1/10 - 1/11 Possible Severe Frontal Passage with intense snow showers

clintbeed1993

I got about 1.5" at my place. Meanwhile 20 miles to my East got nearly 5".

Gee, local areas where population is not too heavy saw a good burst of snow.  So what?  Has such a thing never occurred before?

This storm will be remembered as one thing and as one thing only, a bust of the most extraordinary proportions; and nothing else.

I also want to go on the record and say that all those posts last night attacking me and wishing death on me were a disgrace.

I playfully joke around with people and make pleasant satirical comments; that any intelligent person could plainly see are just kidding around.

But to wish death and all those other terrible things said about me; that was a disgrace.

• Like 6

I also want to go on the record and say that all those posts last night attacking me and wishing death on me were a disgrace.

I playfully joke around with people and make pleasant satirical comments; that any intelligent person could plainly see are just kidding around.

But to wish death and all those other terrible things said about me; that was a disgrace.

I agree completely. Too many snowflakes in here, not enough falling from the sky!!

• Like 2

I would hope that person that was doing that would no longer be allowed to be a member on this forum. I couldn't believe what he was saying :(

• Like 1

Yeah personal attacks are really uncalled for on here.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Yeah personal attacks are really uncalled for on here.

Mods should really mod harder around here. This forum is going downhill fast with all the bickering, complaining, etc. AmWx is tighter on that, which makes it more pleasant. All the whining and bickering adds NOTHING to any sort of discussion period. There is a complaining thread for a reason and there is a handful of posters that feel like they can just complain whenever and wherever they want.

• Like 1

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

I got about 1.5" at my place. Meanwhile 20 miles to my East got nearly 5".

What side of lincoln are you on that you recorded

that? I do snow removal all over Lincoln and the most I could measure was .75-1” If I was lucky. Most of the south facing buildings had so pretty good 3-6” drifts but that’s about the most I could find.

Guest Snowball

Tabitha, I apologize for going at you like that. Not sure why I got all bent out of shape. I don't recall wishing death on anybody. I usually just enjoy reading everybody's posts. I won't attack anybody on this forum again. Again I aoplogize

• Like 1

Mods should really mod harder around here. This forum is going downhill fast with all the bickering, complaining, etc. AmWx is tighter on that, which makes it more pleasant. All the whining and bickering adds NOTHING to any sort of discussion period. There is a complaining thread for a reason and there is a handful of posters that feel like they can just complain whenever and wherever they want.

I did my job and deleted the comments.

• Like 1

I did my job and deleted the comments.

I know that, and thanks. But I'm talking about laying a heavier hand on complaining and fighting in threads where it shouldn't be, keep that in the complaining thread. Not only that, but pointless weenie posts primarily from 3 or 4 people in particular like "**** this storm, and this winter -- looks like no snow here again. Congrats xxxxxx on your snow, can't wait to get the broom out again. What a joke and waste of my time lol." all the while 3-5 days out. It not only gets old, but makes the board look bad. It's just stuff that you don't see on other boards, but see here for some reason.

• Like 1

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

What side of lincoln are you on that you recorded

that? I do snow removal all over Lincoln and the most I could measure was .75-1” If I was lucky. Most of the south facing buildings had so pretty good 3-6” drifts but that’s about the most I could find.

Far Southeast side. North side has noticeably less.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I’m going with 3” here. Impossible to measure. Some nice drifts around 5-6”.

Kinda funny but MPX said before this storm that they’re going to start grading themselves on their storm forecasts. I wonder what grade they’ll give themselves. They predicted 3-5” Wed, then dropped it down to 1” this morning. We ended somewhere near their original amount.

• Like 2

The person in question has been banned. Death threats and just being an outright ******* isn't tolerated. This is a place to discuss and enjoy the weather, and if you have a problem with one particular poster to just post crap that does little to inspire faith in humanity, then you have no place in this community.

Thank you very much for that. Tabitha and I have had our disagreements but the stuff that he posted about her was very uncalled for. Tabitha handled him well and to that I give her credit.

• Like 1

Omg.....death threats??! I never saw any of that. Yup.....not cool and should be banned for sure. My God.....its weather. Why do ppl get mad at someone else just cuz they are in the jack zone, etc?? Its not that person's fault. Geez. You should be happy for that person. We all get our turn eventually.

Omg.....death threats??! I never saw any of that. Yup.....not cool and should be banned for sure. My God.....its weather. Why do ppl get mad at someone else just cuz they are in the jack zone, etc?? Its not that person's fault. Geez. You should be happy for that person. We all get our turn eventually.

You haven't heard of the OmaDome haven't you?

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/