1/10 - 1/11 Possible Severe Frontal Passage with intense snow showers

clintbeed1993

School districts anymore plan for snow days and allot a certain number just in case. If none have been used (like none were in December) schools are more willing to call it early because if they aren’t used they are wasted. PLUS even though it’s not much, we all know how awful tomorrow’s commute is going to be. Nebraska drivers lose their minds and common sense in inclement weather.

I was thinking that exact same thing. If OPS had used a bunch of days already, than I feel like they would have held off on their decision. They called at 430 which is pretty early for them to call. A snowday tomorrow seems questionable at best, especially given model trends all day. Maybe they're more worried about the ice than I am. 

This will probably end up being a bad rap for weather forecasters as I am sure a lot of the parents and kids assume we're getting a foot of snow now and when we end up with 1/2" and the roads not bad, they'll all be pissed that the weathermen got it wrong :rolleyes:

• Like 1

For schools to close tomorrow is an absolute joke and embarrassment to our community here. An inch or two of snow warrants closing? When I was younger it was 6 or more inches.

• Like 3

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Just heard on the radio that police are no longer responding to non-injury accidents lol. It’s 47 and roads are dry.

This is what happens when a completely uncertain storm is overhyped by the media. I didn't release my totals till around noon today for that reason.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

The band is almost stalled out in NW Nebraska. Whoever gets under that thing when it's 100% snow in a bit is gonna see some rockin' rates for about 30 minutes. In some areas it looks like a classic Spring squall line.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

The band is almost stalled out in NW Nebraska. Whoever gets under that thing when it's 100% snow in a bit is gonna see some rockin' rates for about 30 minutes. In some areas it looks like a classic Spring squall line.

That band will fall apart and the new one will form. The question is where

• Like 1

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Not trying to sound like a "sunshine pumper," but radar trends are way different from model trends. If it continues being slow, it'd allow the second band to set up sooner and MAYBE we have a shot at another inch from what models are showing.

Congrats to the cows who will witness it

• Like 3

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

I'll write you a note for a small fee...

Dear Schoolmaster:

Please excuse Lincoln from class as he could not make it through the inch of snow that fell at his house.

Regards,

Tabitha

ooh...that has just the perfect tone of sarcasm with contempt. I like it!

23-24 seasonal snow total: 17.8" (as of 3/9/24)

ooh...that has just the perfect tone of sarcasm with contempt. I like it!

I was going to add:

Also; remember that Mr. Lnk Weather resides at a very high altitude compared to the rest of the city; a full 5 feet above the Airport.  Consequently, the orographic enhancement at his house made travel through the extra dusting quite simply impossible.

Regards,

Tabitha

• Like 1

Gonna be hilarious when we wont have any snow on the ground and all schools will be shut down LOL

Idk, I thought the day last year that we had no school when it was sunny and 40 out was funnier. And there was no snow or ice.

• Like 1

Welp, it's official. The area of rain that the main band will collide with and produce the monster band of snow is in Lincoln moving East. Well ahead of schedule too. May even see a more Southeast trend. RIP >1" snow chances.