Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

7 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

One great thing he did is implement an executive order to cut two regulations for every one new regulation that was enacted.  Kind of circumventing the swamp I guess.  I did read one article about him taking an ax to one of the bureaucracies during his term.  Can't remember which one or the details.  Overall, I was just too frustrated with the stupid Republican House stabbing him in the back every chance they got.

And the Democrats taking advantage too

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

12 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Just as a reminder for those who weren't around here back then and think I'm just some closet Democrat, like Andrew wants to paint me as: I was a huge Trump supporter in 2016 (and I reluctantly voted for him again in 2020). I was onboard the #TrumpTrain from the moment it left the station in 2015. I thought we had a chance to get a political outsider into DC who would just blow stuff up, which I thought we needed. Instead we got a weak-minded, narcissistic, egotistical moron who couldn't get out of his own way. I liked many of the policies he put into place but good Lord Almighty every policy win was completely overshadowed by whatever crazy crap he said that day.

If I had to look back on a 'last straw' moment it was probably when he went after General Mattis, calling him the "world's most overrated general" simply because Mattis came out and said some stuff about Trump that he didn't like. Like seriously dude?! You are going to question the patriotism of someone who has been in the military for almost their entire life while you got out of the draft because of "bone spurs" in your heel? Get the hell outta here with that.

General Mattis certainly turned into an incredible disappointment. 

5 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

We also need to find a way to get MTG out

Yeah, she is overzealous, but it's interesting how the left and their media lapdogs employee extremely sexist tropes against her. 

11 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Trump in 2016: "I alone can fix Washington DC."

Trump in 2020: "I alone can fix Washington DC."

Trump in 2024: "Send me back. I alone can fix Washington DC."

Sooner or later, you have to realize that either he alone can't do diddly squat or he is straight up lying to you. In agreement with your second point, it's apparent that the swamp will never be drained but he didn't really try, now did he? To frame Trump as some sort of anti-swamp hero, like Stormy was trying to do, is just completely false. He is now as much a part of the swamp as anybody else in that town.

Trump always was and always has been a mascot. He's an avatar for working class rage. Him calling out the elites is more than we've ever had anyone stand up for us before. We know he's just one man, but he's willing to sacrifice his own comfort for us. He's given up everything to stand up for the working class, he isn't one of us, he didn't have to do that, but he did. So do I think he is ridiculous, of course, but at the same time I have to recognize he's the only person willing to stand up and fight for people like me. 

Also I would add. The media is trying to scare us about how Trump would dismantle a number of federal agencies if he is elected. Sounds like draining the swamp to me. They say he has a plan to really do it this time, you believe every terrible thing you read or hear about Trump in the media, but you don't believe that? 

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

18 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

General Mattis certainly turned into an incredible disappointment. 

Yeah, she is overzealous, but it's interesting how the left and their media lapdogs employee extremely sexist tropes against her. 

Trump always was and always has been a mascot. He's an avatar for working class rage. Him calling out the elites is more than we've ever had anyone stand up for us before. We know he's just one man, but he's willing to sacrifice his own comfort for us. He's given up everything to stand up for the working class, he isn't one of us, he didn't have to do that, but he did. So do I think he is ridiculous, of course, but at the same time I have to recognize he's the only person willing to stand up and fight for people like me. 

Also I would add. The media is trying to scare us about how Trump would dismantle a number of federal agencies if he is elected. Sounds like draining the swamp to me. They say he has a plan to really do it this time, you believe every terrible thing you read or hear about Trump in the media, but you don't believe that? 

Good points.  He learned a lot in his first term that he will be able to use to create a plan to get what he wants this time.  You are no doubt correct he could have just dropped all of this stuff and lived the rest of his life in peace but he didn't.

The bureaucracies shouldn't have been created in the first place so axing many of them is fine with me.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

On 5/7/2024 at 2:31 PM, Hoosier said:

Seems like it was tough today for Stormy Daniels on cross-examination.  

