Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

2 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

India has surpassed China as the most populated nation in the entire world.

Since China views itself as #1 and India as inferior, this may cause a huge blow to their morale.

I doubt it will cause them many issues.

Does the fact that the USA is waaaaay behind both of them in population trouble you much?

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

Just now, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I doubt it will cause them many issues.

Does the fact that the USA is waaaaay behind both of them in population trouble you much?

No, I grew up with that fact without issues.

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

35 minutes ago, Andie said:

I think Vlad is sicker than we know.  
All the chemo, thyroid surgery.  He may be one of the casualties of his own war!  …I doubt I can work up a tear so I’ll just say “Adios Pendejo!!!”

"Sick" in a different way perhaps, but not in the way you are being told by tabloid press. It doesn't stop being propaganda just because you want it to be true (this applies to Westerners in general). I remember going through this very same routine with Syria's Bashar al-Assad a decade ago.

6 minutes ago, Reg said:

"Sick" in a different way perhaps, but not in the way you are being told by tabloid press. It doesn't stop being propaganda just because you want it to be true (this applies to Westerners in general). I remember going through this very same routine with Syria's Bashar al-Assad a decade ago.

Well, apparently, Putin is in an information vacuum. He gets very little to no outside information.

4 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Well, apparently, Putin is in an information vacuum. He gets very little to no outside information.

It's normal for heads of state to have information input and output both carefully regulated by state agencies (usually the state intelligence/security services), even Biden experiences this now - as for Putin, he as at least one confidant whom is willing to break ugly truths to him, and that man is Yevgeny Prigozhin (founder and head of the Russian private military contractor Wagner Group), who also apparently broke the news to Putin last year about the "mistakes of the Russian command" when assaulting (and ultimately failing) Kiev and other northern Ukrainian fronts.

2 minutes ago, Reg said:

It's normal for heads of state to have information input and output both carefully regulated by state agencies (usually the state intelligence/security services), even Biden experiences this now - as for Putin, he as at least one confidant whom is willing to break ugly truths to him, and that man is Yevgeny Prigozhin (founder and head of the Russian private military contractor Wagner Group), who also apparently broke the news to Putin last year about the "mistakes of the Russian command" when assaulting (and ultimately failing) Kiev and other northern Ukrainian fronts.

Why are you saying Kiev instead of Kyiv??

11 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Kiev is representative of the Russian pronunciation of the name, although I don't do it on purpose - simply a force of habit over the past year. I still call Kharkiv by its Ukrainian name instead of the Russian-preferred "Kharkov", Kherson instead of "Herson" and a number of other Ukrainian city names like it.

10 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

😂

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

2 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

#KyivNotKiev  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KyivNotKiev

Prior to this war, I have never seen it written Kyiv.  Russian influence and all that.

Fox News calls the city Kyiv, and so do I. I was originally taught Kiev since it was "Americanized and better pronounced", that was WAY before the war even existed.

31 minutes ago, Reg said:

Kiev is representative of the Russian pronunciation of the name, although I don't do it on purpose - simply a force of habit over the past year. I still call Kharkiv by its Ukrainian name instead of the Russian-preferred "Kharkov" and a number of others like it.

I know. Why must I be politically correct?     Never have been. Likely will never be.  
I don’t protest Tejas vs Texas. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

46 minutes ago, Reg said:

Your subtle defense of the worst people does not go unnoticed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Forum Admin said:

Still not an opinion. Just going to assume that you'd rather see federally mandated conversion therapy camps and the execution of anyone who told a high schooler it was ok to be gay.

You are scary with the possibility that could become reality (especially the "federally mandated conversion therapy camps"), but I will not even dare try to mess with you since you are the Admin here as I strongly respect Admins.

1 hour ago, Forum Admin said:

Still not an opinion. Just going to assume that you'd rather see federally mandated conversion therapy camps and the execution of anyone who told a high schooler it was ok to be gay.

Nope, but make conversion therapy an option, and don't require kids to learn in preschool that there's more than 2 genders and that men can get pregnant or that you can't really know if you are a boy or a girl or none of the above, and stop calling parents who oppose domestic terrorists. 

But if the left keeps forcing their ideology on us, while at the same time preaching moral relativism and ideological pluralism, then maybe some people on the right will fight back and mandate conversion therapy or worse. He who sows the wind reaps the whirlwind. 

Same is true for the right, we used to be a country founded  on classical liberalism and Judeo-Christian values, but today that's no longer the case, so we shouldn't push our religion or conservative values on people either. If both sides could just leave each other alone, that would be the day.

32 minutes ago, ML Loather said:

Nope, but make conversion therapy an option, and don't require kids to learn in preschool that there's more than 2 genders and that men can get pregnant or that you can't really know if you are a boy or a girl or none of the above, and stop calling parents who oppose domestic terrorists. 

