June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude.

You are making sh*t up now to vent your own frustrations with your own weather based on your own preferences.

I understand that. I get very annoyed too when its not pleasant to be outside for long stretches based on my own preferences.

But nobody on here complains about 75-degree sunshine and low humidity. Hell... I was saying that last weekend was fairly decent with highs in the low 60s and alternating sun and downpours.

You are just ranting about nothing because you want to rant.

I’m referring mostly to Farmboy/Heatsquall openly rooting for heatwaves. You don’t do that directly but I know you would prefer 110*F to 65*F. You just don’t say it publicly.

And yes, of course I’m venting. It does drive me nuts when I open up the NWS forecast for Everett and see beautiful mid-70s highs forecasted everyday out to oblivion, and then I come here and you guys are b*tching because it’s not 95*F with wildfires all over the place.

Gaaaaah.

• Like 1

OT, but I found out I have a big retaining wall job on Monday..and low and behold, the HiRes ECMWF has a high of 99*F that day with a dewpoint of 78*F. With near maximum solar angles.

Bloody motherf**ker. I’ll lose my s**t if anyone complains about 75*F highs on here again.

Rent a flood light, do the work overnight...

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

I’m referring mostly to Farmboy/Heatsquall openly rooting for heatwaves. You don’t do that directly but I know you would prefer 110*F to 65*F. You just don’t say it publicly.

And yes, of course I’m venting. It does drive me nuts when I open up the NWS forecast for Everett and see beautiful mid-70s highs forecasted everyday out to oblivion, and then I come here and you guys are b*tching because it’s not 95*F with wildfires all over the place.

Gaaaaah.

For the record... I would choose 65 over 110 every single time.

And Everett is always much cooler in warm patterns.   I have no complaints about this though...

Screenshot_20180615-100258_Google.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Made it into the 40s again this morning. 47.

Looking like low 90s by Wednesday.

gfs_T2m_nwus_23.png

Then a few degrees cooler for Thursday.

gfs_T2m_nwus_27.png

Friday looks like the marine push comes in.

gfs_T2m_nwus_31.png

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

And some people cheer for heat waves because its something different and we know it will not last long.    

We don't live in DC.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Says the guy who will cancel a camping trip if daytime highs looks to be below 85. :lol:

Lots of intentional straw man trolling today!  

Making up weather preferences for other members and ranting against what you just made up.

Everyone here does it.

Lots of intentional straw man trolling today!

Making up weather preferences for other members and ranting against what you just made up.

Everyone here does it.

Yes, you do it constantly.

And that is from an actual discussion in reference to Memorial Day weekend.

Made it into the 40s again this morning. 47.

Looking like low 90s by Wednesday.

Then a few degrees cooler for Thursday.

Friday looks like the marine push comes in.

That looks pretty perfect. I don’t like how warm the Euro was though.

Sure... above average and dry overall since mid April.    Although SEA is running colder than normal for June at the half-way point. 

Yep, a brief 2 week stretch of minor troughing in a sea of dry warmth. Unless things shift big-time towards the end of the month, it's looking pretty likely June ends up warm overall for the region.

A forum for the end of the world.

And some people cheer for heat waves because its something different and we know it will not last long.    

We don't live in DC.   

I enjoy the Pacific Northwest brand of heat waves not the Eastern style ones. I never wish it to go much past 90.

Looking forward to 80s again.

• Like 2

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Rent a flood light, do the work overnight...

You have no idea how this works, do you?

1) Stone saws are loud af. It would wake up the entire family of the client, and probably the entire neighborhood.

2) You need to be able to see everything you’re doing..if you mark and/or cut the stones incorrectly, even by a tiny fraction of a centimeter, you open up a gap between the stones that allows moisture and thermal variability into the structure, which can/will compromise it in a number of ways. Can’t use adhesive to fill it because it won’t hold form until it dries, and even then it doesn’t hold form when supporting a heavy weight load.

3) It doesn’t really cool down here at night. We’ll probably be in the 90s until midnight, and the heat index will remain at/above 95*F until 3-4AM.

In aggregate with the above it’s simply not a plausible solution.

Gaaaaah.

Of course, people are allowed to root for whatever the hell they want on here. Openly or not.

A forum for the end of the world.

Of course, people are allowed to root for whatever the hell they want on here. Openly or not.

Of course. And I have a right to openly express my feelings about it. I just find it to be exceptionally naive and silly. That’s all. :)

I enjoy the Pacific Northwest brand of heat waves not the Eastern style ones. I never wish it to go much past 90.

Looking forward to 80s again.

Exactly... we are not basing our opinions on Phil's weather.     :rolleyes:

Do you hike and backpack when it is in the high 90s and triple digits?

I’m actually curious...

A couple trips have coincided with hot spells (not intentionally). 5,000-6,000 elevations can be very nice during those times...

Very pleasantly warm...

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Euro looking a bit more Jesse-friendly.

Big time.

Next Thursday went from the mid 90s on the 00Z run to the upper 70s on the 12Z run... and Friday is even cooler. 

Pretty crazy how inconsistent the models have been with the magnitude of the heat next week. To be expected with a meandering ULL dictating the pattern I suppose.

Yep... minor 500mb changes have huge impacts locally in this pattern.

Maybe a little welcome rain coming in by the end of the 12Z ECMWF run.

It would be nice to have a soaking rain in there before the 4th of July activities.

I haven’t heard that one yet.

Don't look up the sex tape.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope