3/24-3/27 Midwest/Plains Colorado Low(s)

6 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

The models all had at least some scattered showers today that might add up to a tenth or two, but zero rain ever developed.  The plume of good rain to the east/southeast stole all the moisture.

Same thing going on here, only a trace of rain out of the whole thing.

• Sad 2

No school here. We were going to have a late start, but many county roads are impassable. Interstate 80 and Highway 30 still closed. I’d say we got 4” more last evening into overnight on top of the 6” we had, of course some compaction happened during the day yesterday. I have the largest drifts of the season in my yard and driveway. 
Have to say, it has been a very odd winter. I’ll give my final analysis when I’m sure all snow events are over. 

• Like 4

How bout Minneapolis?? Didn't you get blasted by snow, turn over to rain for 24 hours or so and now, wind and heavy snow on the backside of the same storm? Incredible. According to radar, it looks like it's ripping up there and temps have have dropped.

We just changed over to a little light snow here in CR.  But it's already almost done.  We finally got some decent rain at least as well.  Reports of about 0.4" near my house.  I'll check my gauge when I get home tonight.  

• Like 4

I got a decent 0.46" this morning.  One good shower dropped most of it.

• Like 4

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Heading for 82 Saturday and 85 Sunday.   
Some folks are already working on their tan.  I just want to get some flowers out.  

• Sun 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Official total from AXN: 15.5".

From eyeballing I'd say about a foot on the ground. SUPER beneficial, especially with no recent significant precip and none in sight. 

• Like 3

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

13 hours ago, Minny_Weather said:

Official total from AXN: 15.5".

From eyeballing I'd say about a foot on the ground. SUPER beneficial, especially with no recent significant precip and none in sight. 

Finally, you pretty much were near ground zero on a rather interesting Spring Storm...did it feel like you got that much?

• Like 1

Since yesterday morning, Snowbowl has received 32" of powder over the last few days and more throughout the day yesterday...Sunrise Ski Resort probably got nearly 3-4 Feet...but they are shutting down the resort after this weekend because of the lack of customers.

• Like 1

Tao's Ski Resort in NM has also done really well with a fantastic # just next door...the past number of years, the mountains have been blessed with a lot of snowfall in the 4 corners region.  I remember how badly the ski resorts were doing and its great to see that this trend has been broken over the last several years.

Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 6.33.55 AM.png

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Finally, you pretty much were near ground zero on a rather interesting Spring Storm...did it feel like you got that much?

It definitely looks cool on the ground. It compacted quite a bit though, so it looks nothing close to 15"

The fact that this was a long-duration event made it pretty nonchalant feeling. There weren't really any heavy rates.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

17 minutes ago, Minny_Weather said:

It definitely looks cool on the ground. It compacted quite a bit though, so it looks nothing close to 15"

The fact that this was a long-duration event made it pretty nonchalant feeling. There weren't really any heavy rates.

Ya, I see what you mean....it would have been nice to see it early on in the season rather than early Spring when it'll be gone in a few days.  

• Like 1

• Tom unpinned this topic