June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

You’re a dumba**.

If it were a 6hr max, your area would see little difference between the 00z panel and the 06z panel, since both would include peak heating around 5PM.

Instead, here’s 00z and 06z:

It is the 6-hour max!   This is going to be fun.   

Your maps are the actual temperature at 00Z and 06Z.

My map is the 6-hour max ending at 00Z.   You can look at the 6-hour max for every 6-hour period.    You are showing a different map.   Look at the side bar for "T2MAX".

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Lol, you swapped your GFS map with the Euro map.

Sneaky motherf**ker. I wish I’d quoted you fast enough to catch it, but I’m sure others saw it.

Huge improvement on the 00Z ECMWF by the end of next weekend and into the holiday week.

Here is the 00Z ECMWF last night for 7/2:

ecmwf_z500a_namer_10.png

And the new 00Z ECMWF for the same time...

ecmwf_z500a_namer_9.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Lol, you swapped your GFS map with the Euro map.

Sneaky motherf**ker. I wish I’d quoted you fast enough to catch it, but I’m sure others saw it.

What?

I never even look at the GFS surface maps on WB.

And that is irrelevant.     You immediately quoted me and its the ECMWF.

And that is also beside the point.   The map is the 6-hour max.   Does not matter what model it is.   

Are you high right now?   Strange discussion.   Completely changing the topic when you know you are wrong.

Its a 6-hour MAX.    :lol:

Here is the 00Z GFS 6-hour max for Tuesday... which is the high temp for most places.   

Same thing as ECMWF.   Its only 2 days away.   

gfs_t2max_conus2_9.png

What?

I never even look at the GFS surface maps on WB.

And that is irrelevant. You immediately quoted me and its the ECMWF.

And that is also beside the point. The map is the 6-hour max. Does not matter what model it is.

Are you high right now? Strange discussion. Completely changing the topic when you know you are wrong.

Its a 6-hour MAX. :lol:

I don’t make mistakes like that. You had a GFS map posted and you swapped it out for the 06hr Euro map.

You were probably fawning over the warming trend on the GFS and forgot to switch back. ;)

Craig... I hope you are still awake!

The 00Z ECMWF will help you sleep better.   HUGE improvements!

Here is July 3rd...

ecmwf_z500a_namer_10.png

I don’t make mistakes like that.

You had a GFS map posted and you swapped it out for the 06hr Euro map.

You are losing your mind.   I only look at ECMWF surface maps on WB... but its irrelevant.   

The GFS and ECMWF look exactly the same.

You are arguing that my maps are NOT 6-hour max temps... and you are wrong.   My maps are 6-hour max temps... your maps are the actual temperature at 00Z and 06Z and not the the max for the previous 6 hours.    

You did not know they had 6-hour max temp maps on WB?

Its called "T2MAX" on the ECMWF.  

The Euro has 110*F heat in coastal Maine next weekend...lol.

cfHx2jK.png

And check out how the high dewpoints sort of bleed into Colorado like that. The Gulf of Mexico is a pestulant.

5Gu7rue.png

You are losing your mind. I only look at ECMWF surface maps on WB... but its irrelevant.

The GFS and ECMWF look exactly the same.

You are arguing that my maps are NOT 6-hour max temps... and you are wrong. My maps are 6-hour max temps... your maps are the actual temperature at 00Z and 06Z and not the the max for the previous 6 hours.

You did not know they had 6-hour max temp maps on WB?

Its called "T2MAX" on the ECMWF.

The new Euro map you posted is a 6hr max.

The GFS one you posted before wasn’t. You swapped them just before I responded. I’m sure others saw it.

Here is the 00Z GFS 6-hour max for Tuesday... which is the high temp for most places.

Same thing as ECMWF. Its only 2 days away.

gfs_t2max_conus2_9.png

That’s not the map you had posted before.

It’s okay to make mistakes. Just don’t blame me for them.

The new Euro map you posted is a 6hr max.

The GFS one you posted before wasn’t.

They are exactly the same.    

You know you read it wrong... attacked me... and then changed the topic.    :lol:

So I somehow just imagined you posting *this* map, which is not an 06hr max...okay. Sure.

You did imagine it.   Its OK to make mistakes.   Just admit it and move on.  Because the image in my post is the original and was never changed.   :)

It's a miracle! We're going to have a sunny warm/hot Independence day after all! The 4th has been saved!

Incredible changes... high temps on the 4th of July per the 00Z ECMWF.    :)

ecmwf_t2max_washington_41.png

I don’t have time for this.

If it makes you feel better, then fine, I must have hallucinated the whole thing. :rolleyes:

I hope it switches back to troughy.

The thought of Tim getting the weather he wants yet again, while I’m stuck with the weather I don’t want yet again, is enough to make me puke.

I hope it switches back to troughy.

The thought of Tim getting the weather he wants yet again, while I’m stuck with the weather I don’t want yet again, is enough to make me puke.

I never think about your weather or if you are happy... my only posts on the topic are related to your b*tching.    

And its not just me... there will be millions of happy people in the PNW if its not raining and cold on the 4th of July.   ;)

Just picked up .30 with that thunderstorm.   And the second band is coming in now.    

Lush green for at least another week here... with plenty more rain coming Thursday - Saturday.

Such a descriptive name for that cicada, lol...   Yeah, our cicadas are not nearly as noticeable as the ones back east, their sounds are way more low-key, sometimes you won't even notice them as they're little more than background white noise, at least the ones I've encountered here in western Washington.  It looks like on that website they're are quite a few varieties in the PNW, I believe they are all loosely given the common name of 'Pacific Cicadas'. I think some of the noisier ones can be found in southern Oregon...

• Like 1

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Incredible changes... high temps on the 4th of July per the 00Z ECMWF.    :)

ecmwf_t2max_washington_41.png

Wow, nice.  I hope this holds!  This does not bode well for Jesse and Phil's weather manipulating device... :lol:

• Like 1

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Wow, nice. I hope this holds! This does not bode well for Jesse and Phil's weather manipulating device... :lol:

EPS does not agree yet. Hopefully it comes around next.

06Z GFS certainly came on board the warm train for next week as well.     The models will probably swing back again this morning though.

Windy and cold here with sideways drizzle after the pounding rain and thunder last night.    

Feels like winter... not some catastrophic summer drought!    Ground is saturated again as well.  

Cloudy. No sign of rain.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Wow that was some heavy rainfall last night! Never seen such an epic drought as what we are currently experiencing!!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Go figure....I come to Montana where they have been having thunderstorms.....the storms stop when I get here and now I am finding out they had thunderstorms roll through Bellingham last night....can’t catch a break!!!

• Like 2

Go figure....I come to Montana where they have been having thunderstorms.....the storms stop when I get here and now I am finding out they had thunderstorms roll through Bellingham last night....can’t catch a break!!!

Yeah we've been having incredibly stormy weather literally right up until the day you arrived and now we're getting a short 3 day break before the rain/storm onslaught returns right after you depart! Real bad timing if you wanted to see some storms. 

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Wow that was some heavy rainfall last night! Never seen such an epic drought as what we are currently experiencing!!

Your region is not the entire PNW. Places south and east of you are still below normal.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope