Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

On 10/30/2023 at 9:58 AM, hawkstwelve said:

Trump getting places he's visiting mixed up. Thought he was in Sioux Falls, not Sioux City, until someone came onstage and told him where he's actually speaking at. 

Wasn't he making fun of Joe Biden not too long ago for this very same thing?

I've even gotten towns with Sioux mixed up in the past, (there are more than two) and I live in Iowa, but I don't get them mixed up any more. 

Edited by Stormy

On 10/30/2023 at 11:07 AM, SnarkyGoblin said:

Except when Biden does it.  Then everyone's a doctor and accusations of dementia are immediate.

If you can't see that Biden has early stages of dementia or is senile, than you sure are blind! Trump is way sharper and he's not using a teleprompter in the last month or possibly longer. I know because of people talking about it at a Trump event I was at a few weeks ago. He only takes a few notes of subjects he wants to touch on in a notebook he takes along. 

On 10/30/2023 at 5:46 PM, Iceresistance said:

Jen Psaki trying to be discriminatory against Mike Johnson just because of his religion?

Jen Psaki Says Speaker Mike Johnson Is ‘Scary’ Because He’s Christian (msn.com)

Doug has clips of leftists repeating similar things. 😂https://youtu.be/vrMwExMG1Lw?si=ZMmnTr7ffC6lalEH

On 10/30/2023 at 3:31 PM, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Someone could catch Trump, but it's hard to see who and how. The only plausible scenario is that essentially all support for those other than Trump coalesces behind one candidate and that person seizes so much momentum the proverbial dam breaks and everyone abandons Trump and rushes to the challenger. Beyond Trump passing away or becoming medically incapacitated, I think he will likely be the nominee.  

They're trying to keep Trump off the ballot in Colorado and probably will try in other swing states, but he can appeal and it would go to the supreme court. Plus it will likely backfire and many say that they will write-in Trump whether he's in jail or not on the ballot. It would set a very bad precedent for the country. 

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

I've known about this awhile before X blew up about it. It's nothing wrong in being short, but why not be truthful and laugh about it? In this short video DeSantis likely lied at least twice. He said he didn't know anything about the Bill Maher clip and he said he's 5' 11". ( Probably with the boots 🤣) A guy who's 5' 7", and I listen to, was near DeSantis a number of times and says he's not taller than himself. I do admire him for how well he walks with his stilettos!! 😜 It probably took some practice and was encouraged by his mentor Jeb Bush . 

https://youtu.be/rIS5YK_l2r4?si=awwNMV8rxS3MXm-7

right.  Cause you're a guy who cares about politicians being truthful.

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

Remember, last summer I said he's likely done, or something to that order. He ticked off a lot of his base by pretending to be MAGA early on and running against Trump when he said he wouldn't. (Actually Haley said the same thing several years ago in a clip I saw recently) MAGA is a huge grassroots movement. 

Still waiting for that "clip you saw recently" about Haley wanting to carpet bomb Iran.

I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while... 

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

I've even gotten towns with Sioux mixed up in the past, (there are more than two) and I live in Iowa, but I don't any more. 

Sioux Falls, Sioux City, and Sioux Center. I've only lived in Sioux Falls for year and a half but I've never gotten them mixed up. 

But that's beside the point. One of the criticisms of Biden that Republicans, especially Trump, like to constantly bring up is his mental acuity. In my opinion (and apparently many other Americans per polls), it's a valid concern. But that talking point gets completely neutered when our own leading candidate is making mistakes like that, or saying he beat Obama in 2016, or that Biden could start WWII. We can't argue Biden's constant gaffes and mental lapses make him unfit for office when Trump is starting to do the exact same thing. 

Of course, you'll never see this comparison because Trump is seemingly the second coming of Jesus for you. But for most rational people, it's a bad look and makes it even more important that neither of them end up in the White House come January 2025.

https://wapo.st/40mxpbX

A judge could toss Trump in jail. The question is whether one dares.

Donald Trump in a 2016 presidential debate infamously warned Hillary Clinton that, if he were president, “you’d be in jail.”

A little more than seven years later, Trump appears bent on challenging judges who actually have the power to land him there himself.

But could it really get to that point?

There’s little question judges will seek to exhaust other options, but there’s also increasingly little question Trump will continue to test their resolve with his attacks on judges, prosecutors, witnesses and others.

And Trump’s current and former allies appear to be girding for the likelihood of this tug-of-war with the judges escalating. One is even predicting Trump will go to jail.

The former president has in recent weeks responded to a pair of limited gag orders with his typical defiance and provocation.

Always going to play the victim - guy who has had everything given to him on a silver platter.

2 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Still waiting for that "clip you saw recently" about Haley wanting to carpet bomb Iran.

I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while... 

Actually was going to post a video a few days ago, but got sidetracked again and never got to it. It wasn't a clip, but from a guy that streams his 3 hour radio show on YouTube. I don't think she said those exact words (this other person did though,  and it's difficult to find again) unless it was a few years ago or possibly Lindsay Graham said it. But this person probably took her comment of "finish them" as being basically the same thing. In fact I think what she said is almost worse and more hawkish, because how do you "finish them"  without bombing like crazy or worse!? I can hear you thinking, "she just meant Hamas" , but most would likely think she meant Iran as well. I guess I wouldn't have to provide a link since you probably saw it, but here is her comment for those who haven't seen. BTW, I do agree on many things she says, but she's just an establishment Republican that will probably continue with wars.

By The Hill... 

https://youtu.be/lCT3CLT73qY?si=MDRmVBOITm17XmBd

Edited by Stormy

13 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Always going to play the victim - guy who has had everything given to him on a silver platter.

And why wouldn’t he defy the gag orders? Nobody as powerful as him ever gets seriously held to account in the USA.

It’s one thing Trump understands better than 90+% of the pundits trying to analyze him.

It’s either going to end with the precedent in the initial paragraph being more firmly entrenched than ever, or with the precedent repudiated and Trump getting punished in some sort of significant way (I view some form of house arrest as far more likely than prison).

It’s a put up or shut up moment for the rule of law. Norms that are not enforced by society will inevitably cease to be norms.

It's called clown range for a reason.

3 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Actually was going to post a video a few days ago, but got sidetracked again and never got to it. I don't think she said those exact words unless it was a few years ago or possibly Lindsay Graham said it. But this person probably took her comment of "finish them" as being basically the same thing. In fact I think what she said is almost worse and more hawkish, because how do you "finish them"  without bombing like crazy or worse!? I can hear you thinking, "she just meant Hamas" , but most would likely think she meant Iran as well. I guess I wouldn't have to provide a link since you probably saw it, but here is her comment for those who haven't seen. BTW, I do agree on many things she says, but she's just an establishment Republican that will probably continue with wars.

By The Hill... 

A lame not-even-a-gotcha jab at Haley.  Has there been any follow-up by those "journalists" on what she actually meant?

She's too war-mongery for my taste, but that hasn't changed with the GOP since I've been following the news.  And before you claim Trump has no interest in going to war, then why would he risk war/retaliation for the assassination of an Iranian General?

Sioux Falls, Sioux City, and Sioux Center. I've only lived in Sioux Falls for year and a half but I've never gotten them mixed up. 

But that's beside the point. One of the criticisms of Biden that Republicans, especially Trump, like to constantly bring up is his mental acuity. In my opinion (and apparently many other Americans per polls), it's a valid concern. But that talking point gets completely neutered when our own leading candidate is making mistakes like that, or saying he beat Obama in 2016, or that Biden could start WWII. We can't argue Biden's constant gaffes and mental lapses make him unfit for office when Trump is starting to do the exact same thing. 

Of course, you'll never see this comparison because Trump is seemingly the second coming of Jesus for you. But for most rational people, it's a bad look and makes it even more important that neither of them end up in the White House come January 2025.

