Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

11 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Apparently the quote DeSantis used to announce his dropping out video was never actually said by Winston Churchill. A fitting end to a disastrous campaign.

https://winstonchurchill.org/publications/finest-hour/finest-hour-136/media-matters/

I'm so bummed he didn't do better.  He is such an awesome governor.  He got a lot of Democrats to vote for him in 2020 and he governs very conservatively.  I'm glad he dropped out here before things got worse.  I think he still has a bright future.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Deep low over the NW Pacific on the GEFS.  Very good to see.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Hmmmmm.

1707048000-nSEcAva9Vuo.png

• Confused 1
  • Popcorn 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

5 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Try googling women that celebrate their abortions.

You do sound pretty reasonable on the subject though.

Upon a cursory search, I am not seeing anything that fits your claim other than that Ben Shapiro TiKTok story, but since I loathe the miserable little twerp, I made sure not to click on it.  I am sure there are a few, but those women are either nuts or dealing with it in an odd way that they will have to work through.

I'll rephrase: No normal woman celebrates having an abortion.

3 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Actually the dead babies are the ones that are losing.

I hope we are at least headed for putting some reasonable restrictions on abortion.  Obviously the outright bans on it aren't going to fly.

There's been some cases where women wanted to get an abortion and then when they saw an ultrasound, they changed their minds. Requiring an ultrasound would cause the abortion industry to lose a lot of money though.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Apparently the quote DeSantis used to announce his dropping out video was never actually said by Winston Churchill. A fitting end to a disastrous campaign.

https://winstonchurchill.org/publications/finest-hour/finest-hour-136/media-matters/

Churchill is so often misquoted that that organization has a page devoted to debunking the most common misquotations.

https://winstonchurchill.org/resources/quotes/quotes-falsely-attributed/

It's called clown range for a reason.

1 hour ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

If I were a true libertarian I would be against laws the government makes about theft.

But I guess according to the abortion up to birth crowd, you were a nobody that suddenly became a somebody (presto chango) the exact second you came out of your birthing person's body and the umbilical cord was cut. Pretty similar to how during the pandemic people had to wear a mask walking into the restaurant but were no longer considered superspreaders once they sat down at the table. Presto chango.

Which sort of doesn't jibe with what one of your fellow conservatives here claimed:

Republicans always strive to reduce regulations and taxes and Democrats always strive to increase those two things.

Because of course it's not the case. Conservatism is not libertarianism, and it is silly to argue as if it were. Which was my point of bringing up abortion.

It's called clown range for a reason.

2 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Try googling women that celebrate their abortions.

You do sound pretty reasonable on the subject though.

Reminds me of NRA circle jerks where they romanticize weapons of mass destruction. It all just comes down to how you want to frame an issue…

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

5 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

There's been some cases where women wanted to get an abortion and then when they saw an ultrasound, they changed their minds. Requiring an ultrasound would cause the abortion industry to lose a lot of money though.

Ultrasounds and imaging make women realize what their body is doing.  Making life.  

However, there is a group that use abortion as alternative birth control.  
I’ve read some having 12+ abortions. Damaging their own health. 

Why don’t we fund birth control methods and reduce this abortion demand instead?
Then perhaps “family planning” centers will actually do as they claim they do. 

• Like 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Who knew I’d be supportive of Fetterman?!  
Survival makes strange friends and he sees it as survival or existential in a sense of our national family. In light of Germany rising up against the social problems and economic crisis created by the influx of middle eastern migrants, I think we need to rethink this   

I keep praying for record cold in these big cities north of Okla where so many migrants sought to go to. They KNOW  Abbott will send them home. Texas has had a gut full.

Trump is the only candidate that will solve this.  I’m NO MAGA person and I can’t bear his rattling on and on, but the man gets it done and our enemies think twice before they cause trouble.  We need a national breather. 
The nation needs a leg up. 
Haley won’t scare China, Russia, or put So America/Mexico back in its place.  

Hold your nose and vote because Biden and his cronies, like Mayorkis, is F-ing things up faster than we can fix it. 

