June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

What kind of t-storm coverage does it show for the northern Oregon Cascades? We are hiking west of Mt. Hood currently.

Through 5 p.m.

ecmwf_precip_06_washington_3.png

5 - 11 p.m.

ecmwf_precip_06_washington_4.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Here is the rain from the day 9 and 10 system... I am sure there will be another inch or more in my area with a c-zone.   

Never have to worry about rain here.   ;)

Also notice how VIS's location is in a small area of no rain at all up there.   I wonder why he cheers for rain and I don't?    :lol:

ecmwf_precip_120_washington_41.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

One of the stronger troughing signals you’ll see on the long range 12z EPS. That’s -5.8C @ D14..you rarely see those green contours outside the Baffin Bay/Greenland area nowadays.

CXRsZky.png

• Like 3

North skies getting active looking. May end up with some convection late this afternoon.

My last actual storm day was 05/24th but this area got very close to a couple earlier this month.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

One of the stronger troughing signals you’ll see on the long range 12z EPS. That’s -5.8C @ D14..you rarely see those green contours outside the Baffin Bay/Greenland area nowadays.

CXRsZky.png

Wish we could have those anomalies in Dec-Jan.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Not sure what that kind of departure means for your backyard in Maryland, but here at the end of June, that will keep a lot of people from doing what they want to do outdoors, so congratulations on your awesome troughing signal... :mellow:

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Not sure what that kind of departure means for your backyard in Maryland, but here at the end of June, that will keep a lot of people from doing what they want to do outdoors, so congratulations on your awesome troughing signal... :mellow:

You’d see highs in the 60s. What’s wrong with that?

Hard to get nicer, actually.

You’d see highs in the 60s. What’s wrong with that?

Hard to get nicer, actually.

Low 60's with a gloomy, unrelenting cloud deck topped off with some drizzle/showers, can't wait!

Oh, I forgot, everybody likes that kind of summer weather.

Low 60's with a gloomy, unrelenting cloud deck topped off with some drizzle/showers, can't wait!

Have you enjoyed the last 4 summers? While I like pleasant weather this time of year, it would be nice to prevent a second year of Silent Hill in the valley.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Have you enjoyed the last 4 summers? While I like pleasant weather this time of year, it would be nice to prevent a second year of Silent Hill in the valley.

If everyday would be like today, I'd be good with that.  Big difference between that and B grade horror movie summers...

If everyday would be like today, I'd be good with that. Big difference between that and B grade horror movie summers...

Depending on how old you are, it’s possible you’ve never even experienced a truly cool and wet summer on a regional level as an adult or adolescent.

We always seem to have a trough in late June or early July.    It probably won't be too bad and we will need the rain.   And by time it arrives... we will likely be tracking the next warm spell.   ;)

Depending on how old you are, it’s possible you’ve never even experienced a truly cool and wet summer on a regional level as an adult or adolescent.

What do you mean by this?  Below average with marine layers and drizzle every day?  I don't recall a summer like that...  There were a few years I lived out of state in the early 90's, so...

I'm 43...

Also I wasn't here for most of summers 07, 08, 09...

What do you mean by this? Below average with marine layers and drizzle every day? I don't recall a summer like that... There were a few years I lived out of state in the early 90's, so...

I'm 43...

Also I wasn't here for most of summers 07, 08, 09...

43?? I was way off.

It's about to rain at Tim's!

You must not know where I live.

And that band will break up.

It's quite sunny here... some clouds to the east.

Here is the rain from the day 9 and 10 system... I am sure there will be another inch or more in my area with a c-zone.   

Never have to worry about rain here.   ;)

Also notice how VIS's location is in a small area of no rain at all up there.   I wonder why he cheers for rain and I don't?    :lol:

ecmwf_precip_120_washington_41.png

Yuck, this area just can't catch a break. Sunny and warm here again today, like I'm sure it will be every day for the next 2 weeks, things are already turning brown across much of the south island.

It is breaking up now, but I bet you still get a sprinkle out of it.

We are out working on our dry river bed... but I think I did feel one drop. Could have been sweat though. :)

Sun is still shining.

It hope it won't be too bad and we will need the rain. And by time it arrives... I hope we will already be tracking the next warm spell. If not..I’m gonna go on an epic rant that puts all of Phil’s to shame.

Translated.

You must not know where I live. It’s always raining here. Duh.

And that band will break up. Or at least I hope it will. It had better break up. I swear...it NEEDS to break up NOW d*mmit.

It's quite sunny here... some clouds to the east. If it rains...ugh. I swear. No. Just no. NO!

• Like 1

You must not know where I live. It’s always raining here. Duh.

And that band will break up. Or at least I hope it will. It had better break up. I swear...it NEEDS to break up NOW d*mmit.

It's quite sunny here... some clouds to the east. If it rains...ugh. I swear. No. Just no. NO!

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.