February 2014 in the PNW

stuffradio

Walking back to the car from the Seahawks parade... there were some trees starting to bloom.    Took a picture just for Jesse!   :)

http://s22.postimg.org/4ebkh982p/spring1.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Walking back to the car from the Seahawks parade... there were some trees starting to bloom. Took a picture just for Jesse! :)

http://s22.postimg.org/4ebkh982p/spring1.jpg

Lol so cold tho man. Trees mean nothing

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

They probably got fooled by the milder weather in January.

Could be a lot of plant damage with this cold wave.

Nahhhh... happens all the time.   Get warm... then get a run of cold weather with very cold nights.   Many times later than this.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Yup, probably the coldest February day for much of the northwest in 25 years!

Tomorrow will be even colder for PDX/the gorge IMO.

They're running ahead of things from December.  Both the of the coldest days were at 26 at 5pm.  Obviously they won't decouple tonight but that's still impressive nonetheless.  

23 here with the wind still howling.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

31 at SEA and 32 at BFI... so I was right that it would be in the 30-35 degree range and sunny.

But I know that my forecast was shockingly wrong!

You had both PDX and SEA with highs of 36 today. About the worst forecast so far the contest thread. No one else was off by that much. :lol:

Then of course you also had PDX getting into the 40s yesterday.

You will likely bomb again tomorrow with your predicted highs of 34 for the two locations. PDX could stay in the mid-20s if things work out right.

Better luck next time. :)

Nahhhh... happens all the time.   Get warm... then get a run of cold weather with very cold nights.   Many times later than this.

I think it has more to do with certain non-native species of trees than anything weather related. Certain varieties seem to show signs of life in late January/early February every year regardless of what the weather is doing.

You had both PDX and SEA with highs of 36 today. About the worst forecast so far the contest thread. No one else was off by that much. :lol:

Then of course you also had PDX getting into the 40s yesterday.

You will likely bomb again tomorrow with your predicted highs of 34 for the two locations. PDX could stay in the mid-20s if things work out right.

Better luck next time. :)

I said 30-35 for today for the parade.    Go back and look in this thread.    Said it numerous times and asked you how 30-35 was so wrong and for you to give me your number.   Which you refused to do because you were in one of your hissy fits about this cold falling through for some reason.    :)

Yup, probably the coldest February day for much of the northwest in 25 years!

Tomorrow will be even colder for PDX/the gorge IMO.

Yes.. I expect it will be... I'm already 22.6.... this is proving to be a very impressive arctic blast if you ask me. If you aren't asking me, well I'm telling you anyways.... and if... yeah...

I said 30-35 for today for the parade.    Go back and look in this thread.    Said it numerous times and asked you how 30-35 was so wrong and for you to give me your number.   Which you refused to do because you were in one of your hissy fits about this cold falling through for some reason.     :)

All you do on this site is try to prove that you were right about some unimportant prediction. Take a break from your ego. 

• Like 1

I said 30-35 for today for the parade.    Go back and look in this thread.    Said it numerous times and asked you how 30-35 was so wrong and for you to give me your number.   Which you refused to do because you were in one of your hissy fits about this cold falling through for some reason.     :)

I would never give you my number. I don't need someone calling me at 2am and telling me that the cherry trees at the North Bend QFC are budding.

I would never give you my number. I don't need someone calling me at 2am and telling me that the cherry trees at the North Bend QFC are budding.

Not your phone number!    Your predicted high temp... when you were calling me out for being so warm when I said it would be 30-35 at the parade.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller/data/gfs/18/gfs_namer_096_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Not sure if this is really good or really bad.

It's good. What day is this?

2013/2014 Winter season

Not your phone number!    Your predicted high temp... when you were calling me out for being so warm when I said it would be 30-35 at the parade.

I know. It was a joke. And I think people were calling you out more based on your ridiculously warm forecast in the Arctic Outbreak thread.

Sunday

Thanks. We have a special weather statement for up here this weekend for a snowstorm Sunday Monday lol interesting

2013/2014 Winter season

I know. It was a joke. And I think people were calling you out more based on your ridiculously warm forecast in the Arctic Outbreak thread.

I don't think 3 or 4 degrees either way is 'ridiculous'.    I guess if you have your undies wrapped around a pole about this event then maybe.   :)

Just gorgeous weather no matter how you slice it.   

I don't think 3 or 4 degrees either way is 'ridiculous'.    I guess if you have your undies wrapped around a pole about this event then maybe.   :)

Just gorgeous weather no matter how you slice it.   

You were off by 7 degrees for PDX today and 5 for SEA.

Just looked at the detailed ECMWF.   

Now Seattle is in the action for Thursday night... and then its totally dry all weekend.     Crazy changes from run to run.   

Probably covered earlier... have not read all the posts today.

You were off by 7 degrees for PDX today and 5 for SEA.

Just used the long range GFS MOS from last weekend.    Did not think about any of it... just copied the numbers.

Then the GFS MOS turned colder after the contest entry was closed.    Oh well.    

It now has SEA at 32 the next 2 days.

Just a note on the "general public."

Everyone at work was commenting on the cold today, and Salem was actually one of the warmer places in the region.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Just a note on the "general public."

Everyone at work was commenting on the cold today, and Salem was actually one of the warmer places in the region.

All relative Andrew... all relative.

I have an aunt from Wisconsin visiting my mom in Bellingham and she says its really nice.    

Everyone living here will think upper 20s and low 30s feels like the arctic circle.    But to most places at our latitude that is called early spring weather.   :)

NOT TO TAKE AWAY FROM WHAT IS AN HISTORICAL COLD EVENT FOR THIS REGION.     It is still that for sure...and about to become very snowy to the south which will make it very memorable.

I also heard several comments about the cold.  Two of them were within about a minute of each other when I was in Fred Meyer.  I lost it.  I kicked a pregnant lady in the stomach and knocked over a Tostitos end cap and screamed at the top of my lungs about the fact that if you stand directly in the sun and out of the wind, it didn't feel all that cold.  It's sweater weather you Nazi motherf***ers!!!  When the police arrived, I explained to the officer that it gets MUCH colder in other areas.  They agreed and released me.  

• Like 8

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.