West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

5 hours ago, MossMan said:

Wilson cannot play without Pete. Pete put Wilson in the best position to succeed every week which was not to cook. He’s on an island alone with nobody showing him the way since the coaching staff is so bad. It’s pretty sad to watch really. 

It was the perfect marriage for Wilson and he chose to divorce. Pretty clear now that Pete was maximizing Russ' strengths and minimized his weaknesses as best as he could. Pete is literally doing the same thing for Geno right now and it's quite amazing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

So Russ is easily the worse QB Denver ever had. But it's not totally his fault either, his offense stink and his HC is very very bad also. 

FfVEeLVaEAEJh1Q.png

Look at those names…. I assume this is post-Elway. Really drives home how hard it can be to find a franchise qb. 

Russ is getting absolutely eviscerated today regarding his comment about having wolverine blood for being able to heal fast with the hammy injury. 

maybe he should not say anything else and just play football. 

i actually feel bad for him but I love the draft positions. Lol

X-men…. Let’s ride!  

• lol 1

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

Phillies are a lot better than the Padres. Could be WS bound. 

Their football team are also 6-0. 

Their hockey team are 3-0 to start the season.

NBA season just started. 

Good time to be Philly sports fan. 

Padres are a fun team... similar to the Mariners... and they are on a roll right now.   They have a chance to get to the World Series.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

14 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Padres are a fun team... similar to the Mariners... and they are on a roll right now.   They have a chance to get to the World Series.

It’ll be a great series. Phillies beat the defending champions and Padres beat 111 wins team. 

Phillies in 7? 

as for the AL… I’m not even gonna bother watching… both are equally hated and I’m rooting for either NL teams all the way. 

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

It’ll be a great series. Phillies beat the defending champions and Padres beat 111 wins team. 

Phillies in 7? 

as for the AL… I’m not even gonna bother watching… both are equally hated and I’m rooting for either NL teams all the way. 

I really want to see the Astros lose.    I hate the Yankees less than the Astros!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I really want to see the Astros lose.    I hate the Yankees less than the Astros!

It’s a lose-lose situation from my perspective because I hate the Astros with a passion but I also don’t want to see the Yankees in another WS or win one. Their fanbase is insufferable. Literally the two worst franchise right now in the AL. No one likes them outside of their fanbase. 

maybe these 2 teams go 18 innings every game and eventually forfeit their LCS for a default NL champions 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

It’s a lose-lose situation from my perspective because I hate the Astros with a passion but I also don’t want to see the Yankees in another WS or win one. Their fanbase is insufferable. Literally the two worst franchise right now in the AL. No one likes them outside of their fanbase. 

maybe these 2 teams go 18 innings every game and eventually forfeit their LCS for a default NL champions 

Yeah... I am definitely cheering for the NL team this year in the WS regardless of which teams get there.

• Like 1

Mariners scored 2 runs in the 4th inning of game 2 against the Astros and did not score again over the next 23 innings.   The Astros have given up only 1 run through 6 innings tonight.     

Astros pitching has given up 1 run in the last 29 innings.   Pretty incredible.

• Sick 2

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Mariners scored 2 runs in the 4th inning of game 2 against the Astros and did not score again over the next 23 innings.   The Astros have given up only 1 run through 6 innings tonight.     

Astros pitching has given up 1 run in the last 29 innings.   Pretty incredible.

Their pitching has been INCREDIBLE all season really. They gave up 518 runs over the course of 162 games. That's just a little more than 3 runs/g. Second behind the Dodgers with 513. And now they seem to ramp it up a notch in the post-season. This was why losing the first game after scoring 7 runs was such a big deal... it literally flipped the entire series around. 

• Like 1

What is their combined age…240 years? Looks like they have both been dead for at least 10 years. 👻 

3D646B52-49F8-4D6B-9F20-1DD457000716.jpeg

Edited by MossMan
  • lol 1
  • Shivering 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

16 hours ago, Gradient Keeper said:

Not exactly west coast, but who you got?

Padres / Phillies
Astros / Yankees

Go Padres and Astros!

Don’t care anymore. Lost interest after the M’s were eliminated. Despise both the Yankees and the Astros and I know nothing about those other two teams. 
Go Geno Smith!

• Excited 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

Russ riding the bench… D**n… wanted to see him play 😂 

if rypien does well denver is in bigger trouble with a qb controversy.  

broncos country…. Let’s Ry

🤣🤣

Wow... now I have to cheer for the Broncos.

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Wow... now I have to cheer for the Broncos.

In all seriousness this will not only give an insight on Hackett’s system and the kind of coach he is but also Russ as a Qb in a new system.  If rypien manage to put up 30+ points, then Russ is in big big trouble and it was only partially Hackett all this time. 

Grab your popcorn. 

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

18 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Houston looks like a championship winning team. 😡 
Especially when they have their #9 hitter taking advantage of a despicable error by the Yankees. 

I guess if the Astros don't lose a game the entire post season then I feel a little better about the Mariners.   We had them on the ropes in game 1 and had 9 separate chances to walk them off in game 3.  

• Like 3

Yankees suck. The M’s could have gone all the way if one thing would have gone our way against the Astroids in each of those 3 games. 

• Like 1
  • lol 1

16 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Man… marshawn is so awesome miss this dude lol. I caught this live as well haha 

That Cal stadium is depressing... half empty and quiet with poor lighting.    And this is the kind of game that the Huskies inexplicably lose.  

44 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

That Cal stadium is depressing... half empty and quiet with poor lighting.    And this is the kind of game that the Huskies inexplicably lose.  

The lighting is so bad it’s disgusting. 
And UW is Out gaining Cal and somehow it’s a 1 scoring game. They should be crushing this Cal team. 

• Sick 1

You wonder why the rest of the country thinks the Pac-12 is a joke?   I saw numerous games today in packed stadiums that were rocking.   Then the Pac-12 puts on these dark, dreary games at night with consistently horrible officiating and half empty stadiums.   You compare these games to what we see from the SEC and Big Ten and Big 12 every Saturday and its not really a mystery why the Pac-12 is falling apart.

• Like 2

Utah and Oregon always look good on TV in terms of crowd and energy.   Huskies and Cougs not as much... their crowds empty out in the 3rd quarter even during close games.  I saw it first hand last Saturday.

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

You wonder why the rest of the country thinks the Pac-12 is a joke?   I saw numerous games today in packed stadiums that were rocking.   Then the Pac-12 puts on these dark, dreary games at night with consistently horrible officiating and half empty stadiums.   You compare these games to what we see from the SEC and Big Ten and Big 12 every Saturday and its not really a mystery why the Pac-12 is falling apart.

It’s scheduling issue and it all started with Larry Scott. The whole thing with him and “pac-12 after dark” was such a bad idea. The rest of the country were asleep by then. I think he effectively killed the pac-12 during his tenured and then blame the schools on his way out. 

i mean, part of the reason why I think LSU was able to beat ole miss today was because they packed the stadium with 103k fans. Then you look at all these pac-12 games and it’s sad. 

• Like 2

I’m conflicted. I want the Broncos to lose every game for draft pick reason…However a part of me wants their backup QB To ROCK it today. 

• Like 2

For some reason DirectTV keeps giving me Sunday Ticket for free.  Last year and now this year again.   I love the mix channel.  All 7 morning games at once... scroll to any game to get the audio.  And the red zone channel. 

20221023_105537.jpg