2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

So no one cares that the White House is now banning media organizations they don't like from briefings? Restriction of the press totally isn't one of the key components of fascism or anything.

Oops, but I'm being "hysterical". Sorry.

It's impossible to even talk about the similarities without getting labeled as such by the Flatirons of the world.

I was going through old books today and found "Animal Farm", which I haven't read since High School. I was thumbing through it and found that the character Flatiron plays here really reminds me of "Squealer" from that novel.

So no one cares that the White House is now banning media organizations they don't like from briefings? Restriction of the press totally isn't one of the key components of fascism or anything.

Oops, but I'm being "hysterical". Sorry.

Obama did that too. Nothing new here.

I personally don't blame him anyway. Most of the organizations have been total shits to him.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I personally don't blame him anyway. Most of the organizations have been total shits to him.

I totally agree... the government should have complete control of the press.   They will learn their lesson!   

Trump making enemies.  The press is very likely to submit to his awesome power.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

So the country is moving on without its largest population centers (i.e. the West Coast and the NE) according to Jim?   

U-S-A 

U-S-A  

Good luck with that Jim.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Guest Sounder

Fox News failed to request an interview for a scheduled event held by the Treasury Department, as was required of all networks for that particular event. They excluded themselves and ran with a story that the Obama Administration was doing it to them. In the end, they were still included despite having failed to meet the deadline for their request.

Fake news!!!

Leaked DHS memo gives the facts on the terrorism threat and discredits Trump's travel ban.  Looks like US born citizens are the biggest terrorist threat in this country.  Trump is just trying to tick off a campaign promise.   

Trump should disband the DHS!   

https://apnews.com/39f1f8e4ceed4a30a4570f693291c866

The three-page report challenges Trump's core claims. It said that of 82 people the government determined were inspired by a foreign terrorist group to carry out or try to carry out an attack in the United States, just over half were U.S. citizens born in the United States. The others were from 26 countries, led by Pakistan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Cuba, Ethiopia, Iraq and Uzbekistan. Of these, only Somalia and Iraq were among the seven nations included in the ban.

Trump's all out war on the media is so over-the-top that it really feels like he is trying to desperately turn the tables when the full details of Russian collusion comes to light.

trump10.png

Guest Sounder

Trump's all out war on the media is so over-the-top that it really feels like he is trying to desperately turn the tables when the full details of Russian collusion comes to light.

trump10.png

You're hysterical!!! Conspiracy theories!!! Fake News!!!

You're hysterical!!! Conspiracy theories!!! Fake News!!!

No one truly understands the empty-headed, attention-seeking wonder president!   He is a magical con man.  Anyone who doubts him is missing the boat.   

Did you know he squeaked out wins in the Rust Belt states?   He is forever a God who will always win.   You're going to get tired of winning!!    :lol:

So many ridiculous posts today from many people... I am honored you sorted through all of them to cherry pick my clearly satirical and comical post to challenge!

I honestly believe you primarily come on here with the main goal of finding my posts and coming up rebuttals.

You have a crush on me. :)

Wasn't a challenge. Had to start somewhere...Your post was exceptionally hyperbolic!

A forum for the end of the world.

Wasn't a challenge. Had to start somewhere...Your post was exceptionally hyperbolic!

Whatever... you just come here to respond to me.    :lol:

Guest Sounder

When Trump & Co are removed from office and in prison are you still going to say we're being hyperbolic? j/w

Guest Sounder

I think it's pretty clear what's going on here with Trump kicking out CNN/NYTimes/BBC/Politico. The thing all these outlets have in common is they have all been really chasing the Russia connection story. Trump knows this story has legs and is desperately doing whatever he can to delegitimize the outlets that are going to uncover the scandal that ends this administration.

I think it's pretty clear what's going on here with Trump kicking out CNN/NYTimes/BBC/Politico. The thing all these outlets have in common is they have all been really chasing the Russia connection story. Trump knows this story has legs and is desperately doing whatever he can to delegitimize the outlets that are going to uncover the scandal that ends this administration.

OR he is tired of them being a$$holes. I think the latter has a much higher chance of being reality.

I will be interested to see how you handle the crushing disappointment when he is still in office in 2020.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Guest Sounder

OR he is tired of them being a$$holes. I think the latter has a much higher chance of being reality.

I will be interested to see how you handle the crushing disappointment when he is still in office in 2020.

Can you cite some specific examples of false stories that any of those publications have published about Trump? Holding politicians accountable and fact checking is "being a*******" eh?

I will be interested to see how you rationalize how mean and unfair the whole world is to your Cheeto Mussolini when he gets impeached.

• Like 1

He is a complete con man. Someone as smart as you claim to be should be able to see this so clearly. He is con man and you are lapping it up.

He should just perform his job and stop attacking the press. They should and will challenge a con man. You should be happy about it. Just do the job and shut up. Be he can't because he knows he is in trouble.

Guest Sounder

He is a complete con man. Someone as smart as you claim to be should be able to see this so clearly. He is con man and you are lapping it up.

Honestly, calling Trump a con man is giving him too much credit. The man is a mentally unstable, pathologically lying narcissist who has somehow managed to stumble his way into success by shitting on whomever it takes to get ahead and never taking accountability for anything he's ever done wrong.