I wouldn't either get them mixed up if I lived right in one of them, but probably would if not having ever lived anywhere close, and for me that was many years ago. Oh I'm sure the left has videos of any gaffes Trump made, but I haven't seen many since he doesn't make as many as Biden does.  And remember the left saying that Trump would start WW111?

14 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

A lame not-even-a-gotcha jab at Haley.  Has there been any follow-up by those "journalists" on what she actually meant?

She's too war-mongery for my taste, but that hasn't changed with the GOP since I've been following the news.  And before you claim Trump has no interest in going to war, then why would he risk war/retaliation for the assassination of an Iranian General?

It wasn't supposed to be a gotcha response because like I said, I'm pretty sure he heard that already. 

30 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I think the same one decided to not do what the DOJ wants.

Judge Shoots Down DOJ's Request to Have Trump Jailed Over Gag Order (msn.com)

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

Actually was going to post a video a few days ago, but got sidetracked again and never got to it. It wasn't a clip, but from a guy that streams his 3 hour radio show on YouTube. I don't think she said those exact words (this other person did though,  and it's difficult to find again) unless it was a few years ago or possibly Lindsay Graham said it. But this person probably took her comment of "finish them" as being basically the same thing. In fact I think what she said is almost worse and more hawkish, because how do you "finish them"  without bombing like crazy or worse!? I can hear you thinking, "she just meant Hamas" , but most would likely think she meant Iran as well. I guess I wouldn't have to provide a link since you probably saw it, but here is her comment for those who haven't seen. BTW, I do agree on many things she says, but she's just an establishment Republican that will probably continue with wars.

By The Hill... 

I don't need to have two knucklehead "journalists" telling me what she said when I can hear it with my own two ears. "And I'll say this to Prime Minister Netanyahu: Finish them. Finish them. Hamas did this, you know Iran is behind this. Finish them. They should have hell to pay for what they've just done."

Tell me at what point in that statement did she say, "I want to carpet bomb Iran." Tell me at what point in that statement did she say, "America needs to go to war with Iran." Here's a hint: She didn't. She told Netanyahu, a day after the October 7th attacks, that he should wipe Hamas out. That is exactly what Biden's administration and many other politicians are saying to Israel. Nowhere did she say we need to bomb the living f*ck out of Iran like you claimed she did. Just want to make that clear.

I refuse to believe a military spouse, whose husband is currently deployed, wants to send our military troops into a war. She knows first-hand the effect war has on our troops and their families. Do you really believe she wants to send her husband to go fight a war if it's not entirely necessary? Do you really think she wants to start WWIII when her college-aged son would be among the first to be drafted? I just don't understand the logic here.

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

I wouldn't either get them mixed up if I lived right in one of them, but probably would if not having ever lived anywhere close, and for me that was many years ago. Oh I'm sure the left has videos of any gaffes Trump made, but I haven't seen many since he doesn't make as many as Biden does.  And remember the left saying that Trump would start WW111?

So are you saying you actively avoid Trump's blunders because Biden does more of them? Or have you just not seen many because you choose to not look?

As far as the left and Trump go, look - I have said since he announced in 2015 that the left goes way overboard with their hatred of him. He has been unfairly maligned many, many times and suffered a concerted effort between Democrats and the media for four years to oust him at any point they could. Just because I don't support the guy anymore doesn't mean I've forgotten the sh*t he's had to deal with, in some cases warranted but in many others not. 

The difference is I try to call balls and strikes when I see them without being tainted by whatever color jersey the person wears. I don't think the same could be said about you, based on your comments here. I mean you pretty much just said you don't look at Trump's faults because Biden has more of them. How in the world is that a healthy viewpoint in deciding who should be the next president?

1 hour ago, hawkstwelve said:

So are you saying you actively avoid Trump's blunders because Biden does more of them? Or have you just not seen many because you choose to not look?

As far as the left and Trump go, look - I have said since he announced in 2015 that the left goes way overboard with their hatred of him. He has been unfairly maligned many, many times and suffered a concerted effort between Democrats and the media for four years to oust him at any point they could. Just because I don't support the guy anymore doesn't mean I've forgotten the sh*t he's had to deal with, in some cases warranted but in many others not. 

