and west... but if the 12Z GFS verifies exactly then it would be very summery for us next weekend.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Nobody worries about windstorms or floods causing mass destruction... those are cheered on!

Like the destruction caused by the October 2003 flood or the December 2006 windstorm.

Its all selective on here... and we don't control any of it.

Your selective downplaying is a little more ironic than most, though, since you tend to lose your if there is water falling from the sky for more than a day or two.

Millions of acres of dying forest from beetle kill are no big deal and all part of the bigger picture though. Maybe try taking that big picture stance in relation to your own experience first, and go from there. ;)

Exactly. This is why the American Chestnut is as widespread and vigorous as it's ever been. You clearly have a great grasp of how evolution actually works.

I understand it very well.   Sometimes evolution dictates that an entire species is wiped out.     The universe is a cruel place.    This has been happening on an much more extreme scale for billions of years on Earth.     

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Your selective downplaying is a little more ironic than most, though, since you tend to lose your s**t if there is water falling from the sky for more than a day or two. Millions of acres of dying forest from beetle kill are no big deal and all part of the bigger picture though. Maybe try taking that big picture stance in relation to your own experience first, and go from there. ;)

Let me know when you figure out how to control the weather.   

I just cheer for some sunny days in a very rainy climate to enjoy my short time here.  

As I said... we are doing just fine up here anyways.      I don't need to cheer for rain... nature does that very well on its own.

Let me know when you figure out how to control the weather.

I just cheer for some sunny days in a very rainy climate to enjoy my short time here.

As I said... we are doing just fine up here anyways. I don't need to cheer for rain... nature does that very well on its own.

You are changing the subject/shifting the argument like you usually do at this point.

The big question is why someone who loves, needs and craves sun so much would CHOOSE to move to one of the rainiest, cloudiest microclimates in the rainiest, cloudiest region of the lower 48. Then proceed to spend years spamming a weather forum, constantly chastising locals on their love/acceptance/tolerance of the rain around here. That is the real brain bender.

• Like 2

You are changing the subject/shifting the argument like you usually do at this point.

BS.

You are the one who changed the argument to me cheering for sunny days in our wet climate.     I will always do that.    

I understand it very well.   Sometimes evolution dictates that an entire species is wiped out.     The universe is a cruel place.    This has been happening on an much more extreme scale for billions of years on Earth.

Weren't you complaining about billboards being put up on some corridor in your area because it blocks scenery?

The big question is why someone who loves, needs and craves sun so much would CHOOSE to move to one of the rainiest, cloudiest microclimates in the rainiest, cloudiest region of the lower 48. Then proceed to spend years spamming a weather forum, constantly chastising locals on their love/acceptance/tolerance of the rain around here. That is the real brain bender.

I am not telling anyone that they can't enjoy the rain.    But I am constantly scolded by you for cheering for warm, dry weather as some variety from our normal weather here.  

BS.

You are the one who changed the argument to me cheering for sunny days in our wet climate. I will always do that.

That is not all you are doing. You are also on a constant crusade to warp reality/rewrite history that gets very tiresome.

• Like 1

Weren't you complaining about billboards being put up on some corridor in your area because it blocks scenery?

:lol:

No.

I said there are no billboards allowed across the entire span of the Mountains-To-Sound Greenway from Bellevue eastward to almost Ellensburg.   I love that.  

We have amazing scenery here.    And it looks very healthy.    No water issues here at all.  

:lol:

No.

I said there are no billboards allowed across the entire span of the Mountains-To-Sound Greenway from Bellevue eastward to almost Ellensburg.   I love that.  

We have amazing scenery here.    And it looks very healthy.    No water issues here at all.

If that scenery were to...eh... evolve into billboards, would you be kinda angry?
  • Like 1

That is not all you are doing. You are also on a constant crusade to warp reality/rewrite history that gets very tiresome.

You use me as a punching bag to take out your anxiety and frustration with nature.     Its gets very tiresome... but I am used to it.   :lol:

If that scenery were to...eh... evolve into billboards, would you be kinda angry?

That is completely controlled by humans.     And yes... I would not be alone in being angry about that.  

You use me as a punching bag to take out your anxiety and frustration with nature. Its gets very tiresome... but I am used to it. :lol:

You are deflecting right now. Nothing I have said is inaccurate and I am not attacking you personally.

