2/23 - 2/24 Central Plains/Midwest Blizzard

Tom

Anyone wanna bet agst the Euro? Straight $$? 

I'll never forget when the Euro gave Lincoln 11" the night before the 1/22/18 blizzard. I'd rather be on the northern end than the southern end. 

Not with dry air it's seeing. As mentioned in many AFD this previous afternoon 

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Anyone wanna bet agst the Euro? Straight $$? 

Not with dry air it's seeing. As mentioned in many AFD this previous afternoon 

Yeah, because I'm sure you want it too happen, so its closer to you! haha. 

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

CAA drives Blizzards much more than WAA. Simple fact that cold air displaces warm air. Euro has seen this all along with very little wavering. RAP/HRRR/ NAM/RDPS vs. Euro? at this range - id' take the Euro. Too rock solid for the past 12 runs or so. I wish the best for everyone. Honestly- but the Euro IS the King for a reason and has been rock solid the past several storms. 

• Like 2

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

CAA drives Blizzards much more than WAA. Simple fact that cold air displaces warm air. Euro has seen this all along with very little wavering. RAP/HRRR/ NAM/RDPS vs. Euro? at this range - id' take the Euro. Too rock solid for the past 12 runs or so. I wish the best for everyone. Honestly- but the Euro IS the King for a reason and has been rock solid the past several storms. 

No, its not been this far south all week. this was a significant shift south last minute. For 5days now its had the axis from Lincoln to Omaha now its Falls City. 

I have no skin in this, but it’s hard to see the Euro catching onto a late last minute shift and being wrong. I mean, it can happen, but I wouldn’t bet against it, that’s for sure.

Yeah, but you gave nothing to support your reason behind this. Have you compared models and looked at radar? 

Euro has been the most consistent of all the models since 3 or 4 days ago. Minor adjustments here and there but certainly the most consistent. EVERYONE has biases. Us posters, TV mets, NWS mets....EVERYONE. And knowing the luck of this forum....it'll be no man's land that gets the most. Say from Falls city to Creston to Charles city Iowa. My apologies if someone is from there on here, but I don't think they are. LIVE ON KING EURO! (Biased, yes...but consistent AF)

• Like 1

No, its not been this far south all week. this was a significant shift south last minute. For 5days now its had the axis from Lincoln to Omaha now its Falls City. 

Not this far S- but the furthest S and E of many other model runs. For it to go EVEN further SE- well, you be the judge. 

On phone and not fancy enough to post my old post or someone's from like Tuesday...but the Euro has been over or near DSM all week and even SE of it so this not a last minute, 12th hour shift as you claim. Yikes

That HRRR did really well (sarcasm emoji) with the Tuesday system...giving us 8...we got 3. Ride the HRRR....it and the GFS are your biases.

Hey, I'm not saying its perfect, but too have every short range and high res model going against one not too mention the GFS ensembles further north going against one model...I'd said I'd believe the rest of them over ONE model. And its no bias because the majority rules right?

When you ride the RAP/HRRR past 10 hours- your entering NAM 84 HR territory; especially with a system this dynamic. Don't do it- been burned many times. Trust the KING and get some sleep. 

Hrrr, rap, nam, GFS all showing 12+" here.

New point click forecast

Saturday

Freezing rain and sleet likely before 1pm, then snow and sleet between 1pm and 2pm, then snow after 2pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow after 5pm. High near 32. Breezy, with a light northeast wind becoming north northwest 16 to 21 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Saturday Night

Snow, mainly before 10pm. Patchy blowing snow. Low around 16. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday

52641231_2049061411828644_6106688654409728000_o.jpg

• Like 2