March 2015 PNW Discussion

stuffradio

And cloud cover at 8 a.m. tomorrow.   As you can see... lots of low stuff that will stick around way after the high and mid level stuff is long gone.

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt/data/2015031100/images_d2/intcld.15.0000.gif

Thanks for the education genius.  It will be cloudy all day tomorrow, it will not be all that wet overall though.

Definitely not a drencher.

No... but the rain will continue until tomorrow evening.   Its not ending when that line passes.   Its not really even starting until after that.  That sharp line is about to pass the coast very soon here.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

We shall see as I said, I bet rain gear will me minimally needed for me tomorrow.

OK.   But it will be raining.   You implied that the rain would not last long at all because of the sharp line on the IR satellite but 24 hours from now it will be still be raining around the area... about 23 hours after that line has passed.   :)

This is not a well-defined cold front at all.   Its an occluded front that will wash out over us.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Tolerable rain is ok.

Sort of missing the point... I was commenting that your original statement was wrong on a couple levels.

Very sharp cold front on IR.  It does not look like rain will last very long with this storm.

God D**n, I am not a ******* idiot.  

However, it will rain longer inland than here.

Actually no... sort of focuses over your area tomorrow as the front washes out.   I wish it would rain more out here but it seems to be all west of the Sound tomorrow.   

Seattle and Bellingham might not get much at all for a good part of the day... even some sun breaks.   While its raining west of Olympia.  It does make it inland later tomorrow evening but not sure how much because the trend has been weaker and farther west. 

Here is 2 p.m.

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt/data/current_gfs/images_d3/ww_pcp1.21.0000.gif

Then it limps inland by 8 p.m. and it still raining in your area.

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt/data/current_gfs/images_d3/ww_pcp1.27.0000.gif

How can something be wrong when it hasn't happened yet.  Your the one who brought up the models.

Tomorrow will not be a bad day at all.

Even if it rains all day there... you will say it was nice.

Not the point though.    It will rain longer and more in your area tonight and tomorrow.   And it will likely rain most of the day out there... so call it what you want.   That is not why I even commented on it.

Even if it rains all day there... you will say it was nice.

Not the point though.    It will rain longer and more in your area tonight and tomorrow.   And it will likely rain most of the day out there... so call it what you want.   That is not why I even commented on it.

I was basing my post on IR, you felt the need to go on a rant about what the models showed.

I never said it wasn't going to rain all day, just that it looked like it wouldn't looking at IR.

But thank you so much for the lesson Mr. Tim.

I still stand on the fact it will be tolerable though.

I was basing my post on IR, you felt the need to go on a rant about what the models showed.

I never said it wasn't going to rain all day, just that it looked like it wouldn't looking at IR.

Perfect.   You would call 45 mph wind and sideways rain and a temp of 38 tolerable.   :)

Tomorrow will be heaven for you.  

Never cared about your grade for the day tomorrow.    Not the point.

You do know how an IR satellite image works, right?

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

OK.   But it will be raining. You [had] implied that the rain would not last long at all because of the sharp line on the IR satellite .... But ...

Anyone knowing what a relatively sharp lined cold front is, knows what it's going to yield more generally. "Implication assessment and evaluation" notwithstanding.

Occlusion wrap-around, degree of "instability" following, may yield more. I had appreciated the distinction. Why hadn't you been able to. ?

Very sharp cold front on IR.  It does not look like ..... [ the main compliment of  ] ..... rain will last very long with this storm.

.. And "lots of lower stuff past that line", was and is, just silly. What "lower stuff" would that be. ? .. Precipitation fog. ?

---

Anyone knowing what a relatively sharp lined cold front is, knows what it's going to yield more generally. "Implication assessment and evaluation" notwithstanding.

Occlusion wrap-around, degree of "instability" following, may yield more. I had appreciate the distinction. Why hadn't you been able to. ?

.. And "lots of lower stuff past that line", was and is, just silly. What "lower stuff" would that be. ?

Lower clouds, Richard.    The sharp line is higher, colder cloud tops.    The lower clouds are what will be with us all day tomorrow.   

