August 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Geos

People like you? Absolutely.

I don't believe you. And I don't even know what you mean by "people like you," but that's besides the point. 

I have a feeling you're much more polite in person. You're a smart guy after all. 

You definitely won't have much of a career path in the sciences if this is how you treat people who disagree with you. The scientific community is not a place for chest-thumping alpha male wannabes. 

I don't believe you. And I don't even know what you mean by "people like you," but that's besides the point.

I have a feeling you're much more polite in person. You're a smart guy after all.

You definitely won't have much of a career path in the sciences if this is how you treat people who disagree with you. The scientific community is not a place for chest-thumping alpha male wannabes.

Again, I don't give a crap what you "believe", because you obviously don't know anything about me. I don't have any problems with people who disagree with me. That's just part of life..people are going to disagree with you from time to time.

I have problems with people like you..pathological hypocrites with an innate desire to argue, label, and divide for the sake of arguing, labeling, and dividing. I would walk right up to you, and say this directly to your face.

Well the sun was nice to see this afternoon. Didn't do much for temps though. High of 69° here. 

Kind of an interesting sunset with the clouds gathering to the west.

post-7-0-65892600-1472620990_thumb.jpg

Rainfall for Western WA for the next 48 hours.

• Like 1

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

I'm liking the prospect of getting more rain in the next two days than there has been in the past 2 months. There's always something special about these first "fall" fronts; they clear the air, wash away the dust/muck on the roads/sidewalks, and distinctively mark the season transition. Sure beats the dull ULL/inland sliders we've seen this summer.

• Like 1

Again, I don't give a crap what you "believe", because you obviously don't know anything about me. I don't have any problems with people who disagree with me. That's just part of life..people are going to disagree with you from time to time.

I have problems with people like you..pathological hypocrites with an innate desire to argue, label, and divide for the sake of arguing, labeling, and dividing. I would walk right up to you, and say this directly to your face.

That's a nice opinion of me you've formed!

How do you think I feel about pathological liars?

Really?  If this is the case one has to assume the combination of disagreement and the realization/embarrassment you're wrong on some level is the catalyst for reacting in such an irrational way.  

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Looks like SEA is out of the running for a top 3 warm August. Top 5 is even in jeopardy. Coolest August in 4 years, baby!

#turningthecorner

Same story for PDX. 

They drop out of the Top 5 tomorrow if they average anything cooler than a daily mean of 68. Should be a lock.

Probably too demoralizing.

Nah. Summer is more or less over and it's winter and fall storms that fuel my interest in the weather. We are heading that direction now.

Looks like the west coast of the island saw 2-4" of rain today. Meanwhile it was 73F and sunny here all day.

• Like 1

Nah. Summer is more or less over and it's winter and fall storms that fuel my interest in the weather. We are heading that direction now.

Looks like the west coast of the island saw 2-4" of rain today. Meanwhile it was 73F and sunny here all day.

How is your area's ranking for August looking after tomorrow?

That whole thing was years ago

You're as loyal as they come. That's generally a good trait. But your buddy still has stuff he's working out. It's better if you acknowledge and accept the good with the bad. Doesn't make him a bad person.

That being said, the gang-up mentality on Phil being demonstrated by some on here isn't cool. Let's find a happier balance, people.

• Like 2

A forum for the end of the world.

And that means what?

I think you guys should drop it. If you only have several more days that you can spend a lot of time here, how about fill it with more fascinating posts on stats and past events? I think we all were enjoying those.

You're as loyal as they come. That's generally a good trait. But your buddy still has stuff he's working out. It's better if you acknowledge and accept the good with the bad. Doesn't make him a bad person.

That being said, the gang-up mentality on Phil being demonstrated by some on here isn't cool. Let's find a happier balance, people.

Personally, I was completely cordial with him until he started insulting me. And even then I haven't lost my cool. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa. September is now the third summer month, didn't you hear? Left June in the dust.

Seriously, I still say June 15 to Sep 15 is the PNW summer per long term climatology, and I'll beat my chest with machismo at anyone who disagrees.

Apparently that standard of care doesn't apply to Tim.  They both bring it upon themselves by going out of their way to be caustic. 

That's one aspect of Tim which cannot be denied, he never completely loses his s**t on anyone.  At least I've never seen it.  Phil on the other hand...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. September is now the third summer month, didn't you hear?

Seriously, I still say June 15 to Sep 15 is the PNW summer per long term climatology, and I'll beat my chest with machismo at anyone who disagrees.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. September is now the third summer month, didn't you hear?

September has actually overtaken June in terms of average temp @ PDX between the 1961-90 and 1981-10 baselines. Its not necessarily the same story on Vancouver Island. 

Based off tomorrow's predicted high and low, it looks like August will end up right around +1° above normal. Only 0.25" of rain month to date.

• Like 1

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Apparently that standard of care doesn't apply to Tim.  They both bring it upon themselves by going out of their way to be caustic. 

That's one aspect of Tim which cannot be denied, he never completely loses his s**t on anyone.  At least I've never seen it.  Phil on the other hand...

They both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

Look, I've laid into Tim plenty of times. He has a much less blunt way of attacking people than Phil, no doubt, and still very irritating. But whatever, we've seen what happens with they both narrow their sites on each other. I think they'll learn from that. And we'll all be better for it.

Unless wxstatman decides a repeat is in order.

September has actually overtaken June in terms of average temp @ PDX between the 1961-90 and 1981-10 baselines. Its not necessarily the same story on Vancouver Island. 

I stand by long term climatology over a wider area than PDX.  :)

September is no more a summer month than June in the PNW. Fall-like tendencies can prevail.