And can you manage any more inflation?  Yeah.  
Me either.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12987479/John-Fetterman-migrant-crisis-American-dream-border.html

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

This is actually real, Putin thinks the sale of Alaska is illegal and Alaska belongs to Russia. Even going as far as saying that Alaska is "Occupied" by the USA. Good luck to invading Alaska, because you will be messing with the ENTIRE USA

Putin needs to die soon, he is losing his sanity.

• lol 1
  • Facepalm 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

🫣😄

Nice try.  Good luck with that Vlad.  

PS. Think he may be after the oil and strategic proximity.   That boat won’t sail.  

FYI  -  Just 1 year’s stats.  
Who the hell ARE all these people?

Friend or Foe?

image.thumb.png.1053f0e2fe921b7bf62d4003720bda0d.png

Don't like Nikki? Don't think she'd be good as President? Well, God Emperor Trump thought she was amazing. Don't take my word for it, take his:

"She's been doing an awfully good job for us. She's representing America very well as our ambassador to the UN. She's doing a spectacular job."

"She's an extraordinary person, a good person."

"You've been fantastic. You're my friend. And I just - on behalf of the country, I want to thank you for a great job."

"She's been very special to me. She's done an incredible job. She's a fantastic person."

"She's somebody who just gets it."

"She was very successful as the governor of South Carolina for eight years."

"But she's done a fantastic job, we've done a fantastic job together. We've solved a lot of problems."

"I can speak on behalf of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo - he thinks the world of Nikki."

"We're happy for you in one way (in regards to her resignation), but we hate to lose you. Hopefully you'll come back at some point, maybe in a different capacity. You can have your pick."

"That was really the thing I think she did best at the UN - she got to know the players. She got to know China, Russia, India... She knows everybody on a very first name basis. And they like her. They do, they really like her. They respect her."

"We will miss you. You've just done a fantastic job, I just want to thank you very much."

For somebody who said he would "only hire the best people for the job" I'm surprised he would hire someone like Haley who is a secret, undercover Democrat who actually wants to destroy this country and everything conservatives stand for. Shouldn't he have known that she really is just Hillary Clinton in disguise? Shouldn't he have known that she supports the Democrats secret pedophile ring through the DC pizza shop? Shouldn't he have known that she is just another aspect of the war-monger neocon machine?

Either Trump isn't good at hiring people like he said he was or MAGA is just making shit up about her now because she's running against him. Which one is it, @Stormy?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Don't like Nikki? Don't think she'd be good as President? Well, God Emperor Trump thought she was amazing. Don't take my word for it, take his:

"She's been doing an awfully good job for us. She's representing America very well as our ambassador to the UN. She's doing a spectacular job."

"She's an extraordinary person, a good person."

"You've been fantastic. You're my friend. And I just - on behalf of the country, I want to thank you for a great job."

"She's been very special to me. She's done an incredible job. She's a fantastic person."

"She's somebody who just gets it."

"She was very successful as the governor of South Carolina for eight years."

"But she's done a fantastic job, we've done a fantastic job together. We've solved a lot of problems."

"I can speak on behalf of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo - he thinks the world of Nikki."

"We're happy for you in one way (in regards to her resignation), but we hate to lose you. Hopefully you'll come back at some point, maybe in a different capacity. You can have your pick."

"That was really the thing I think she did best at the UN - she got to know the players. She got to know China, Russia, India... She knows everybody on a very first name basis. And they like her. They do, they really like her. They respect her."

"We will miss you. You've just done a fantastic job, I just want to thank you very much."

1 minute ago, hawkstwelve said:

For somebody who said he would "only hire the best people for the job" I'm surprised he would hire someone like Haley who is a secret, undercover Democrat who actually wants to destroy this country and everything conservatives stand for. Shouldn't he have known that she really is just Hillary Clinton in disguise? Shouldn't he have known that she supports the Democrats secret pedophile ring through the DC pizza shop? Shouldn't he have known that she is just another aspect of the war-monger neocon machine?

Either Trump isn't good at hiring people like he said he was or MAGA is just making up about her now because she's running against him. Which one is it, @Stormy?

It all makes sense when everything in Trump's world is transactional.  I am sure there are plenty of those in MAGA-ville who understand this as well.  They just don't care.  The ends justify the means.