• Like 2

Making the New York Times his enemy is a terrible move. CNN and the NYT are in no way being a$$holes, and whatever planet they are but Trump isn't, is definitely not this one.

Can you cite some specific examples of false stories that any of those publications have published about Trump? Holding politicians accountable and fact checking is "being a*******" eh?

I will be interested to see how you rationalize how mean and unfair the whole world is to your Cheeto Mussolini when he gets impeached.

Yeah, I mean one job of the press is to question the government. It's pretty accepted that this is the way it works in America. I'm not sure how people can call newspapers "a$$holes" and not Trump when they're just doing their job. Why do Trump's feelings deserve to be protected when he doesn't respect the feelings of other people, as has been shown so many times? This line of thinking, that can rationalize and support a US president blocking the NYT and CNN from a press conference because he doesn't like being criticized by them, is...I don't know what to say. Very bad. 

• Like 1

Despite Trump's very low approval rating, I've noticed something interesting, which is that he inspires in some of his followers a lotttt of loyalty. Even in Bellingham, I sometimes see people carrying their Trump flags high and proud, which is something I never saw happen after Bush or Obama were elected. It's crazy how polarized things are right now.

Guest Sounder

Despite Trump's very low approval rating, I've noticed something interesting, which is that he inspires in some of his followers a lotttt of loyalty. Even in Bellingham, I sometimes see people carrying their Trump flags high and proud, which is something I never saw happen after Bush or Obama were elected. It's crazy how polarized things are right now.

Trump supporters are basically members of a cult at this point. Pretty sad honestly.
  • Like 1

Why does Trump deserve having his feelings protected from the mean old media in a "safe space"? Don't you find this idea completely laughable and cowardly when it comes to minorities or college students?

Why does Trump deserve having his feelings protected from the mean old media in a "safe space"? Don't you find this idea completely laughable and cowardly when it comes to minorities or college students?

And does Jim actually think they will just stop challenging Trump and kiss his a$$ now because he is in all out attack mode on the press?  

Poor Trump... the media is so mean.    

The media is not one person.  They will keep coming like a swarm of bees and expose everything... and all Trump is doing is ramping up the intensity.

I am so glad for the free press in the country... more than ever.

So much anger dude.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

This quote sums it up... journalists know the signals to turn up the heat.    :lol:

As any seasoned reporter knows, that kind of squealing, with pointless insults, is the sound made by politicians when the truth makes them feel cornered and uncomfortable. Their bleating, in fact, signals that it's time to turn up the heat.

Yeah, I almost said "cult-like" in my post. I wish it weren't that way, but it is for some people. I talked to a guy waving a flag the other day who compared Trump to Jesus.

That is a bit off the rails. On the other hand a lot of people see Trump as our last chance to avoid completely selling out the country to globalism. His agenda is fantastic. Whether he will achieve it or not remains to be seen. They (myself included) are truly astonished that half of the people in this country can't see how vital this is. The other half can't see where we are coming from.

The misdirection of the mainstream media is really tearing the country apart.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

This quote sums it up... journalists know the signals to turn up the heat. :lol:

As any seasoned reporter knows, that kind of squealing, with pointless insults, is the sound made by politicians when the truth makes them feel cornered and uncomfortable. Their bleating, in fact, signals that it's time to turn up the heat.

Now we just wait for whatever sort of Reichstag fire the administration can dream up to justify shutting down the media.

trump10.png

I'm pretty sure it's that the the FBI found no evidence of this rumored "collusion" with the Russians and the administration asked them to convey this to the media, which they denied for obvious reasons.

In other words, a nothingburger.

That is a bit off the rails. On the other hand a lot of people see Trump as our last chance to avoid completely selling out the country to globalism. His agenda is fantastic. Whether he will achieve it or not remains to be seen. They (myself included) are truly astonished that half of the people in this country can't see how vital this is. The other half can't see where we are coming from.

The misdirection of the mainstream media is really tearing the country apart.

The media is not one person.

Trump is the one doing that with his petty s**t every single day.

Just do the frickin job and STFU.   Let the chips fall where they may.

Tim had always struck me as a reasonable guy who'd see through the weeds. Obviously, that doesn't seem to be the case. At least not anymore.

You really can't see how ridiculous the media has become toward Trump. That just blows my mind. They gave Obama a free pass on EVERYTHING and Trump gets raked over the coals for EVERYTHING. The media has partially achieved what they have set out to do (creating hatred for Trump on the left). It remains to be seen how the people on the fence are going side.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

You really can't see how ridiculous the media has become toward Trump. That just blows my mind. They gave Obama a free pass on EVERYTHING and Trump gets raked over the coals for EVERYTHING. The media has partially achieved what they have set out to do (creating hatred for Trump on the left). It remains to be seen how the people on the fence are going side.

Banning certain media outlets is un-American and plays into their hand, just as the media plays into Trump's hand when they attack him. I don't care what your political views are, a free press is a pillar of American democracy.

A cult? Good God... You are just as overly dramatic as happ.

Sort of correct though... many of them are desperate for Trump to be their savior and they are willing to fall for this complete con man selling them what they want to hear.  That is how cults work.

The really sad part is that they will ultimately hurt the most by the con man.