The difference is I try to call balls and strikes when I see them without being tainted by whatever color jersey the person wears. I don't think the same could be said about you, based on your comments here. I mean you pretty much just said you don't look at Trump's faults because Biden has more of them. How in the world is that a healthy viewpoint in deciding who should be the next president?

No I actually don't see many (although I'm sure there are a ton) because I don't peruse mainstream media sites and people I follow on Twitter are mostly conservatives. And I'm not too much on Twitter and I'm still swamped with too much news. 

And people like you is exactly why we are where we are, who worry more about personality, attitudes, and feelings then about actual success and America First policies.  No candidate is without his faults, but since he is being relentlessly attacked from all sides, that's the one I know I will support.  And I prefer a candidate who has proven he can get things done and has great policies. If personality is what people are focusing on than our country is doomed, which it may be anyway and we might not even see another election the way the world is spiraling out of control! 

Nice to see some of the rich liberals are finally waking up! 

Here's a shorter version. He sure stated the obvious, when you're blinded by ideology you can't see the forest for the trees. 

https://youtu.be/WP9_bcXK4LM?si=66ojcEYq424-39_E

And this billionaire won't donate to some of the universities anymore. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/video/6339874238112 CNN had a similar video. 

Oh well, it's kind of pointless arguing on here. I'll vote for who I want and you can vote for whomever and we'll live happily ever after, maybe! Plus provide some entertainment for the others!😂 Peace Out

I don't need to have two knucklehead "journalists" telling me what she said when I can hear it with my own two ears. "And I'll say this to Prime Minister Netanyahu: Finish them. Finish them. Hamas did this, you know Iran is behind this. Finish them. They should have hell to pay for what they've just done."

Tell me at what point in that statement did she say, "I want to carpet bomb Iran." Tell me at what point in that statement did she say, "America needs to go to war with Iran." Here's a hint: She didn't. She told Netanyahu, a day after the October 7th attacks, that he should wipe Hamas out. That is exactly what Biden's administration and many other politicians are saying to Israel. Nowhere did she say we need to bomb the living f*ck out of Iran like you claimed she did. Just want to make that clear.

I refuse to believe a military spouse, whose husband is currently deployed, wants to send our military troops into a war. She knows first-hand the effect war has on our troops and their families. Do you really believe she wants to send her husband to go fight a war if it's not entirely necessary? Do you really think she wants to start WWIII when her college-aged son would be among the first to be drafted? I just don't understand the logic here.

You must have not read or understood what I wrote. I said it's not the exact words, or go read it again. 

19 minutes ago, Stormy said:

No I actually don't see many (although I'm sure there are a ton) because I don't peruse mainstream media sites and people I follow on Twitter are mostly conservatives. And I'm not too much on Twitter and I'm still swamped with too much news. 

And people like you is exactly why we are where we are, who worry more about personality, attitudes, and feelings then about actual success and America First policies.  No candidate is without his faults, but since he is being relentlessly attacked from all sides, that's the one I know I will support.  And I prefer a candidate who has proven he can get things done and has great policies. If personality is what people are focusing on than our country is doomed, which it may be anyway and we might not even see another election the way the world is spiraling out of control! 

The bolded part literally could not be further from the truth. I care very deeply about actual success especially in the world we live in right now. That is precisely why I do not want Trump to be president. I can guarantee you, without a shadow of a doubt, that if Trump were to be re-elected as president we would not have success - we would have daily grievances, vendettas, and non-stop drama. We'd have mass protests. We'd have even more lawsuits. People would be pushed even further into their tribal political chambers. Absolutely none of that says success to me.

In fact, he has literally said his main priority after getting into office is to get "retribution" (his own words, unlike the ones you tried to prescribe to Haley) on the people who he feels wronged him. Does that sound like success to you? I guess if the measure of success is how much we "own the libs" then sure, that sounds like it'd be successful. But if the measure of success is how much we actually get sh*t done, both domestically but especially internationally, then Trump would be the absolute furthest thing from success. And excuse me but I think "owning the libs" is the furthest thing we need to be focused on right now. This is not 2016 anymore.

