2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

I love reading the "constructive" analysis being thrown out by well known mouth pieces for the democrats.  Nuggets like Trump has sexual fantasies about his daughter and Trump supporters are just a bunch of drug addicts.  And they wonder why their party is decimated now?  On top of their decimated status in the Federal Government they now hold a grand total of 17 governorships.  There are actually some thoughtful democrats who realize their party is in dire straits at best.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Blah, blah, blah. I honestly don't see how you can be so dismissive of Trump-related overreactions and simultaneously be so irrationally Clinton-phobic.

Hackery.

I happen to think Trump has reacted pretty well to the incredible barrage of vile lies that have been thrown at him.  Conservatives have never acted like this toward a liberal President...at least in the modern era.  Trump has simply decided to not turn the other cheek like so many previous Republican Presidents have.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I love reading the "constructive" analysis being thrown out by well known mouth pieces for the democrats.  Nuggets like Trump has sexual fantasies about his daughter and Trump supporters are just a bunch of drug addicts.  And they wonder why their party is decimated now?  On top of their decimated status in the Federal Government they now hold a grand total of 17 governorships.  There are actually some thoughtful democrats who realize their party is in dire straits at best.

And guess what Jim... they will be back in control soon again!    You think its Republicans forever now?   What will you be saying then??     :lol:

Are you just trying to be extreme or do you really think this way?    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

And guess what Jim... they will be back in control soon again!    You think its Republicans forever now?   What will you be saying then??     :lol:

Are you just trying to be extreme or do you really think this way?    

It will take a while for them to get back in power and I think they will be much more reasonable when they are.  A bunch of kooks over-ran their party and now they have to get rid of them.  Decent chance Trump will do a good enough job to be re-elected.  Obviously the pendulum always swings the other way eventually.  Right now though the bleeding continues for the dems.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I happen to think Trump has reacted pretty well to the incredible barrage of vile lies that have been thrown at him. Conservatives have never acted like this toward a liberal President...at least in the modern era. Trump has simply decided to not turn the other cheek like so many previous Republican Presidents have.

I get the impression the highways in your brain are almost entirely one-way streets.

Trump has proven again and again his skin is pretty thin and it legitimately causes pause for concern. Ad hominem attacks are par for the course in politics and turning the other cheek is almost always the best move.

Let me ask you this... How have any of Trump's engagement in or initiation of these pissing matches helped the average American?

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Goofy women!   Women in power are very scary to me.    Every one of these women are extremist nuts bent on destroying America. 

image.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Goofy women!   Women in power are very scary to me.    Every one of these women are extremist nuts bent on destroying America. 

image.png

I have no problem with this.  I do have problems with marches where famous women say Trump has sexual fantasies about his daughter.  Just uncalled for.  There is a difference between a demonstration and off the rails kookiness. 

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I get the impression the highways in your brain are almost entirely one-way streets.

Trump has proven again and again his skin is pretty thin and it legitimately causes pause for concern. Ad hominem attacks are par for the course in politics and turning the other cheek is almost always the best move.

Let me ask you this... How have any of Trump's engagement in or initiation of these pissing matches helped the average American?

If can get the media to be a little bit more honest that would be a huge win for all of us.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

If can get the media to be a little bit more honest that would be a huge win for all of us.

Again, how does a pissing match with an already identified biased media help the forgotten little man Trump was so passionate about in his speech? To me it all serves as distraction from meaningful work and only fuels the media to focus on what Trump wants them to focus on, which is Trump.

I think the bathroom thing was one of the straws that broke the camel's back so to speak.  Also totally loony tunes laws like banning regular light bulbs.  I consider being told which freeking light bulb I can buy nothing short of a dictatorship.  The liberals just kept on and on and on on with the idiocy.  Also the continuing tolerance toward Muslim extremists while attacking Christians and making it politically incorrect to say Merry Christmas in public.  They went too far and people said they have had enough.

It's amazing to me they just keep digging themselves a deeper hole by acting like a bunch of hooligans toward anyone who even hints they like Trump.  Not sure if anyone heard about the classless tweet from an SNL writer which talked about Barron Trump being likely to be the first home school shooter.  Attacking a 10 year old kid...really?  They do nothing, but alienate themselves from an ever increasing percentage of the country.

Yeah when is Trump bringing back incandescents? We all need to be hazmat trained to deal with broken CFLs and a LED bulb, while it should be an option, isn't within the budget of many households.

Make America Incandescent Again

The Pacific Northwest: Where storms go to die.

I think the bathroom thing was one of the straws that broke the camel's back so to speak. Also totally loony tunes laws like banning regular light bulbs. I consider being told which freeking light bulb I can buy nothing short of a dictatorship. The liberals just kept on and on and on on with the idiocy. Also the continuing tolerance toward Muslim extremists while attacking Christians and making it politically incorrect to say Merry Christmas in public. They went too far and people said they have had enough.

It's amazing to me they just keep digging themselves a deeper hole by acting like a bunch of hooligans toward anyone who even hints they like Trump. Not sure if anyone heard about the classless tweet from an SNL writer which talked about Barron Trump being likely to be the first home school shooter. Attacking a 10 year old kid...really? They do nothing, but alienate themselves from an ever increasing percentage of the country.