And then there are those who will drink the Kool-Aid no matter who is handing it out.

15 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Actually the dead babies are the ones that are losing.

I hope we are at least headed for putting some reasonable restrictions on abortion.  Obviously the outright bans on it aren't going to fly.

There are very few sociopolitical issues I actually care about, but abortion is definitely up there. I genuinely do not know how they have convinced themselves that they have the moral high ground here.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

15 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

At least he was trying not to plagiarize. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

5 hours ago, Andie said:

FYI  -  Just 1 year’s stats.  
Who the hell ARE all these people?

Friend or Foe?

image.thumb.png.1053f0e2fe921b7bf62d4003720bda0d.png

THEY R REFUGEESSSSS

10 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

This is actually real, Putin thinks the sale of Alaska is illegal and Alaska belongs to Russia. Even going as far as saying that Alaska is "Occupied" by the USA. Good luck to invading Alaska, because you will be messing with the ENTIRE USA

Putin has spent the past 2 years making Hitler look like Einstein.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

13 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

UPDATE: It's actually fake, surprised it took that long to confirm it was faked

Just so we are all on the same page. Trump has recently said...

- Biden would start WW2

- He was leading Obama in election polls

- Haley blocked the security in the Capitol on J6

- Confused the leaders of Hungary and Turkey

Not equating Biden with Trump as I don't think they are in the same league. But think of where Biden was just a few short years ago (very similar to the above, which people just wrote off as 'Biden gaffes') and where he is now. There is no reason to think Trump wouldn't follow the same path. It's kind of what happens when you get old.

And therein lies the point: Are two 80+ year olds who are riddled with investigations and are both showing mental decline to varying degrees really the best that America has to offer? Really? 

Tomorrow NH has a chance, however small that may be, to put an end to this freaking madness and choose a more sane approach. I sure hope they make the right decision.

• Like 2

I think the country desperately wants to move forward. My budget can’t strain much more.  
When people up north are freaking about the southern border you know you’re in new territory.  
Biden has been asleep at the switch.  If he wins the Presidency, there’s a rat in the pile.  
Haley will give them a good race to nomination- win or lose - if it’s fair. 

7 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

- Biden would start WW2

Not equating Biden with Trump as I don't think they are in the same league. But think of where Biden was just a few short years ago (very similar to the above, which people just wrote off as 'Biden gaffes') and where he is now. There is no reason to think Trump wouldn't follow the same path. It's kind of what happens when you get old.

And therein lies the point: Are two 80+ year olds who are riddled with investigations and are both showing mental decline to varying degrees really the best that America has to offer? Really? 

Tomorrow NH has a chance, however small that may be, to put an end to this freaking madness and choose a more sane approach. I sure hope they make the right decision.

You're such a bleeding liberal.

- Dewey

Is this a good idea to get the UN involved in Texas? Or will this start a war since they don't like Government involvement? (Note the latter is an extreme case, but global tensions are high)

LGBTQ Advocates Urge The United Nations To Intervene In Texas (msn.com)

10 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

- Biden would start WW2

Does making up questions he took and bragging about passing a really easy cognitive test, seemingly overcompensating for something, also count for cognitive decline?

https://wapo.st/3vRSa40

Biden beats Trump by almost eight points in PA in latest poll.

I hope I am wrong but I have a strong feeling Trump will comfortably win NH tonight and although Nikki says she plans to stay in through Super Tuesday, barring any unforeseen miracles, the primary will pretty much be over unless she can pull within 10 points in 2nd place. 

Ultimately, MAGA Republicans will have no room to bitch when Trump loses in the general in November. Hopefully his 4th loss in a row will shake the party enough to finally move on from this loser. I'll try my best to not say "I f*cking told you so, idiots" when we are staring down the barrel of a (pukes in my mouth) Kamala Harris presidency. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

I hope I am wrong but I have a strong feeling Trump will comfortably win NH tonight and although Nikki says she plans to stay in through Super Tuesday, barring any unforeseen miracles, the primary will pretty much be over unless she can pull within 10 points in 2nd place. 

