2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Unbelievable... Patriots down to their 3rd string QB against a tough Texans defense and win 27-0.

Jacoby Brissett never started an NFL game in his life.

Brissett led an offense that in 1 game almost doubled the total points that a Russell Wilson led offense scored over the first 2 games.

Have to give credit to Belichick.

To say the Texans defense is tough when Watt is nowhere near 100 percent is not accurate. He is their defense, without him totally ready they are mediocre at best.

To say the Texans defense is tough when Watt is nowhere near 100 percent is not accurate. He is their defense, without him totally ready they are mediocre at best.

It's a small sample size, but after week 2 their defense was ranked 3rd in the NFL. And the Texans were actually favourites in that game tonight.

It's a small sample size, but after week 2 their defense was ranked 3rd in the NFL. And the Texans were actually favourites in that game tonight.

I saw they were favorites earlier in the week and it stuck, but it was ridiculous and proven tonight, no reason they should have been favorites at all. Watt is still healing his back.

I saw they were favorites earlier in the week and it stuck, but it was ridiculous and proven tonight, no reason they should have been favorites at all. Watt is still healing his back.

Yeah one player of his talent can really effect a team, But with that said that was a horrible performance.

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

Do you have a team you like or enjoy watching?

2013/2014 Winter season

I can't imagine caring much about a team unless I live in that area.    Or have lived in that area (like MN).

I could not just pick up a team and care passionately about it... there has to be a personal connection to the community.     That is what makes it fun.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I can't imagine caring much about a team unless I live in that area. Or have lived in that area (like MN).

I could not just pick up a team and care passionately about it... there has to be a personal connection to the community. That is what makes it fun.

No there doesn't ... My uncle is a huge Dallas Cowboys fan and my mom was too so ever since I was 5 all I would see is the "Cowboys". Also being Americas team they were hard to avoid. My dad is a Seahawks fan so it's always fun on Sunday's but you don't need a connection to a community to be a true passionate fan from day 1.

2013/2014 Winter season

No there doesn't ... My uncle is a huge Dallas Cowboys fan and my mom was too so ever since I was 5 all I would see is the "Cowboys". Also being Americas team they were hard to avoid. My dad is a Seahawks fan so it's always fun on Sunday's but you don't need a connection to a community to be a true passionate fan from day 1.

I certainly need that to really care... the community is the best part.    I can personally attest to this after experiencing the Twins win the World Series twice in 1987 and 1991 and the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl in 2014.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I certainly need that to really care... the community is the best part.    I can personally attest to this after experiencing the Twins win the World Series twice in 1987 and 1991 and the Seahawks winning the World Series in 2014.

Who needs the M's when the Seahawks are winning the World Series?

A forum for the end of the world.

Who needs the M's when the Seahawks are winning the World Series?

Corrected... problem with typing fast on your phone and not checking it again.    :)

I certainly need that to really care... the community is the best part. I can personally attest to this after experiencing the Twins win the World Series twice in 1987 and 1991 and the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl in 2014.

I understand what you mean but there's no NFL teams close by besides Seattle and I never grew up on them. But walking around in a community with a passionate fan base is always great!

2013/2014 Winter season

I am not really a diehard fan of any team but my teams of choice in general are the Patriots (I enjoy their style of play). Blue jays. Canucks. BC Lions.

I literally never check CFL games... but I see those Lions are in a tough battle with the Edmonton Eskimos right now!  

I literally never check CFL games... but I see those Lions are in a tough battle with the Edmonton Eskimos right now!

I don't suspect many Americans care about the CFL. Lions are good this year but might be over performing a bit. They are always good when Wally is coaching them. Young quarterback but he's going to be good.

I don't suspect many Americans care about the CFL. Lions are good this year but might be over performing a bit. They are always good when Wally is coaching them. Young quarterback but he's going to be good.

Tough loss dropping the Lions to 8-4.

Exciting end though... they had a chance!   

I am not really a diehard fan of any team but my teams of choice in general are the Patriots (I enjoy their style of play). Blue jays. Canucks. BC Lions.

Oh nice man! I got Cowboys, BC Lions, Canucks and LA Kings ( Influenced by cousin at a young age). As for the BC Lions yeah there pretty good this year, better then I actually thought they would have been.

2013/2014 Winter season

Huskies might be a tad overrated now that they are not playing High School teams.

We have DirectTV... no game for us.   How many years will they go refusing to negotiate with the PAC12 network??

Watching on ESPN gamecast... see Arizona has the ball almost on the goal line and expecting it to be 14-0 and then suddenly the Huskies drive all the way down the field and its 7-7.   :)

We have DirectTV... no game for us. How many years will they go refusing to negotiate with the PAC12 network??

I am a manager with DirecTV/ATT, we have negotiated with the Pac 12 network since inception, their asking price is not worth it for business, and honestly the network is not doing well overall.

However, since we are a part of AT&T now the odds of it becoming available have increased exponentially since they have it through their U-Verse cable brand in parts of the country, more to come but it is looking more probable.

• Like 1

I am a manager with DirecTV/ATT, we have negotiated with the Pac 12 network since inception, their asking price is not worth it for business, and honestly the network is not doing well overall.

However, since we are a part of AT&T now the odds of it becoming available have increased exponentially since they have it through their U-Verse cable brand in parts of the country, more to come but it is looking more probable.

Good to know... thanks for all the details!  

Good to know... thanks for all the details!

No prob, I have been wanting it too for the Cougs, but seeing it the way I do makes sense as to why its not available yet.

They want more than we pay the other major conference networks we offer that have been around for years and have proved worth.

We have DirectTV... no game for us. How many years will they go refusing to negotiate with the PAC12 network??

All I have is Internet streaming and a digital antenna...and the only local channel I get is KCPQ Fox 13 which comes in quite handy on Sunday's! But currently watching the Baylor Oklahoma State game on mute while listening to the Husky game via Tunein radio!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Nice start for the Seahawks!

Vikings might be the team to beat in the NFC... they dismantled Carolina today in Charlotte.     Vikings lose their star QB and RB and have actually gotten better.

Nice start for the Seahawks!

Vikings might be the team to beat in the NFC... they dismantled Carolina today in Charlotte.     Vikings lose their star QB and RB and have actually gotten better.

Bradford is probably an upgrade over Bridgewater, as long as he can stay healthy. 

Thing that bugs me is that they seem to start slowly in most games and lately each season.    Like they are bored unless their backs are against the wall.  Just stupid.   Come out flying and win from the start.     Good teams don't take at least half of each game and half of each season to "figure it out".   

Looks like it didn't quite take half a season.

Too bad Wilson still got beat up, though.

Looks like it didn't quite take half a season.

Too bad Wilson still got beat up, though.

Will get beat up all season with that offensive line

2013/2014 Winter season

The line had nothing to do with the injury today. The tackle was uncalled for, horse caller and a hand in the facemask usually means bad things.

In general lol I know it was messed up.

2013/2014 Winter season