July 2017 PNW Discussion Thread

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/3D176109-B0E1-4F24-817F-4AA8FDBF2DA7_zpsrodpntmp.jpg
foto26446a4f1f801ef3b3d1564dea31df66.png
"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

I smell bullshit.

I'll take a video. Give me something to say on camera so you know it's me. :)

"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

Nice chopper. ;)

Purrty, idn'it?

"I don't smell any bullshit" :)

You got it. I'll take a selfie with a print-out of this post or something.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/3D176109-B0E1-4F24-817F-4AA8FDBF2DA7_zpsrodpntmp.jpg

Where was this taken?   Looks like the area near Lake Samish south of Bellingham.  

And are we supposed to be looking at the dirty car ahead of you?

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Lol, you mentioned the trip up to HIPPA Island like it was a last-minute addition yesterday.

Lol, what? I mentioned it last winter, and many times since.

Get yourself checked. :)

Where was this taken? Looks like the area near Lake Samish south of Bellingham.

And are we supposed to be looking at the dirty car ahead of you?

Yeah, south lake Samish, near Bryant's location.

Yeah, south lake Samish, near Bryant's location.

Really pretty area in there.   

The view of Mt Baker should be great from Ferndale... just look east.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Really pretty area in there.

The view of Mt Baker should be great from Ferndale... just look east.

We're about 5 miles south of the border now and the landscape is pretty flat. I did manage to grab a picture of it behind us to the right, though.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/34792652-31AC-430E-A502-6BE5FE83B42D_zpswdjbyfgu.jpg

I'm gonna lose cell service once we cross into BC, so I'll be off the grid for a little while unless there's wifi at the hotel. I'm not sure I want to pay for roaming either, but I might change my mind.

Cheers. :)

We're about 5 miles south of the border now and the landscape is pretty flat. I did manage to grab a picture of it behind us to the right, though.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/34792652-31AC-430E-A502-6BE5FE83B42D_zpswdjbyfgu.jpg

That is the Fraser River valley... very rich soil.    

Also the door for our major arctic outbreaks from the north.   :)

That is the Fraser River valley... very rich soil.

Also the door for our major arctic outbreaks from the north. :)

Sounds like a good place to buy a chunk of land if you're a snow weenie, haha.

And yeah, I noticed the grass is much greener up here versus down in Seattle.

Season 9, Episode 3 – Phil visits the PACNW!!  :lol:

• Like 3

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Awesome view here at the border.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/5393509A-20CF-41D6-8ECD-FAED4FC1D5C2_zpsnicwn8wx.jpg

Sounds like a good place to buy a chunk of land if you're a snow weenie, haha.

And yeah, I noticed the grass is much greener up here versus down in Seattle.

Yeah... more moisture in the soil even in the dry season.   Same thing out here down in the Snoqualmie River valley.  

The wind blows the snow away up there many times.   There can be 60 mph winds in an arctic blast in Lynden and Blaine while its calm on the east side of Bellingham.   Wind just roars across that flat land.    :)

You didn't mention anything about Hippa Island until yesterday. Tim thought you were going to be mainly in Vancouver. Just kinda odd...no biggie.

I'm pretty sure said I'd be spending the night in Vancouver before going fishing. As you said, though, not a huge deal.

Lynden during a Fraser outflow wind event... :)

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/18097061.jpg

That's sick.

It's probably 80-85 in most of Vancouver area. The airport is right on the ocean.

Ahhh... good to know.   I am not very familiar with the microclimates up there.

Still in line at the border. Painfully slow. Doesn't feel very warm though. As Tim says, it's "just right".

Goldilocks weather!  

87 at SEA... the streak is over. The perfect July has been destroyed. :unsure:

My fault. :(

Wow, the Vancouver skyline beneath the mountains is something out of this world.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/78677F87-7487-4995-82E5-85526C900CC9_zpsiturjs5x.jpg

• Like 1

Haha, no. We're actually taking a chopper.

One of the benefits of having a very large family is that everyone can chip in financially. Otherwise we'd never be able to afford this trip.

Are you taking a plane from Vancouver to Haida, and then a helicopter to the resort...or a helicopter all the way from Vancouver? That would be a loooooooooooooong helo trip! 

• Like 1

Are you taking a plane from Vancouver to Haida, and then a helicopter to the resort...or a helicopter all the way from Vancouver? That would be a loooooooooooooong helo trip!

Oh, yeah we're taking the plane first. Otherwise it'd be something like a 4hr chopper ride.

Sooo close to #6!!

Looks like they snuck it in between 5-5:30.

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history