But if the left keeps forcing their ideology on us, while at the same time preaching moral relativism and ideological pluralism, then maybe some people on the right will fight back and mandate conversion therapy or worse. He who sows the wind reaps the whirlwind. 

Same is true for the right, we used to be a country founded  on classical liberalism and Judeo-Christian values, but today that's no longer the case, so we shouldn't push our religion or conservative values on people either. If both sides could just leave each other alone, that would be the day.

Making conversion therapy a legitimate option is asinine.  It is poison masquerading around in religious righteousness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ML Loather said:

Both directions?

• lol 1
  • Confused 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

3 hours ago, ML Loather said:

Why must you always be arguing with the 1% that barely exists?  It's completely pointless to have a conversation with you because you'll always be talking over our shoulder to the man stuffed with straw. 

• Weenie 1

8 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Why must you always be arguing with the 1% that barely exists?  It's completely pointless to have a conversation with you because you'll always be talking over our shoulder to the man stuffed with straw. 

It's more than 1%. There's all kinds of examples of the things being taught in the schools today. Even Cliff Mass has his own articles about the diversity statements professors must sign. Some teachers are quitting. 

Still, this is a dumb place to talk about things because it's just a few people from some weather forums. I've been trying not to post as much here.

7 hours ago, Forum Admin said:

Still probably going to delete this topic. Trash topics bring out trash people.

Come on! My topics rock! 

2D792B42-CFAE-4DE2-B5B8-EA3DEEEC3A1A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

There are characteristics that CRT and DEI are cult movements, brainwashing of children is an example of a cult. Cults target the weakest to become part of them, and young children are one of them.

Alabama GOP Gov. Kay Ivey ousts education official over 'woke concepts' in Pre-K educational materials | Fox News

25 signs of cult brainwashing (and what to do about it) (nomadrs.com)

And government as the main authority over parents is a red flag of communism.

CDC linked to pervasive curriculum sweeping public schools nationwide (msn.com)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ML Loather said:

It's more than 1%. There's all kinds of examples of the things being taught in the schools today. Even Cliff Mass has his own articles about the diversity statements professors must sign. Some teachers are quitting. 

Still, this is a dumb place to talk about things because it's just a few people from some weather forums. I've been trying not to post as much here.

Aside from some random Twitter posts, how many people are on the record for saying:

1.) Bigotry = domestic terrorism

2.) People born male can have babies

3.) Preschool kids are required to learn about trans topics 

Those are 3 points you tried to refute that literally no one is saying on here or in the general public. Are there trustworthy polls you can point to which says that it's more than that one thing you read on the internet?

9 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Then where are all your complaints about all these new laws in place imposing their conservative views on EVERYONE?  That's literally all DeSantis is doing right now.  It says a whole lot that he and trump are the most popular leaders on your side. 

What laws are the libs passing making kids do or not do specific things related to your precious "Christian" values?  Who's imposing on who again right now?

Libs just want to let people live the life they want to live, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.  

8 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Aside from some random Twitter posts, how many people are on the record for saying:

1.) Bigotry = domestic terrorism

2.) People born male can have babies

3.) Preschool kids are required to learn about trans topics 

Those are 3 points you tried to refute that literally no one is saying on here or in the general public. Are there trustworthy polls you can point to which says that it's more than that one thing you read on the internet?

Then where are all your complaints about all these new laws in place imposing their conservative views on EVERYONE?  That's literally all DeSantis is doing right now.  It says a whole lot that he and trump are the most popular leaders on your side. 

What laws are the libs passing making kids do or not do specific things related to your precious "Christian" values?  Who's imposing on who again right now?

Libs just want to let people live the life they want to live, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.  

I posted some examples earlier of Portland Public Schools curriculum that was teaching kids in kindergarten that there are as many genders as the stars and that most people with a penis are boys and most people with a v@gina are girls.

@Iceresistance just posted 2 more links this morning, but since they're from Fox News I doubt you'll look at them. 

Some of the laws made by liberals include punishing doctors for using alternate treatments for COVID other than the vaccine, forcing doctors to perform an abortion even if they don't feel comfortable doing so because of their religious beliefs. There's also lots of non-religious people who oppose abortion, and people like Bill Maher and James Lindsay, both atheists, who disapprove of CRT.

What specific laws is DeSantis passing? 15 years ago, I don't think what bathroom trans people can use was a major issue. Today if you speak out against a biological male using the women's room you're considered to be a bigot by many people.

Another one from Washington Examiner

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/your-reminder-that-the-left-started-the-culture-wars-over-transgenderism/ar-AA1abmG5

“What did Democrats and liberals believe in 2000? They were already pretty dedicated to abortion on demand without apology, sure, but they accepted a compromise of no taxpayer funding. Also, they at least tolerated pro-life Democrats back then. They were split on gay marriage, with the party establishment taking the conservative position. And, again, Democrats weren’t really talking about gender fluidity, deadnaming, cisgender normativity, pronoun violations, or housing male violent criminals in female prisons."

