June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Received the heaviest rain since April of 0.30" Clouds building up pretty quickly to the W/SW.now.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Not all people.

And 40s and 50s with drizzle all summer is not what most people want and you know it.

Our summers are ideal because the temps are usually in the 70s to low 80s with low humidity and lots of sun.

There would be almost no one living here if our summer average high temp was 50 and it drizzled most of the time. That is Baffin Island and Greenland summer weather.

Lol, no way dude. The summers in Baffin Island and Greenland are usually in the 30s and 40s, and have plenty of snowfall. In fact, summer is the snowiest season of the year across much of those areas.

Highs in the 60s with cool morning mist and afternoon sunshine is considered to be pleasant by the majority of the US population. Certainly much better than 90s and humid with blasting sunshine.

Lol, no way dude. The summers in Baffin Island and Greenland are usually in the 30s and 40s, and have plenty of snowfall. In fact, summer is the snowiest season of the year across much of those areas.

Highs in the 60s with cool morning mist and afternoon sunshine is very enjoyable. Much better than 90s and humid.

Average highs in Clyde River and Upernavik are in the mid to upper 40s with frequent fog and drizzle.

Now we are comparing sunshine and 60s to your furnace? You keep moving the target. 68 and sunny is quite lovely.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

In Everett rightnow with the sun shining, a slight and wonderful breeze, and temps at 62Fº. This is beautiful.

This is terrible weather by Tim/Farmboy/Heatsquall standards. Just awful. The epitome of everything that’s miserable and disgusting in our physical reality. A tragic travesty.

• Like 1

Your summers are perceived as “incredible” by the rest of the country because they’re cool with low humidity.

That’s what people crave in summer.

Maybe you and the people in Arizona, So-Cal, Texas, and along the Gulf Coast. Most of the rest of the country has been locked in winter and now they're craving 80's and 90's...

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

This is terrible weather by Tim/Farmboy/Heatsquall standards. Just awful. The epitome of everything that’s miserable and disgusting in our physical reality. A tragic travesty.

I said today was pretty nice.

Lots of sunshine with a few short downpours. Way better than all day gloom and drizzle.

But I think we will enjoy next weekend even more. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

This discussion has been more about realistic expectations for our climate than opinions.

Eh. I think the two go hand in hand. It's no coincidence that the people with the strongest opinions tend to stretch our climatology the most.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Eh. I think the two go hand in hand. It's no coincidence that the people with the strongest opinions tend to stretch our climatology the most.

My climatology can stretch farther than your dad’s climatology.

As long as we can get some rain thrown in once in awhile, 90s can work.

But you said mid 60s was nightmarish hot just 6 weeks ago. And dewpoints in the mid 40s was soupy and miserable. At least that was the conditions on that pleasant April day. ;)

I enjoyed the downpours today and you are fine with some hot weather in a week... we are making progress!  

But you said mid 60s was nightmarish hot just 6 weeks ago. And dewpoints in the mid 40s was soupy and miserable. At least that was the conditions on that pleasant April day. ;)

I enjoyed the downpours today and you are fine with some hot weather in a week... we are making progress!

I said it was soupy, not any of the other things :)

And yes, progress indeed! Variety is good.

I said it was soupy, not any of the other things :)

And yes, progress indeed! Variety is good.

It was 66 for a high in Portland that day with a dewpoint of 45.    

Today was soupy, warm and humid with filtered sun. No thanks.

Where did I say nightmarish and miserable?

That was later... when describing your run in that hellish weather. ;)

(I am stretching the truth now)

Turned into quite the lovely sunny day after a little left over rain first thing this morning. I will take it!

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

SEA is at .35 for June... but only .28 here.

If it followed May when I had 20 times the amount of rain at SEA... then I would have received 7 inches this month already.