Just like how Obamas kids were off limits so should Trumps

I mean he's 10 and he's getting all this spotlight. What kid wouldn't be nervous in that situation? I probably would have been shaking up on the stage at that age

I mean he's 10 and he's getting all this spotlight. What kid wouldn't be nervous in that situation? I probably would have been shaking up on the stage at that age

Kinda surprised the kid isn't in a boarding school in the Swiss Alps, like Le Rosey...only £80,000-a-year.

The school of kings...and little god-emperors.

Absolutely.  I think he might be a bit of a shy kid also.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

So far I've been right about pretty much everything with the whole Trump juggernaut.  You continue to believe the media which has been wrong about everything and will continue to be so.  As I mentioned before the Republicans will now be able to gerrymander the district lines to make it even more likely they will hold the Congress in the mid term elections.

How on earth could you support this or be happy about it? This sort of thing is a complete bastardization of our Democracy. Talk about the people's voices not being heard. I though the power was going directly back to us? The gerrymandering thing takes the power of the vote directly away from the people.

If the Republicans need to win future elections by essentially cheating like this that says a lot by itself.

Sarcastic. I was making fun of Flatiron's tendency to normalize him whenever the opportunity presents itself.

You're misguided here. I've never attempted to "normalize" Trump. Just because he doesn't scare me as much as he does some people (probably including you) does not mean I think he's just another typical person in power.

Regardless, the comment about his speech did not have one bit of the intent you read into it.

A forum for the end of the world.

You're misguided here. I've never attempted to "normalize" Trump. Just because he doesn't scare me as much as he does some people (probably including you) does not mean I think he's just another typical person in power.

Regardless, the comment about his speech did not have one bit of the intent you read into it.

Absolutely shaking in my boots. Or whatever else you need to tell yourself to invalidate my accurate observation. :lol:

So far I've been right about pretty much everything with the whole Trump juggernaut.  You continue to believe the media which has been wrong about everything and will continue to be so.  As I mentioned before the Republicans will now be able to gerrymander the district lines to make it even more likely they will hold the Congress in the mid term elections.

So what you're saying is basically "not represent the will of the People." Gotcha.

• Like 1

Found this post today on Facebook regarding the women's march. It's long, but a great read.

I am not a "disgrace to women" because I don't support the women's march. I do not feel I am a "second class citizen" because I am a woman. I do not feel my voice is "not heard" because I am a woman. I do not feel I am not provided opportunities in this life or in America because I am a woman. I do not feel that I "don't have control of my body or choices" because I am a woman. I do not feel like I am " not respected or undermined" because I am a woman. I am not a "victim" because you say I am.

I AM a woman.

I can make my own choices.

I can speak and be heard.

I can VOTE.

I can work if I want.

I can stay home if I want.

I control my body.

I can defend myself.

I can defend my family.

There is nothing stopping me to do anything in this world but MYSELF.

I do not blame my circumstances or problems on anything other than my own choices or even that sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself.

I am a mother, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend. I am not held back in life but only by the walls I choose to not go over which is a personal choice.

Quit blaming.

Take responsibility.

If you want to speak, do so. But do not expect for me, a woman, to take you seriously wearing a pink va-jay-jay hat on your head and screaming profanities and bashing men.

If you have beliefs, and speak to me in a kind matter, I will listen. But do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways.

If you want to impress me, especially in regards to women, then speak on the real injustices and tragedies that affect women in foreign countries that do not that the opportunity or means to have their voices heard.

Saudi Arabia, women can't drive, no rights and must always be covered.

China and India, infantcide of baby girls.

Afghanistan, unequal education rights.

Democratic Republic of Congo, where rapes are brutal and women are left to die, or HIV infected and left to care for children alone.

Mali, where women can not escape the torture of genital mutilation.

Pakistan, in tribal areas where women are gang raped to pay for men's crime.

Guatemala, the impoverished female underclass of Guatemala faces domestic violence, rape and the second-highest rate of HIV/AIDS after sub-Saharan Africa. An epidemic of gruesome unsolved murders has left hundreds of women dead, some of their bodies left with hate messages. Or the 7 year old girls being sold or married off to 60 year old men, Or the millions of women sold and bought into sex trafficking.

And that's just a few examples.

So when women get together in AMERICA and whine they don't have equal rights and march in their clean clothes, after eating a hearty breakfast, and it's like a vacation away that they have paid for to get there...

This WOMAN does not support it.

Well since when do we care what oppression women face from societies and governments in other parts of the world? If it's not me being oppressed I don't care.

It's also easier to march in DC for women's rights than march in Riyadh or Kabul for women's rights. So I guess that makes it more meaningful.

• Like 1

Also just wanted to add two prime examples of the issues with the media:

Yesterday, a reporter tweeted that the MLK bust had been removed from the Oval Office once Trump took over. This was the epitome of "fake news" yet it spread like wildfire on the internet. Come to find out the MLK bust was never removed and the reporter issued an apology claiming a "secret service agent was standing in the way". Unfortunately, the damage had already been done.