“Today, the Democratic Party drives out any pro-lifers, declares them to be the equivalent of segregationists, persecutes anyone who won't participate in a gay wedding, and tries to teach gender ideology, as a fact of life, in public schools.”

26 minutes ago, ML Loather said:

Another one from Washington Examiner

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/your-reminder-that-the-left-started-the-culture-wars-over-transgenderism/ar-AA1abmG5

“What did Democrats and liberals believe in 2000? They were already pretty dedicated to abortion on demand without apology, sure, but they accepted a compromise of no taxpayer funding. Also, they at least tolerated pro-life Democrats back then. They were split on gay marriage, with the party establishment taking the conservative position. And, again, Democrats weren’t really talking about gender fluidity, deadnaming, cisgender normativity, pronoun violations, or housing male violent criminals in female prisons."

“Today, the Democratic Party drives out any pro-lifers, declares them to be the equivalent of segregationists, persecutes anyone who won't participate in a gay wedding, and tries to teach gender ideology, as a fact of life, in public schools.”

I've heard people saying that the Democrats as they knew up to 5 years ago are facing extinction. There are also confirmed cases of people that used to be hardcore Democrats going to Republicans because of what they are doing.

11 hours ago, Forum Admin said:

Still probably going to delete this topic. Trash topics bring out trash people.

I wish you wouldn't.  Your wavering every which way on the issue is sending the wrong signals.  Either allow people to banter about politics (at least this site has multiple perspectives - most are echo chambers) or ban it outright and stick to it.  But there's only so much I can say about So Cal weather.  Deleting threads when ML gets under your skin is kinda lame.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

I've heard people saying that the Democrats as they knew up to 5 years ago are facing extinction. There are also confirmed cases of people that used to be hardcore Democrats going to Republicans because of what they are doing.

I'd bet 100 dollars you don't know a single democrat.

Just for fun I thought I’d post this 1853 photo.  A world away, who wouldn’t love to spend a day hearing him share his life and stories of survival 
I wonder what he’d think of our walking on the moon? Flying airplanes? Transplanting hearts? 

Texas  ranger James Buckner "Buck"  Barry in Corsicana,  1853.  Buck was a  Texas frontiersman who had a dangerous and distinguished career as a  Texas Ranger, Indian fighter, scout, sheriff, and rancher. At the time  this daguerreotype was made in 1853, Barry was serving as Navarro County  treasurer.  This is a daguerreotype, which refers to an early  photographic process  in which a picture made on a silver surface  sensitized with iodine was developed by exposure to mercury vapor.  

A67AF5D9-EF72-4986-9B5C-2D849F93B717.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

https://gprivate.com/64p1n

He's a 1 trick pony with absolutely no charisma. The man is picking a fight with Disney, the largest private employer by far in his state.  Who do you think is going to come out on top with that one?

Ok, nice little video link, but...

1. In 2008, I don't remember stories of people with gender dysph-ria getting depressed about which restroom they can use, and today it's a big issue. Something has changed and it's probably teaching that a biological male who identifies as a woman IS ACTUALLY A WOMAN, which I don't think they were teaching back then.

2. It goes both ways. Some children that have been pressured to get transition surgery at a young age later decided after the surgery they were not really trans and SERIOUSLY REGRETTED THEIR DECISION later in life. DeSantis originally just passed the law that schools can't teach K-2 kids about transgender issues and the some people on the left raised pandemonium. 

3. Trans people are something like 2% of the population. Many more people, especially girls, feel uncomfortable having biological males, who are more athletic breaking female records in sports. That's a much larger percentage of the population. Yet, if they complain they are called transphobes.

4. Disney now considers "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls" to be inappropriate speech. Their ideas have radically changed from that of their founder, Walt Disney. 

14 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I'd bet 100 dollars you don't know a single democrat.

I do, one of them is Abigail Adams and the other one was Kendra Horn (Oh I hated Horn, and apparently, everyone in my county regretted choosing her when she sided with Progressives and voted for bills to ban the use of Oil and Gas)

10 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

https://gprivate.com/64p1n

He's a 1 trick pony with absolutely no charisma. The man is picking a fight with Disney, the largest private employer by far in his state.  Who do you think is going to come out on top with that one?

They must be lining him up for President.  He wears nice suits! 
However, I’m not sure I’d want him backing me in a fight.  

33 minutes ago, iFred said:

We had an incident earlier today due to someone having a compromised account. If you're reading this but can't log in, create a new account and make sure your password isn't something that I can Google search for.

That explains everything :(