You are deflecting right now. Nothing I have said is inaccurate and I am not attacking you personally.

Nothing I have said is inaccurate either.    And you really are turning this into a personal attack.   As usual.  

You can't change the weather... but you can feel a little better by attacking someone who is not extremely concerned about climate change and cheers for warm, dry weather here for some variety.   :rolleyes:

That is completely controlled by humans.     And yes... I would not be alone in being angry about that.

As the human population continues to grow and more and more people move to the Northwest, your gorgeous area will someday be a sea of homes, roads, and billboards.

Live view from our window here... a fog shrouded Rattlesnake Ridge and healthy forest. I swear those trees behind our shed grow 2 or 3 feet per year.

20180608_204626.jpg

That weather looks amazing. :wub:

As the human population continues to grow and more and more people move to the Northwest, your gorgeous area will someday be a sea of homes, roads, and billboards.

Just chill brah, it’s all evolution until it directly affects me, man. Then it’s the END OF THE WORLD!!

GFS keeps a stupid cut off low over us next weekend, keeping the ridge offshore. What is it with these things? Why won't it just move off to the east?

Jealous. Hoping for some cool/misty weather when I’m there 5 weeks from now.

Not too likely... geography works in our favor.

And the Mountains-to-Sound Greenway is a 200-year private trust foundation.

Nothing I have said is inaccurate either. And you really are turning this into a personal attack. As usual.

You can't change the weather... but you can feel a little better by attacking someone who is not extremely concerned about climate change and cheers for warm, dry weather here for some variety. :rolleyes:

See, that’s what I really respect about Tim, he never plays the victim.

Ultimately yes... that is how nature works.

Its been happening for billions of years and will continue for billions of years into the future.

The Darwinism you're referring to takes hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of years to occur.

In the short span of a human lifetime, heat/drought will indeed weaken trees, and it’s not “good” for them. As their genetics evolve over long, long periods of time, that’s where you find natural selection/Darwinism at work.

It’s a bit different with wind, since new growth is flexible and tends to conform to mechanical stresses. That is actually an example of Darwinism/natural selection, as trees have been dealing with high winds for eons, and those that respond best to wind will remain standing and procreate into the voids left by fallen trees.

• Like 1

This all started because some of us up here are not worried enough about some fir trees struggling in Eugene. Not that it matters what we are worried about anyways. Nature does not care.

Jealous. Hoping for some cool/misty weather when I’m there 5 weeks from now.

History doesn't favor weather of that sort in July, but who knows?  Go to a coastal location and you'll be more likely to see some of that.

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

This all started because some of us up here are not worried enough about some fir trees struggling in Eugene. Not that it matters what we are worried about anyways. Nature does not care.

I thought it started with me viciously making attacks on you? ;)

I thought was a somewhat interesting philosophical debate we were having.

I thought it started with me viciously making attacks on you? ;)

I thought was a somewhat interesting philosophical debate we were having.

You did indeed turn it into a personal discussion. Read above.

The Darwinism you're referring to takes hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of years to occur.

In the short span of a human lifetime, heat/drought will indeed weaken trees, and it’s not “good” for them. As their genetics evolve over long, long periods of time, that’s where you find natural selection/Darwinism at work.

It’s a bit different with wind, since new growth is flexible and tends to conform to mechanical stresses. That is actually an example of Darwinism/natural selection, as trees have been dealing with high winds for eons, and those that respond best to wind will remain standing and procreate into the voids left by fallen trees.

It's all Darwinism in action. Our lifetime is just a brief second here.

But let me know when my preferences can change the weather.

It rains a lot here... and it's been very wet for the last 4 years... and I appreciate every sunny day that nature provides. That is all.

Yeah, someone can’t make a simple (and factual) observation about trees dying without it being mocked endlessly.

Goes both ways... we cannot make observations about it being really wet up here for the last 4 years without being mocked.

Goes both ways... we cannot make observations about it being really wet up here for the last 4 years without being mocked.

If supplementing that stat with a little context to put it in perspective is the same as mocking then guilty.

Because it has not been a wet 4 years. It's been selectively wet, and very very warm with unprecedented dry stretches in between.
  • Like 1