June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Very pleasant night in Springfield. Same temp inside and out.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I'm pretty sure the ones in Arizona are the same as the ones here. I went there a couple years ago and they were going absolutely crazy, it was very loud but I think it was because there were so many.

There's a good website if you're interested called cicadamania.com....   Everything anyone would want to know about cicadas (even things you don't want to know about cicadas).  

http://www.cicadamania.com/

• Like 2

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

It was a gorgeous day on the lake... and it was packed. Everyone had the same idea. It was in the low 80s with light wind and lots of sun all day. You can see Mt. Rainier in the background if you look closely.

20180624_153553.jpg

Closer view of Mt. Rainier zoomed in with camera...

20180624_205940.jpg

The nice thing about the only boat launch on Goodwin being shut down for the summer...very few boats on the lake on the weekends...it’s crazy since it’s one of the most popular boating lakes in Snohomish Co and typically insane on the weekends!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

No thunder here, but that looks like a pretty juicy front coming through. Looks like over an inch of rain in some places on the central island. The rain has started here, hopefully it'll hold together.

Scratch that, looks like we're about to get nailed. Must have had some nearby lightning because the house just shook, still hearing echos in the clouds.

00Z GFS is a mess for the 4th of July... but it showed big improvements before that time.   In fact... next Sunday and Monday now look warm.   We have to wait until Wednesday to get a good idea about the holiday.    As its shown now... that ULL sits up there in the GOA near Anchorage for days waiting for the go ahead to swoop down right on the 4th as if it was being directed by Jesse and Phil.    :lol:

The new 00Z GEM is spectacular for the holiday.   And the 12Z ECMWF was also really nice with the ULL exiting to the NE before the festivities.

Side note... even the 00Z GFS quickly goes towards the ECMWF solution and sends the ULL off to the NE and returns us to real summer weather immediately after the 4th.   That is also a good sign.

So... the GFS is the odd man out.   Luckily... its a completely garbage model according to Phil.   Unless it actually shows crappy weather here for a specific day just 240 hours away.   I am sure then its the best model ever created by mankind!  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The nice thing about the only boat launch on Goodwin being shut down for the summer...very few boats on the lake on the weekends...it’s crazy since it’s one of the most popular boating lakes in Snohomish Co and typically insane on the weekends!

I sort of enjoy all the activity... its fun.      

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

OMG!!! this f***ing sucks!!!!!!! This will really mess with the event I am putting on for 800+ people and 25k worth of fireworks I have in my garage right now. :( NOT HAPPY! AT ALL>> I hope the GFS sucks.

gfs_T850a_us_38.png

See above. There is still hope.

Maybe... It can rain any day but not the day of. :(

12Z ECMWF solution would give us mid to upper 70s and sunshine on the 4th.   

And the 00Z GEM is even warmer.  

If the GFS still shows the same thing by Thursday then you might be in trouble.   Too early to panic yet.

I sort of enjoy all the activity... its fun.

I usually do as well, but I’m finding the calmer weekends nice as well. They are opening the launch for the week of the 4th and Labor Day weekend. Then back to normal next season!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Here was the 00Z GFS last night for next Sunday...

gfs_T2ma_nwus_33.png

And the new 00Z GFS:

gfs_T2ma_nwus_29.png

There is still plenty of time for improvements for the 4th... and it can only get better since the 00Z GFS is the worst case scenario!   :lol:

Talk about perfect timing! Picture perfect day of wall to wall sun and warmth to pouring down rain at 10:45pm Sunday night...I love it!!

There's a good website if you're interested called cicadamania.com.... Everything anyone would want to know about cicadas (even things you don't want to know about cicadas).

http://www.cicadamania.com/

These are the ones making a racket now. Especially the “scissor grinder” ones.

http://www.cicadamania.com/genera/species.php?q=N.+pruinosus+pruinosus

And these:

http://www.cicadamania.com/genera/species.php?q=N.+tibicen+tibicen

http://www.cicadamania.com/genera/north-america.php

• Like 1

Talk about perfect timing! Picture perfect day of wall to wall sun and warmth to pouring down rain at 10:45pm Sunday night...I love it!!

That is pretty awesome. That is the way they do it in Minnesota all the time. Except the next day would also be wall to wall sun and warmth again.

Winds gusting to 18 mph out of nnw and currently 61

Looks like rain soon...pulled all the summer cushions off the back deck.

I am standing out on the deck right now after putting all the cushions up... watching the lightning. :)

Winds gusting to 18 mph out of nnw and currently 61

Looks like rain soon...pulled all the summer cushions off the back deck.

“Summer cushions”?

As opposed to what? Winter cushions?

Highs on Tuesday... not to different between the PNW and DC.   Of course I am sure the dewpoint will be the mid 90s there.    ;)

ecmwf_t2max_conus2_9.png

Highs on Tuesday... not to different between the PNW and DC. Of course I am sure the dewpoint will be the mid 90s there. ;)

ecmwf_t2max_conus2_9.png

Lol, nice cherrypicking our last “cool” day. That’s also 8PM our time, 5PM your time. And yet we’re still warmer than you. :lol:

Move forward a few days and...fuckmonkeys.

N7237zT.png

Fr6eBje.png

Lol. That’s 8PM our time, 5PM your time. On a “cool” day for us. And we’re still warmer than you. :lol:

Move forward a few days and...fuckmonkeys.

Well... that is the 6-hour max so its basically the high temp for both places.

And of course I am trolling you.   I happen to notice the similarities that day.  Triggered!!  

And Portland was as warm as DC today.   ;)

It’s not a 6hr max. Otherwise 00z would have hotter temperatures here than 18z, since peak heating occurs around 430pm.

And yeah, I figured. But heat is serious bidness..not something to joke about.

It’s like joking about terrorism to the families of 9/11 victims. There are certain lines you don’t cross. ;)

Hot weather is fun!  

And it is a 6-hour max.... which is 11-5 here and 2-8 there which should capture the high in both places on most days.

Hot weather is fun!

And it is a 6-hour max.... which is 11-5 here and 2-8 there which should capture the high in both places on most days.

Dude, it’s not a 6hr max.

Dude, it’s not a 6hr max.

It literally says 6-hour maximum... ending at 00Z.  

Its the max temp between 11-5 here and 2-8 there.   Which is the high temp for the day most of the time.