Very evident beyond the line that some called a "sharp cold front" tonight.   It is not.   :)

http://s23.postimg.org/mxunc6xmj/IR4_NW.gif

"crap" after the main front. Which you, may fell a lot more where you are, with the orographic challenge that they meet, than people not living in the foothills. 

Much closer to "precipitation fog", at lower elevations. (What strength rain, Tim. ?)

Not sure what you are talking about... but then never really do anyways.

This is not low clouds and fog... its just lower than the high, cold tops defining the now infamous line.    And no... it will not be foggy here tomorrow.    Probably have some sun breaks and a high in the lower 60s at my house between some morning and evening showers.  

Wish I was going to be here... but alas I will be in the desert (Palm Springs).   

Not sure what you are talking about...

I stopped here. I am able to appreciate what your general reasoning is. And it's largely pointless.

If on a more personal note here.

... but then never really do anyways.

Back off bub. (Either you do or you don't. And if you don't, Say so. Ask for clarification. I don't need your chicken, sh*t.)

Otherwise. (?) More regarding what I'd actually said (?) (fairly plainly.) Do you understand how an orographic challenge (orographic "lifting") treats "low clouds" post main front. ?

"Closer to precipitation fog", had been more figurative. Clearer if and where working at all to "follow" the context, and to anyone having perhaps had it in mind more. "Not very strong rain, at elevations lower than yours".  (Clearer. For ya, Tim. ?)

---

The Upper Midwest has certainly warmed up.

Minneapolis went from below zero last week to almost 70 degrees today.   And the warm pattern looks to continue.

Apparently a sharp cold front is about to move through however...

Looks like that cold front is about to usher in some of the warmest readings of the year in Seattle.   

Possibly mid to upper 60s on Thursday and Friday.    

Very sharp cold front on IR.  It does not look like rain will last very long with this storm.

Things appear to be moving through fairly quickly. 

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/wxloop.cgi?wv central full+12

Very evident beyond the line that some [have] called a "sharp cold front" tonight.  [That] It is not.

.. A "matter" of perspective, where considering things / the potential more "generally" Tim.  The line is sharp Tim. It's got some "crap" "low clouds" behind it. ... You're "point", is "not" really "very" .... substantive. The mainstay of the precip. will obviously be more, ahead of the front. My point more above, working to address your comments more initial had been, that "you're" just used to "getting" more from this "lower stuff", at your elevation. With the orographic squeeze, additional, that it goes through. 

Very sharp cold front on IR.  It does not look like ..... [ the main compliment of  ] ..... rain will last very long with this storm.

.... Not as far as "Tim's" .... concerned. 

---

Looks like that cold front is about to usher in some of the warmest readings of the year in Seattle.

It does. ? .. Perhaps you could run the idea that you've suggested here above down for me a tad more. 

As in, .. What are you looking at more specifically that has caused you to suggest this. ? .. And when, looked at more in particularly. (?)

---

It does. ?

Run the idea that you've suggested here above down for me a tad more, if you would perhaps Tim. 

What are you looking at more specifically that has caused you to think this. ?

Warmest temps of the year on the way behind this sharp cold front...

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt/data/current_gfs/images_d3/wa_tsfc.72.0000.gif

-
http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2015/03/one-day-heat-wave-on-friday.html

The warmer temps in question out of the way. (And thanks.) .. How will the front have worked to have "ushered" them "in". ? ... Just exactly how will the cold front have been responsible (?) for these temperatures have been reached. ?

.. edited in later.

Nothin' hmmn. (?)

The moral here (?), Don't demand more specific explanation of / academic accuracy where finding, a more general comment posted, unless you're willing to flesh out your own more.  @ @ @

... the now infamous line.  ... Probably have some sun breaks [tomorrow] .. and a high in the lower 60s .. at my house ... between some morning and evening showers. .... but alas I will be in the desert (Palm Springs).

---

Doesn't look like much rain at Chris's house!!!!!

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Doesn't look like much rain at Chris's house!!!!!

Wimpy front! It's raining a little over there and it's cloudy. Light rain there with visibility of 1.5 miles. Maybe some snow mixing in behind our sharp cold front? :)