Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

39 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Another mass shooting. Maine this time. At least 22 dead. 😔

As if we aren't dealing with enough s**t at the moment. 

A double one apparently...

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

If we are to restore sanity we must bring back the death penalty. Case in point right here… These… whatever you want to call them, should be publicly executed and their bodies left to rot. 

https://trib.al/D0AhNLE?fbclid=IwAR2FMx8lhXJOF1Ba9ET5PW-YoOq8d0FFv6HRR7agajYZT9Ss00P_sJS3jh4_aem_AWEqgG5I6FJo58QE4qwDOzT4U5t3gzg0XoTtpScu0FixKCS5nffUHsF3nEJcfLOefKo&mibextid=9R9pXO

Edited by SilverFallsAndrew

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

If we are to restore sanctity we must bring back the death penalty. Case in point right here… These… whatever you want to call them, should be publicly executed and their bodies left to rot. 

https://trib.al/D0AhNLE?fbclid=IwAR2FMx8lhXJOF1Ba9ET5PW-YoOq8d0FFv6HRR7agajYZT9Ss00P_sJS3jh4_aem_AWEqgG5I6FJo58QE4qwDOzT4U5t3gzg0XoTtpScu0FixKCS5nffUHsF3nEJcfLOefKo&mibextid=9R9pXO

I figure that link is straight up malware, but I’m guessing it’s people who camp out in the left lane doing three under the speed limit.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

44 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

If we are to restore sanctity we must bring back the death penalty. Case in point right here… These… whatever you want to call them, should be publicly executed and their bodies left to rot. 

I was thinking of posting an article about this heinous crime too, now don't need to. I've seen that horrible maddening video of them hitting the cop several times already.

It's just sick that they could care less.🤮😠 🤬

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1716965823212929199?s=20

Edited by Stormy

Great speech by at Elise Stefanik. Notice how everyone rises and claps to "In God We Trust" except the Democrats!

https://rumble.com/v3rmahg-rep.-elise-stfanik-destroys-democrats-and-joe-biden-in-blistering-nominatio.html

This is what really happened! 

https://rumble.com/v3rlmgg-matt-gaetz-gives-the-dirty-details-behind-the-gopes-attempts-to-derail-mike.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

Great speech by at Elise Stefanik. Notice how everyone rises and claps to "In God We Trust" except the Democrats!

https://rumble.com/v3rmahg-rep.-elise-stfanik-destroys-democrats-and-joe-biden-in-blistering-nominatio.html

This is what really happened! 

https://rumble.com/v3rlmgg-matt-gaetz-gives-the-dirty-details-behind-the-gopes-attempts-to-derail-mike.html

I still remember when Du-💩-is wanted to take "In God we trust" off coins.

8 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

I've heard of quite a few detransitioners sueing doctors and think it will become more common if those sex changes continue. Hopefully that will make this sick procedure more uncommon if they know it could backfire. 

13 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

It seems those Dems under 40 in the House have forgotten lessons of the past.  The big speak from the squad on the steps of Congress yesterday-🤭

edit:  In thinking on this, the right needs a refresher course too.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

19 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Point to a CNN or MSNBC op-ed saying the Hamas attacks on Israel on the 7th must be celebrated.

Well,  I guess we know where THEY stand.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

11 hours ago, Deweydog said:

I figure that link is straight up malware, but I’m guessing it’s people who camp out in the left lane doing three under the speed limit.

No, the link is real

4 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

I'm pro-Russian (i.e. in favor of the Ukraine invasion)?

Goodfellas Laugh Meme Generator - Piñata Farms - The best meme generator  and meme maker for video & image memes

Are you high?

No, I never do that kind of stuff.

It could be how I interpreted the response poorly...

• scream 1

Just now, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Well, at least he has a serious plan for reducing school shootings. /sarc

New Speaker Mike Johnson Blamed School Shootings on the Teaching of Evolution

I mean, the number of mass shootings in schools were much lower when Christian Teachings were there. (Could also be less people had access to firearms)

25 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Alright, I'll summarize:

I am against the invasion of Ukraine.  I think the idea of China invading Russia is crazy.

I mean, during a power struggle, China would do it as they think Russia is fighting themselves and not protecting their own borders.

Just now, Iceresistance said:

I mean, the number of mass shootings in schools were much lower when Christian Teachings were there. (Could also be less people had access to firearms)

I live in a city where a majority of people are irreligious, and we don’t have a problem with school shootings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver#Demographics

It's called clown range for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I live in a city where a majority of people are irreligious, and we don’t have a problem with school shootings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver#Demographics

That is different, maybe because the crime rate is lower?

It's a case-by-case basis

10 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

That is different, maybe because the crime rate is lower?

It's a case-by-case basis

Plenty of Bible Belt states have high violent crime rates. Meanwhile, the famously irreligious Pacific Northwest has lower than average violent crime rates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_violent_crime_rate

If there is a causal relation between religiosity and crime, it seems to go exactly opposite the way you think it does!

Just now, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Plenty of Bible Belt states have high violent crime rates. Meanwhile, the famously irreligious Pacific Northwest has lower than average violent crime rates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_violent_crime_rate

If there is a causal relation between religiosity and crime, it seems to go exactly opposite the way you think it does!

Sometimes Religion has been used as a weapon or a justification for nasty crimes.

In Schools? That was different, school mass shootings when religion was more common was schools was generally lower compared to now.

2 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Sometimes Religion has been used as a weapon or a justification for nasty crimes.

In Schools? That was different, school mass shootings when religion was more common was schools was generally lower compared to now.

Fewer school shootings in Canada than in the USA, and Canada is less religious.

Japan is less religious yet, and school shootings are unknown there.

26 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Fewer school shootings in Canada than in the USA, and Canada is less religious.

Japan is less religious yet, and school shootings are unknown there.

Could it be from the exploitation of the 2nd Amendment and weaponization of everything?

2 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I saw a recent article about how the study often cited by Democrats (conducted by The Third Way) that showed states who voted for Trump have a higher crime rate than those that voted for Biden is conceptually flawed. In the vast majority of cases, crimes take place at the local level and do not involve federal or state officials. Due to that, it would be more appropriate to compare crime rates in counties that voted for Trump vs counties that voted for Biden. The results of those comparisons are in the below chart.

You can draw your own conclusions but I thought it was an interesting point to make.

image.png

24 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

I saw a recent article about how the study often cited by Democrats (conducted by The Third Way) that showed states who voted for Trump have a higher crime rate than those that voted for Biden is conceptually flawed. In the vast majority of cases, crimes take place at the local level and do not involve federal or state officials. Due to that, it would be more appropriate to compare crime rates in counties that voted for Trump vs counties that voted for Biden. The results of those comparisons are in the below chart.

You can draw your own conclusions but I thought it was an interesting point to make.

image.png

The Blue Counties skewing the Red State Crime Rate?