Ultimately, MAGA Republicans will have no room to ***** when Trump loses in the general in November. Hopefully his 4th loss in a row will shake the party enough to finally move on from this loser. I'll try my best to not say "I f*cking told you so, idiots" when we are staring down the barrel of a (pukes in my mouth) Kamala Harris presidency. 

What I don't get is how that happens when Biden's approval rating is currently LOWER than Trump's at this time!

And even right now! By a huge margin!
Screenshot2024-01-23104232.png.dc04db09a5261a61bc0fc9529b508f11.png
Screenshot2024-01-23104241.png.cf0dfb8938e7a84c5754c925eae410c5.png

Sources
Donald Trump : Favorability Polls | FiveThirtyEight
How Popular Is Joe Biden? | FiveThirtyEight

22 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

What I don't get is how that happens when Biden's approval rating is currently LOWER than Trump's at this time!

And even right now! By a huge margin!
Screenshot2024-01-23104232.png.dc04db09a5261a61bc0fc9529b508f11.png
Screenshot2024-01-23104241.png.cf0dfb8938e7a84c5754c925eae410c5.png

Sources
Donald Trump : Favorability Polls | FiveThirtyEight
How Popular Is Joe Biden? | FiveThirtyEight

It's not rocket science at this point: People aren't voting for Biden, they are voting against Trump. Biden's approval rating could sit at 5% and it still wouldn't matter. The unadulterated hatred that Democrats have for Trump paired with mass amounts of independent voters who really don't like him means Trump loses, again, for the fourth time in a row.

Perhaps if the Republican primary voters went with someone other than Trump than Biden's approval rating would actually mean something as we could actually run against it. Unfortunately, it appears our broken primary system will fail us yet again and Republicans will be losers yet again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

It's not rocket science at this point: People aren't voting for Biden, they are voting against Trump. Biden's approval rating could sit at 5% and it still wouldn't matter. The unadulterated hatred that Democrats have for Trump paired with mass amounts of independent voters who really don't like him means Trump loses, again, for the fourth time in a row.

Perhaps if the Republican primary voters went with someone other than Trump than Biden's approval rating would actually mean something as we could actually run against it. Unfortunately, it appears our broken primary system will fail us yet again and Republicans will be losers yet again.

There is the irrational fear from the Democrats that the 3rd Party will give Trump the victory by "Stealing votes"

Just now, Iceresistance said:

There is the irrational fear from the Democrats that the 3rd Party will give Trump the victory by "Stealing votes"

There is that fear every four years and every four years it proves to be misplaced. I would say that this cycle has some of the highest likelihood for a third party candidate to do better than expected but unfortunately in this country it's nearly impossible to break the two-party system, even with a record high of 43% of Americans now identifying as Independents. RFK Jr. will undoubtedly steal some votes from both sides but it ultimately won't matter, like usual. 

35 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Ultimately, MAGA Republicans will have no room to ***** when Trump loses in the general in November. Hopefully his 4th loss in a row will shake the party enough to finally move on from this loser. I'll try my best to not say "I f*cking told you so, idiots" when we are staring down the barrel of a (pukes in my mouth) Kamala Harris presidency. 

It's hard to take you seriously when you cherry pick the worst polls for Trump. You are constantly posting polls showing him and Haley in a dead heat in NH. Straight from the Drudge Report who is an obvious case of TDS. 

Before this outlier poll was released Trump had a 0.3% lead in the RCP average in PA. Most recent polls are within the margin of error on either side. I do think PA will be tough if not impossible for Trump to win. On the other hand Trump has been dominating most recent polls from Michigan, to the point where national news outlets have declared Biden has a "Michigan problem," but I don't see you publicizing those polls. 

Trump also has a solid lead in Nevada right now, a state he lost twice in the general election. At this point Trump has solid leads in AZ, NV, MI, NC, and GA among the battle ground states. It's essentially a tossup in WI and PA, I'd say Biden has a clear edge in PA, but WI is probably going to be extremely close. 

Also recent polling puts Trump ahead by 15% in Maine's 2nd congressional district. 

• Like 1

No description available.

• Thanks 1