1/24 - 1/26 Clipper Train, and Arctic Frontal Passage

Tom

12z Euro staying course...

I think the ratio is too low for the snow to water ratio. It is going to be quite cold; and while the wind will not be great I don't think it will be enough for a 10:1. I am thinking at least a 12 or 13 to one. Mind you I am a self proclaimed novice, so I could be wrong.

Signature here.

Via La Porte County Sheriff's Office...
Johnson Road has been closed due to drifting and blowing snow. Several other roadways within the county, including State Road 2 west of La Porte are experiencing heavy drifting. Again Johnson Road is closed to through traffic, so avoid the area. If you do not have to be out driving, please stay home.

18z REGM is pretty generous with qpf...its been doing quite well with Clipper systems this year.

Note: There still is more snow that could fall with the arctic front and/or the squall line that Tony mentioned earlier beyond the 48hr period.

I got this map from another forum for Sundays system. We could be looking at some very heavy snow rates in a relatively short amount of time. I could see some areas getting 3-5 and depending where that artic squall lines up add a couple more to it. The artic front will just be bonus snow for some but that could be interesting to see.

• Like 1