Also yesterday, a picture started spreading around that was tweeted by a reporter that compared the National Mall in 08 with the National Mall yesterday. On the left was a packed National Mall - Obama's inauguration. On the right, was a barely half-full Mall - "Trump's inauguration". They claimed the enthusiasm for Trump was horrible. "Even his supporterers deserted him!" Only problem was, the Obama picture was taken right before the speech while the Trump photo was taken an hour and a half prior. The Mall was full back to the Washington Monument right before his speech - Funny how that works.

This encapsulates the current media landscape perfectly. Report now, be first, and check facts later all while keeping a light shade of liberal blue over the story. I was hoping after the election they would have realized their mistakes, but evidently that is not the case.

I am double checking every negative story about Trump now. It is ludicrous to have to do that, but that's the way it is. I had guessed that was the case with the Inauguration pictures. Almost funny in a way.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I am double checking every negative story about Trump now. It is ludicrous to have to do that, but that's the way it is. I had guessed that was the case with the Inauguration pictures. Almost funny in a way.

The media is going to double down with all of his attacks.   It will never end and likely escalate.   They are going to endlessly hound him with facts.   Facts that he does not like and wants to gloss over.     Going to be exhausting for a paranoid person like him.  

Should be fun to watch!  

How on earth could you support this or be happy about it? This sort of thing is a complete bastardization of our Democracy. Talk about the people's voices not being heard. I though the power was going directly back to us? The gerrymandering thing takes the power of the vote directly away from the people.

If the Republicans need to win future elections by essentially cheating like this that says a lot by itself.

How do you think the democrats held the house for like 50 years? They all do it. I'm not saying they will, but they most certainly can if they want.

In a way you could say gerrymandering is in the same ballpark as the Electoral College. Kind of interesting how the Founding Fathers thought of all of this weird stuff.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The paranoid manchild spoke to the CIA today in front of a wall honoring men and women in the CIA who have died in service of our country... and he spent 9 of his 15 minutes launching petty attacks on the media.   How can this can be defended?    Not presidential in any way.    Not at all.  

He is so immature... he makes GWB look amazingly presidential in retrospect.  

How do you think the democrats held the house for like 50 years? They all do it. I'm not saying they will, but they most certainly can if they want.

In a way you could say gerrymandering is in the same ballpark as the Electoral College. Kind of interesting how the Founding Fathers thought of all of this weird stuff.

The founding fathers are dead.

The paranoid manchild spoke to the CIA today in front of a wall honoring men and women in the CIA who have died in service of our country... and he spent 9 of his 15 minutes launching petty attacks on the media.   How can this can be defended?    Not presidential in any way.    Not at all.  

He's trolling you and you're falling for it. Hard.

Absolutely bizarre first press briefing of the Trump presidency.    Even FOX News called it surreal.

Paranoia run rampant.   

He's trolling you and you're falling for it. Hard.

Who?  Jim?   I wish that were true.   

Regardless... watching Trump today was embarrassing to this country.    The first of many such days I am sure.  

Who?  Jim?   I wish that were true.   

Regardless... watching Trump today was embarrassing to this country.    The first of many such days I am sure.  

You. The guy is 70 years old and his persona is pretty well-established at this point. He's bombastic. Not worth feigning surprise at every time he opens his mouth.

You. The guy is 70 years old and his persona is pretty well-established at this point. He's bombastic. Not worth feigning surprise at every time he opens his mouth.

Well... he is president now.   It is sad to actually see it happening.   I let myself believe he would rise above this crap and become presidential.   No dice.  

Yeah petty dictators tend to like state-controlled media.

• Like 1

Well... he is president now.   It is sad to actually see it happening.   I let myself believe he would rise above this crap and become presidential.   No dice.  

There's no textbook definition for "presidential", we've had 43 others and they had varied personalities, strengths, and weaknesses. Many, quite assuredly, were massive pricks.

He is who he is and he's the president that we currently deserve as a country. Hopefully things will improve going forward.

The real question is will not being "presidential" prevent Trump from doing his job? Ultimately, it's about results, not likability.

That being said, those that are able to work well with others are usually better leaders and able to get more done.

There's no textbook definition for "presidential", we've had 43 others and they had varied personalities, strengths, and weaknesses. Many, quite, assuredly, were massive pricks.

He is who he is and he's the president that we currently deserve as a country. Hopefully things will improve going forward.

Hopefully Jesse jumps all over you for this obvious attempt to normalize Trump.

The real question is will not being "presidential" prevent Trump from doing his job? Ultimately, it's about results, not likability.

That being said, those that are able to work well with others are usually better leaders and able to get more done.

He might just spend all his time being paranoid about what the media is saying about him. Its exhausting watching him and now his press secretary spinning things. :)

I have to admit that complaining about the media at the CIA meeting today wasn't the best move. He should have obviously focused on the CIA itself. I'm sure he'll get things smoothed out once he's been in office for a while.

That having been said I can't blame him for fuming about the media right now. Attacking his son on top of attacking him. Just pointless.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9