April 2019 Weather Discussion in the PNW

Omegaraptor

This.

The problem is a few people aren’t happy unless our climate is consistently emulating the desert SW for the bulk of the warm season.

Stupid.   Nobody is saying that and you know it.   Strawman.

Saying its been unusually persistently rainy is just a fact.     It happens.    

I have not even been complaining.    I knew it was coming... makes perfect sense after March.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Gotta bloat up the pages today. April needs to catch up!!

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

#meltdownstatus

You just need to relax.   And stop sending me PMs with your rants about drought and how angry you are at the world.     

You can get through this, Jesse.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12Z GFS looks quite dry for the next 2 weeks... makes sense.   

As Matt says... dry periods tend to follow wet periods and vice versa.   :)

You just need to relax. And stop sending me PMs with your rants about drought and how angry you are at the world.

You can get through this, Jesse.

Haven’t sent you a PM in months.

Posts like this are definitely a great sign that you AREN’T having a meltdown though. ;)

Haven’t sent you a PM in months.

Posts like this are definitely a great sign that you AREN’T having a meltdown though. ;)

Liar.  

You want to attack me for doing absolutely nothing other than talking about the current weather... then I will return the favor.     

This is some real tea over here.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Liar.

You want to attack me for doing absolutely nothing other than talking about the current weather... then I will return the favor.

Sad to see you stoop to this level. Makes me glad that in reality I actually have you blocked on Facebook and PM. :)

Alternate reality on here... where we are not even allowed to mention that its been unusually persistently wet without being attacked.   :lol:

It has been unusually persistently wet based on our climo.    And March was unusually persistently dry based on our climo.    Both were reported here.    It is what it is.    No big deal.   

Sad to see you stoop to this level. Makes me glad that in reality I actually have you blocked on Facebook and PM. :)

I blocked you actually.    Sorry.    

March was very dry.    April has been consistently wet.

Those are just facts.    Why is reporting that have to be controversial with personal attacks?    There is nothing controversial about those statements.   And nothing controversial about looking forward to another pattern change.     

From an outsiders perspective it literally sounds like you guys just went through some sort of miserable historic stretch of wet weather. Then I look at PDX and SEA April rainfall and it shows me that a whopping 2.78" and 3.10" has fallen at those stations month to date. Bozeman has seen 2.23" this month and everyone can't stop talking about how beautiful of a month it has been even with a wet weekend in the forecast.

So what's the problem??

Tim and Mossman need to move. That’s the problem.

• Like 2

Guess that answers my question. :)

Rain band looks like it should be here within a few hours, judging by radar.

Calm down, buddy.  

I hope you have not broken any furniture yet today with the unfavorable conditions down there.    

Calm down, buddy.  

I hope you have not broken any furniture yet today with the unfavorable conditions down there.

You are just making yourself look bad right now...and basically proving my point. Hopefully you will come to your senses and clean up some of these attacking posts later.

You live at 1500ft in the WA foothills, not Sacramento.

It’s mid-April. It’s gonna drizzle. Enjoy it!

• Like 1

You are just making yourself look bad right now. Hopefully you will come to your senses and clean up some of these attacking posts later.

All on you buddy.

You live at 1500ft in the WA foothills, not in Sacramento.

I live at 1,000 feet.     And I know this climate intimately well. 

Normal rainfall at the Cedar Lake station for April is 8.20 inches.   That station is actually at 1,500 feet and farther into the foothills and even wetter than my area.    That station has had almost 12 inches of rain for April.      I know when its drier than normal here... and when its wetter than normal here.    And I report what is happening.   

I have not complained at all.    A wet April was totally expected after a record dry March.  

In the climate of my area... about half the days are dry and half are wet.

I love the dry half of that climo equation and appreciate the natural beauty that the wet half provides.

I will always cheer for the dry days... and they always come eventually because that is climo.

But I report on what is happening either way. It is what it is.

