February 2014 Observations and Discussion

Geos

Right Dominick, we could have another week in Chicago where it could dump 20" of snow.  Crazy wx pattern we are having this year.  I always dreamt of a pattern like this when I was a kid, I used to ask my parents all the time how the winters were in the late 70's and now we are in the midst of an incredible winter season.  The pictures in the old family albums had mounds of snow in the city neighborhoods and temps were just as brutal like all the subzero nights we have had so far this season.  My parents are visiting from AZ this weekend and I could just see it in their faces how bad it has been these past few days.

Any estimates of snow now are shots in the dark. I think the most important part, like everyone said last night, was that it's continually showing a fairly significant storm. While there maybe dramatic shifts in the track and amount of snow, as of now, I am happy if it continues to show a big storm, until late this weekend. 

00z GGEM goes overboard with the snow...this storm has the potential to become an all out Blizzard.  Arctic High in the Plains, Open Gulf, SE ridge and your in business.  Just need this thing to spin up and phase a little better.

Hope this thing turns in to a bowling ball and plows all of us rather than everyone down south. They don't even want it probably! Give it to us folks up here. Probably a little too far NW up in Nebraska for this system unfortunately :(, d*** high pressure, you're ruining my life!

00z GFS... please don't do this again. Looks wayy too familiar. Where is this SE Ridge man?!?!

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/data/gfs/00/gfs_namer_384_precip_ptot.gif