Nebraska to finally see monster Snowstorm in Late February?

clintbeed1993

I would be glad to squeeze 3-5" out over a couple days. My biggest snow of the year has been 3.2. Either give me something or bring on spring; I'm tired of sub zero temps and brown grass. This winter is going down as one of the coldest and snowiest winters on record east of I-29 and north of I-80 and just sucky for everyone else.

I would be glad to squeeze 3-5" out over a couple days. My biggest snow of the year has been 3.2. Either give me something or bring on spring; I'm tired of sub zero temps and brown grass. This winter is going down as one of the coldest and snowiest winters on record east of I-29 and north of I-80 and just sucky for everyone else.

I agree, bring on a big storm or bring on spring and severe weather.  Tired of this brutally cold and snowless winter.

I agree, bring on a big storm or bring on spring and severe weather.  Tired of this brutally cold and snowless winter.

Ps Clint I love when you post, I can't get enough of that picture you have. I couldn't have imagined a winter like that!! We can only dream of seeing something like that, 09-10 winter was the best I have seen in my lifetime dating back 30 yrs...

Ps Clint I love when you post, I can't get enough of that picture you have. I couldn't have imagined a winter like that!! We can only dream of seeing something like that, 09-10 winter was the best I have seen in my lifetime dating back 30 yrs...

Thanks Man!  I hear ya, I remember the Christmas blizzard of 2009 very well.  Walking in the streets with drifts up to my waist.  That was easily the best winter storm I have ever lived through, in my short time on this earth of course! lol

I only dream of living through a winter like the one in my profile picture.  Winter of 48/49..unbelievable amount of snow that season.

Thanks Man!  I hear ya, I remember the Christmas blizzard of 2009 very well.  Walking in the streets with drifts up to my waist.  That was easily the best winter storm I have ever lived through, in my short time on this earth of course! lol

I only dream of living through a winter like the one in my profile picture.  Winter of 48/49..unbelievable amount of snow that season.

Yep, that x mas I had a a 2 ft snow depth until mid January and snow drifts 15-20 feet tall in the country.

I believe that pic was taken in Harrison, ne during the winter of 48-49. A remarkable winter for the entire state, we had a couple winters back to back like that in the 40's.

Yep, that x mas I had a a 2 ft snow depth until mid January and snow drifts 15-20 feet tall in the country.

I believe that pic was taken in Harrison, ne during the winter of 48-49. A remarkable winter for the entire state, we had a couple winters back to back like that in the 40's.

Yep it was indeed taken in Harrison.  Maybe we will see a winter like that in our lifetime, but I'm not counting on it.

For sure, I'm definitely staying up for the EURO.

Correct me if I'm wrong; 12z euro was showing .5" of precip with high ratios leading to a good amt of snow. Ggem showing a suppressed piece of crap but giving something more than the nam. Very interested in seeing what the 00z shows for them!

Correct me if I'm wrong; 12z euro was showing .5" of precip with high ratios leading to a good amt of snow. Ggem showing a suppressed piece of crap but giving something more than the nam. Very interested in seeing what the 00z shows for them!

12z EURO had a great defo band that sets up from Omaha back west into Central Nebraska.  GGEM was crap.

Another KC, Falls City, St. Joes special. I can't believe how persistent these storms have been this year; all staying to my south. You guys along I-80 are still in the running for some good snows, not so much for this guy! Watch this 2-4" forecast fall as the event nears; I have seen this record one to many times!!

day3_psnow_gt_04.gif

current.png

Another KC, Falls City, St. Joes special. I can't believe how persistent these storms have been this year; all staying to my south. You guys along I-80 are still in the running for some good snows, not so much for this guy! Watch this 2-4" forecast fall as the event nears; I have seen this record one to many times!!

NAM was North, so maybe they will meet in the middle!! ;)

New EURO looks a lot better. .30 to .40 for precip.  Interested to see what that comes out for snow.  I would think 4-8 inches would be possible if the ratios are high enough.

just beat me, i was about to post the same thing. Im sure we will see some watches fly out within the next 12-18hrs

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2014022812&time=PER&var=ASNOWI&hour=081

You're telling me that doesn't look like crap for places Southwest of Omaha?

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2014022812&time=PER&var=ASNOWI&hour=081

You're telling me that doesn't look like crap for places Southwest of Omaha?

Yeah, but I don't consider the southern 1/4 of the state to be "almost the entire state"... :mellow:

I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I know with the way winter has gone this year it's really easy to throw in the towel after today's 12z runs. Don't live run to run, lets see what happens after tonight's run when the storm comes ashore. If models trend the same way tonight and tomorrow then I'll put a big fork in this god for saking winter!! I like what Pleasant Hill/KC NWS posted this afternoon as far as snow potential goes:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/wxstory.php?site=eax

Also HPC boys updated their maps. 

day2_psnow_gt_04.gif

Nws Hastings with there typical conservative approach. Winter weather advisories and watches all around the area. I guess snow will stop at one county line and jump to the next. They even say in their discussion 1-3 Saturday night and 1-4 Sunday.

Yet nws goodland issues advisory for 1-3. Maybe they will be correct but it just appears to not make much sense looking at their website map.

Nws Hastings with there typical conservative approach. Winter weather advisories and watches all around the area. I guess snow will stop at one county line and jump to the next. They even say in their discussion 1-3 Saturday night and 1-4 Sunday.

Yet nws goodland issues advisory for 1-3. Maybe they will be correct but it just appears to not make much sense looking at their website map.

I agree, everyone surrounding the tri cities has some sort of advisory.  Looking at the models, I just don't see how they can determine where the advisory should go and where it shouldn't.  I honestly don't think the NWS has a clue what is gunna happen.

Nws Hastings, as conservative as Reagan or Bush. Their map is comical. I don't know how every other office has headlines and Hastings has this void. Amateur meteorologists and weather geeks like us would see that this is unbelievable. If they are correct more power to them but it looks foolish to have this donut hole surrounded by color.