Maybe you haven’t literally complained, but you do get moody whenever one of these wet patterns takes hold during the warm season. Hey, I’m guilty of it too when a death ridge sets up over me during the summer.

Not trying to attack you here..I’ve recognized the fact I need to leave this place once I’m able to. I’m 100% sure you’d be happier living elsewhere regardless of what your reptilian hindbrain tells you right now.

Maybe you haven’t literally complained, but you do get moody and spazzy whenever one of these wet patterns takes hold during the warm season. I’m guilty of it too when a death ridge sets up over me during the summer.

Not trying to attack you here..I’ve recognized the fact I need to leave this place once I’m able to. I’m 100% sure you’d be happier living elsewhere regardless of what your reptilian hindbrain tells you right now.

I can't think of anywhere else I would like to live.

Every time we leave... we appreciate the beauty here even more when we come back.   

We certainly have the ability to live anywhere we want.    And we would score huge financially if we cashed out.    But we would miss it too much.

I can't think of anywhere else I would like to live.

Every time we leave... we appreciate the beauty here even more when we come back.

We certainly have the ability to live anywhere we want. And we would score huge financially if we cashed out. But we would miss it too much.

I think the perfect climate for you is in the foothills on the downwind side of the Appalachians. Mountains and big lakes with loads of summer heat and sunshine, but also cold winters with crisp airmasses and persistent snow. No marine gunk or extended cloud cover in any season.

Seems like Tim paradise.

I think the perfect climate for you is in the foothills on the downwind side of the Appalachians. Mountains and big lakes with loads of summer heat and sunshine, but also cold winters with crisp airmasses and persistent snow. No marine gunk or extended cloud cover in any season.

Seems like Tim paradise.

There are other factors besides weather as well.

The eastern part of the country does not really appeal to us.  

The perfect climate for everyone is clearly somewhere in the NE United States. Seems objective. ;)

Come on brother, you know I don’t believe that. I’ve said repeatedly I want to move *west* of the Mississippi to escape the humidity that drenches this place 6 months out of the year.

My ideal climate is Denver with more precipitation.

• Like 1

Come on brother, you know I don’t believe that. I’ve said repeatedly I want to move *west* of the Mississippi to escape the humidity that drenches this place 6 months out of the year.

My ideal climate is Denver with more precipitation.

Jesse is in attack mode.  

Should probably ignore him when he gets like this.  

Jesse is in attack mode.

Should probably ignore him when he gets like this.

Is this the part where I’m supposed to fly off the handle and make ten responses to weather related posts about you actually being the one in attack mode to prove I’m not? :lol:

Is this the part where I’m supposed to fly off the handle and make ten responses to weather related posts about you actually being the one in attack mode to prove I’m not? :lol:

You are in attack mode.   

Even reporting on the weather this month brings it out in you.

If you even mention that its been unusually wet then you are ranting or need to move.    :rolleyes:     

There are other factors besides weather as well.

The eastern part of the country does not really appeal to us.

I assume it’s family related? That’s one of the reasons I’m stuck here as well.

You are in attack mode.

Even reporting on the weather this month brings it out in you.

If you even mention that its been unusually wet then you are ranting or need to move. :rolleyes:

No, you were just having a little meltdown about the rain earlier. I made one post about it, but you didn’t like me pointing it out so first you resorted to lying about nonexistent PMs. Then when you realized that wasn’t going to get under my skin you just started sniping every unrelated post I made. As you are still doing. :lol:

I would recommend that we quit while we’re ahead. You know if Fred logs on he’s not going to care about who is in the right. He’s just going to see a lot of pointless bickering clogging up a weather thread.

• Like 1

More data...

The Cedar Lake Station POR goes back to 1898.

The only time the difference between March and April has been this extreme was in 1992.

That station had 2.69 inches in March (driest ever) and will easily be over 12 inches (normal is 8.20 inches) after today for April.    

March of 1992 had 2.19 inches of rain and that was followed by 11.00 inches in April.    This year actually beats 1992 for a more dramatic swing.