17 minutes ago, Stormy said:

You must have not read or understood what I wrote. I said it's not the exact words, or go read it again. 

I did understand what you wrote. I understood that you moved the goalposts after realizing that she didn't actually say what you said she did. And I just wanted to make it clear that she never actually said that. You also said that her comments were "basically the same thing" as saying she wanted to carpet bomb Iran. So in effect that means any politician, which is currently the vast majority, who is saying that Hamas needs to be ended right now is also saying that we should bomb the hell out of Iran. If that's the case, why aren't we seeing bombs flattening Iran right now? Could it be that those two statements actually aren't "basically the same thing" but instead you are applying a false equivalency to Haley in order to fit your "she's a neo-con warhawk" narrative?

He is Pro-Ukraine, and he also wants to make sure that our border is secure with the support of Ukraine.

Speaker Mike Johnson signals that Ukraine aid, coupled with border security, is next on GOP agenda (msn.com)

13 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Are the Whitey Tapes implicating Michelle Obama coming out Real Soon Now? Again?

Wait, different decade, different phony scandal.

It's called clown range for a reason.

Encouraging to see so many comments on this article from conservatives that are saying enough of Trump and are supporting Nikki Haley as the only viable option to beat Biden next year.

The polls may show Trump with an insurmountable lead but I don't necessarily believe that. I don't think they are picking up a large portion of the Republican base that want to move on from Trump. I still think there is a very small outside chance that we can still nominate someone who can actually win next year.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-unrestrained-2024-front-runners-dean-phillips-biden-trump-election-ff39ffa0?mod=opinion_lead_pos9#comments_sector

1 hour ago, hawkstwelve said:

Encouraging to see so many comments on this article from conservatives that are saying enough of Trump and are supporting Nikki Haley as the only viable option to beat Biden next year.

The polls may show Trump with an insurmountable lead but I don't necessarily believe that. I don't think they are picking up a large portion of the Republican base that want to move on from Trump. I still think there is a very small outside chance that we can still nominate someone who can actually win next year.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-unrestrained-2024-front-runners-dean-phillips-biden-trump-election-ff39ffa0?mod=opinion_lead_pos9#comments_sector

If Haley wins, Biden is in serious trouble because their favorite weapons against Trump are useless!

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

4 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

If we are saying Haley then why not Jeb Bush?

1 hour ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I don't think so, Russia is losing the media war, despite mostly successful scare tactics against the west.

1 hour ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Unreal that you think trump has the best chance to beat Biden. 

I’m not sure he does, but Nikki Haley?! 🤡

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

I don't think so, Russia is losing the media war, despite mostly successful scare tactics against the west.

Did you read the article? 

11 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Did you read the article? 

Some, Russia's corruption is even worse. While the president of Ukraine has been doing a corruption purge, even though it is hard.

29 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Like running Trump for president?

Same strategy from the 2020 election to be used in 2024, which may be hiding in the basement.

It worked in 2020, but it won't work again!

• Like 1

Considering the distractions I doubt they’ll notice if he’s breathing.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

It’s really dispiriting to have such a lack of national leadership during a very tenuous time. I have no major issues with Bidens stance towards Israel, but there is no way he can help lead towards a long term solution and stabilization of the region. This conflict would have never occurred on Trumps watch. Iran was terrified of his wrath. 

• lol 1

2 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Some, Russia's corruption is even worse. While the president of Ukraine has been doing a corruption purge, even though it is hard.

The main point wasn’t about corruption it was that those in Zelenskyy s inner circle acknowledge the goals he states are unattainable and he is unmoored from reality. The result is horrific for Ukraine as a whole and they risk a broader loss than if he would be willing to come to the negotiating table. The average age of someone in the Ukrainian army is 43! The young are either dead or fled!