Imagine when Michael Cohen takes the stand.  Hoo boy.

I'm not sure where you saw this.  By most accounts, she did pretty good.

And she seems to be doing even better today.

Daniels responds quickly to this particular line of questioning and has used at least one very memorable line: Necheles implies directly that she made up her story of sex with Trump. But if it weren’t true, Daniels replies, “I would have written it to be a lot better,” drawing laughter in the courtroom.

God I wish this was televised so we could see his face when she said that and heard the courtroom laughing at him....assuming he wasn't sleeping in his chair.

1 hour ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I'm not sure where you saw this.  By most accounts, she did pretty good.

And she seems to be doing even better today.

God I wish this was televised so we could see his face when she said that and heard the courtroom laughing at him....assuming he wasn't sleeping in his chair.

I'm mainly talking about how Trump's attorney got Stormy to admit that she hates Trump.  I'm not sure how the jury is going to take that.  

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

I'm mainly talking about how Trump's attorney got Stormy to admit that she hates Trump.  I'm not sure how the jury is going to take that.  

It’s a kangaroo court. They don’t have an option to have open eyes and ears!

• Weenie 1

LEFTIST LOGIC

1. Extremists from Group A blow up half the country causing massive injuries and death

2. Normal people retaliate by stereotyping all people with Group A's religion to be dangerous

3. Group A becomes part of the list of "oppressed" groups in Marxian intersectionality theory.

22 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

LEFTIST LOGIC

1. Extremists from Group A blow up half the country causing massive injuries and death

2. Normal people retaliate by stereotyping all people with Group A's religion to be dangerous

3. Group A becomes part of the list of "oppressed" groups in Marxian intersectionality theory.

Even your short posts are not making sense anymore.

• lol 1

3 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Even your short posts are not making sense anymore.

To rephrase it

1. Muslim extremists blow up 4 planes, destroy the World Trade Center and damage the Pentagon killing more than 3000 people

2. Normal people retaliate by stereotyping all Muslims to be dangerous

3. Muslims become part of the list of "oppressed" groups in Marxian intersectionality theory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

LEFTIST LOGIC

Sorry, not buying it. Religious bigotry is unacceptable no matter how many “normal” people engage in it.

I know that Israel has blown up more than half of Gaza, and that Israel is officially a Jewish state, but that still makes antisemitism wrong. I don’t care how many “normal” people engage in it.

It's called clown range for a reason.

Trump attorneys asking for a mistrial. Of course this corrupt judge will deny!

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Sorry, not buying it. Religious bigotry is unacceptable no matter how many “normal” people engage in it.

I know that Israel has blown up more than half of Gaza, and that Israel is officially a Jewish state, but that still makes antisemitism wrong. I don’t care how many “normal” people engage in it.

Why aren't protestors also angry about the war in Ukraine?

Why do the same people who cry "genocide" (even though the civilian to soldier death ratio in Gaza is about average for a typical war) want Israel completely annihilated "from the river to the sea"?

Why do Kendi and his cronies say that you only can be a racist if you're a member of more powerful oppresser group?

Why does the left claim they want equal outcome for everyone, but says all of the capitalists and anti-revolutionaries must be locked up, reeducated or killed?

What about equal outcome for unborn babies?

6 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Why aren't protestors also angry about the war in Ukraine?

Why do the same people who cry "genocide" (even though the civilian to soldier death ratio in Gaza is about average for a typical war) want Israel completely annihilated "from the river to the sea"?

Why do Kendi and his cronies say that you only can be a racist if you're a member of less powerful oppressed group?

Why does the left claim they want equal outcome for everyone, but says all of the capitalists and anti-revolutionaries must be locked up, reeducated or killed?

What about equal outcome for unborn babies?

Gee, I dunno. What about the East Timor genocide of the 1970’s and 80’s and the USA’s complicity in it via military aid to the Suharto dictatorship?

Can you stay on topic and avoid the diversionary tactics just for once?

