January Weather In the PNW

stuffradio

Rob... does Tropical Tidbits load slowly for you?   

It does for me.   And now this page loads more slowly with Tropical Tidbits images here.   Its really frustrating.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Forgive me. But I do appreciate his input. Keep throwing the knowledge around Phil.

I agree... specific forecasts can bust but he provides tons of valuable insight. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I take it inversion season hadn't started yet when they had a similar day on 12/6?

I think pattern going into the ridging will be conducive for a warm day, doesn't have much to do with inversion season ending.

It was a joke, although admittedly the upcoming wane of inversion season is never a laughing matter.

Anyway, Saturday won't get that warm. 50-51 is the warmest I can picture.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

It was a joke, although admittedly the upcoming wane of inversion season is never a laughing matter.

Anyway, Saturday won't get that warm. 50-51 is the warmest I can picture.

You seem to want to shave a few days off of it every year so I wasn't sure. ;)

• Like 1

Rob... does Tropical Tidbits load slowly for you?   

It does for me.   And now this page loads more slowly with Tropical Tidbits images here.   Its really frustrating.  

Tim, sometimes Tropical Tidbits is slower and sometimes Pivotal is slower. Tonight Pivotal is running a bit behind Tidbits. It can be a tad frustrating ya.

00z GFS still showing some decent wind gust for the Northern Willamete Valley and coast on Thursday.

Frontal Rainsquall!
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

A month either side of the solstice is primetime. Not a difficult concept...

It's a little easier to get inversion 1 1/2 months after the solstice (February 3-4) than 1 1/2 months before (November 6-7).  In the first week of November it's still not too tough to get into the 60s with sunshine and a mild airmass.  But in most years, not until the latter half of February that widespread 60s start to become readily attainable. 

THe first run images are not cached on a CDN, and with everyone drooling over each new run, can get hammered for a bit.

It loads very quickly every time on my phone... but sometimes takes forever on my laptop.  Its something wrong with my laptop.  

Awesome. A return to split flow!

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Forgive me. But I do appreciate his input. Keep throwing the knowledge around Phil.

Thank you. I do my best, but unfortunately, sometimes my best isn’t good enough.

I wish more people would make winter forecasts. It would help redistribute the criticism a bit. :P

• Like 3

Awesome. A return to split flow!

Yeah... but there are hundreds of chances of lowland snow on the 00Z GFS and when high pressure builds in there will be 3-4 feet of snow on the ground in Seattle and Portland and the cold air will lock in.   B)

Haha WOW. Bama kicker pulled a Ray Finkle! Missed the easiest, chip shot FG ever! I gotta favor Georgia in OT!

LACES OUT!

--

00z ECMWF in 51 minutes

Seahawks are already on the phone trying to sign him!  

Thank you. I do my best, but unfortunately, sometimes my best isn’t good enough.

I wish more people would make winter forecasts. It would help redistribute the criticism a bit. :P

Your detail in your forecasting is amazing and your passion is clear. I Enjoy everything you bring to the table here.
  • Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Your detail in your forecasting is amazing and your passion is clear. I Enjoy everything you bring to the table here.

Thank you. I really do appreciate it.