Will Chicago receive more snow than Minneapolis this winter?

Hoosier

Will Chicago receive more snow than Minneapolis this winter?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will Chicago receive more snow than Minneapolis this winter?

• No
    • Yes, 0.1" to 5.0" more
    • Yes, 5.1" to 10.0" more
    • Yes, 10.1" to 15.0" more
    • Yes, 15.1" to 20.0" more
    • Yes, >20.0" more

2 hours ago, Madtown said:

just incredible

I did some research  on all the cocorahs  locations  around many states.. Missouri Kansas  Nebraska  minn Wisconsin  and Illinois.  Incredibly i think highest snow total  in minn was 31"?  Maybe one tiny spot in Nebraska  over 40" and another over 40" in east wisc.  And the shocker my location  leads  Iowa and almost all those states with 44", most of which  fell in 11 days! Crazy crazy winter.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

After being in the lead for over 2 months, ORD has fallen behind MSP.  Current snowfall totals stand at 25.6" for MSP and 22.2" for ORD.  With MSP likely to add on in the short range and April fast approaching, it would appear to be a very difficult proposition for ORD to move back ahead.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah not even close.

Through April 2nd-  both exactly at 60% of normal. image.png.a7a7b55f81bdf9f28cc836d6a9d6a359.png

image.png.d4e6688f3aea379bd12727c818a5d9f6.png

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

The official H/L yesterday was 47/37 there was 0.32” of rainfall. The highest reported wind gust was 35 MPH out of the SW there was no sunshine. For today the average H/L is 52/33 the record high of 80 was set in 1999 the record low of 10 was set in 1965 the most rainfall of 1.16” fell in 2007. The most snowfall of 6.0” fell in 1926 the most on the ground was 10” in 1975. Last year the H/L was 58/44 and there was 0.37” of rain.

The overnight low and current temperature here in MBY is 35 with a light mist falling. I had a total of 0.34” of rainfall yesterday and overnight.

What an unreal winter. Left SE Wisconsin mid Jan for the UP, had more snow in SE Wisconsin. Went to Lutsen and passed through Duluth mid March. Saddest state. I still have pictures from when I went there April 2023 and there was so much more snow.

• Tom unpinned this topic