7 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Gee, I dunno. What about the East Timor genocide of the 1970’s and 80’s and the USA’s complicity in it via military aid to the Suharto dictatorship?

Can you stay on topic and avoid the diversionary tactics just for once?

I didn't know that one existed, can I have a link about it?

Corrupt Judge Merchan should be thrown in a dungeon. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 7:47 AM, hawkstwelve said:

What are you even talking about dude? "Totally drained"? Remind me again: Did he drain any part of the swamp over the four years he was in office? For every Liz Cheney there is a Tim Scott. For every Mitt Romney there is an Elise Stefanik.

Again, he didn't drain . He just kicked out whoever wasn't loyal to him and replaced them with sycophants. Last I checked, that's not draining the swamp. That's just re-filling it with even more swampy creatures. 

You're so off the mark here.  The people he threw out were sell outs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

57 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Corrupt Judge Merchan should be thrown in a dungeon. 

No doubt the case will be appealed if Trump is convicted.  That's a huge if even with the trial being New York.  This judge is a total clown.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

8 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It should help him.  Hate can skew how a person testifies about somebody.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

8 hours ago, Hoosier said:

That is actually impressive

On 5/8/2024 at 5:39 PM, snow_wizard said:

Good.  We need to focus on the end game here.  MTG is just too impatient.  I'm pretty sure the Republicans would lose their House majority if we go through another Speaker fiasco.  I get her disgust with what is going on, but we need to be playing the long game.

They may lose it anyway. That RINO Mike Gallagher could've retired just a little sooner so they could have him replaced by another Republican. Many believe he waited a bit longer on purpose and I wouldn't be a bit surprised some RINO's want to give Dems control of the House before election day so that they can nullify the electoral vote via the 14th Amendment. He could've been bribed as well.

1 minute ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

I don't trust in anything that the Poison Ivy League schools say today, much like the left doesn't trust in anything Ben Shapiro says. 

Then back to reading the latter day analogues of Der Stürmer and Der Angriff, I guess.

13 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Not surprising that tradition-minded religious folks would find fascism appealing. Many do.

Interesting that leftist students support a far-right organization to dispose of a oppressor group. Wasn't it just a year ago I had a DEI presentation that said "Never again" about the Holocaust? 

13 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Interesting that leftist students support a far-right organization to dispose of a oppressor group. Wasn't it just a year ago I had a DEI presentation that said "Never again" about the Holocaust? 

Never Again!*

* Unless a valued ally does it, then it's just fine.

32 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Stop lying.

Actual Hamas support is very rare at the rallies.

There is a lot of anti-Israel sentiment (not surprising, at protests generated by opposition to Israeli policy), but very little actual pro-Hamas sentiment.

I know, I actually spent some time a few nights ago going through photos of rallies. I even focused on photos supplied by sources, like the Times of Israel, whose toast was buttered on the side of finding lots of juicy dirt on the Palestine solidarity movement. There simply wasn't much.

11 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Stop lying.

Actual Hamas support is very rare at the rallies.

There is a lot of anti-Israel sentiment (not surprising, at protests generated by opposition to Israeli policy), but very little actual pro-Hamas sentiment.

I know, I actually spent some time a few nights ago going through photos of rallies. I even focused on photos supplied by sources, like the Times of Israel, whose toast was buttered on the side of finding lots of juicy dirt on the Palestine solidarity movement. There simply wasn't much.

What about the Infatada banners and the "From the river to the sea..." posters and the Jewish students being attacked and the campus closures? I'd assume most of them are peaceful, but so were most of the January 6 protestors and some on the left are saying it was worse than 9/11/2001

2 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

What about the Infatada banners and the "From the river to the sea..." posters and the Jewish students being attacked and the campus closures? I'd assume most of them are peaceful, but so were most of the January 6 protestors.

Intifada literally means “uprising” in Arabic and thus can mean just about any sort of uprising, from peaceful to violent. Just like not all revolutions are violent, neither are all uprisings.

