2022-2023 California and Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

Scattered showers across the state and some good snow in the Sierra's and higher elevations.  The tippy top of Northern California is getting some good rain as well as the southern portion of Southern California! San Diego is actually getting a bit wet! In the past 12 hours some areas around San Diego have seen an inch of rain or more!  Amazing the variation from next to nothing, to half an inch, to more!  Areas to the north of San Diego like San Marcos have seen over 2 inches of rain.  Up in the Palomar Mountains, some peaks have seen over 5 inches of rain in the past 12hrs.  Impressive.

Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 12.22.02 AM.png

It rained quite a bit here in Orange today. It started out light to moderate around 9:30 am or so, and became heavy at times in the mid-late afternoon and evening, before tapering off to lighter showers at night before coming to an end. I will check my rain gauge tomorrow and report how much fell.

It does appear that it will dry out about mid-week onward, and there may be a Santa Ana at some point later in the week. I just hope this isn't the end of the rain for the season, and that we get more rain after a 1-2 week break.

San Diego and LA are getting the wet stuff, as is the Bay Area.  After this which lasts into Monday, California won't see significant widespread rain again.... well, except for the Northern portion which will get whapped on Wednesday a bit.  High pressure may build off the CA coast and preventing future precipitation for a bit. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 12.29.13 AM.png