“From the river to the sea” is a phrase I personally disagree with, but it predates Hamas (it goes back nearly 60 years) so can hardly be considered an explicitly pro-Hamas statement.

If that’s the best you can do, you are making my point. If there really was widespread pro-Hamas sentiment, it would not be limited to such covert expressions. Overt, explicit expressions of such support would seep out and thus be common.

I'm a bit pissed off that Biden finally got his precious Ukraine aid package and then pulls the rug out from under Israel on that part of the bill.  Not too hard to imagine he planned that all along.  No way the House would have passed the legislation without the Israel piece.  Biden is a scoundrel.  No other way to put it.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

11 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

You're so off the mark here.  The people he threw out were sell outs.

Tim Scott is the embodiment of a sellout and yet Trump is seriously considering making him a VP. So that doesn't make sense.

Unless you mean he only threw out the sellouts who didn't worship at his feet? Which is, like, pretty much my entire point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawkstwelve said:

Tim Scott is the embodiment of a sellout and yet Trump is seriously considering making him a VP. So that doesn't make sense.

Unless you mean he only threw out the sellouts who didn't worship at his feet? Which is, like, pretty much my entire point.

Exactly.  It has nothing to do with who the person is.  The only litmus test is how much you love Trump.  And the sheep on here follow the same exact path.  "Don't like Trump? must be a horrible person!"

The fact that we have people on this forum sh*tting on Generals who have dedicated their lives to serving the country is completely insane.  No one could have predicted that.

I know Andrew and crew will eventually pretend none of this ever happened, but I will not forget. 

I know he isn't picking Noem for what she pulled

Scott has been prepping for a presidential run for almost a decade.   He teamed up with Trey Gowdy to begin to position himself for a run. Trey has been his unofficial campaign manager since.  
Not so sure about his being Presidential timber.  It takes a real individual to hold that office and Scott has been a quiet team player throughout.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

1 hour ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

The fact that we have people on this forum sh*tting on Generals who have dedicated their lives to serving the country is completely insane.  No one could have predicted that.

Mattis wouldn't have been my pick for Secretary of Defense. For one, I strongly prefer civilians in that role. The US military has always answered to a civilian government, and it should stay that way. A civilian SecDef can always bounce ideas off the Joint Chiefs of Staff (or take suggestions from them), so it doesn't imply operating in ignorance of how the military actually works.

That said, Mattis was obviously knowledgeable and qualified, and given how important the military (and the principle of civilian leadership, with the military staying out of politics) is, I fought battles on other hills. I found it reassuring that someone like Mattis was in the new Trump Administration; he was clearly one of Trump’s better picks.

But probably so by accident. I think the only reason Trump picked him is that he heard his nickname was “Mad Dog Mattis.” If he had known how well-educated, well-read, appreciative of soft power, and aware of the dangers of blowback Mattis was, he would never have for a second been considered for his role.

• Like 1

The man people on here are grovelling over.  Effing sad that half our country is apparently ok with this and thinks he deserves to be the one commanding our troops.  

"A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them,'" Kelly said of Trump. "A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family — for all Gold Star families — on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.”

He continued, “A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason — in expectation that someone will take action,” an apparent reference to Trump's recent statements about Army Gen. Mark Milley, who just retired as the chairman of the Joints Chief of Staff. “A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.”

Trump is very wrong here.   
He clearly never spent an hour with a serviceman that was injured. He didn’t hear their experience, their injuries, the love for country, or the having no regrets.   
Until you look them in the eye (probably through their tears)  then you just don’t get it.   

My father was a veteran. He was one that could talk of his experiences and he gave me a window into a world I could not have imagined.  
The first time I saw my Dad cry was regarding a close friend that died in a plane crash into the side of a mountain. Shot down  

So, people that are insensitive simply have not been forced to confront the cold reality and sacrifice of a friend’s violent death in a conflict not of their making. It isn’t all parades and music   

Trump needs to visit a Veteran hospital, stop talking, and …listen.  

Not his forte’.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*