Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

14 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

It does not cause the virus, but it helps to spread it as most of the monkeypox cases were among same-sex couples. 

The sort of sex least likely to spread most STD’s is lesbian sex. I guess this proves that God really loves dykes!

• Sick 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

1 hour ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

I remember people telling you to not post conjecture without links before, but I cannot find the link.

Of course, it's Censored for the mainstream media.

However, I do remember that Joe Bastardi on Twitter retweeted the link.

• Spam 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

On 4/11/2023 at 7:08 PM, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Other than them being embarrassing (for the US Government) security breaches, what in particular so you believe is so damning about them?

Here is one summary of what’s in there that I have seen: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/leaked-documents-explainer-1.6807370

Perhaps the best dirt was how Egypt was planning to sell arms to Russia and how the Mossad opposed Netanyahu’s recent power grabs. But that information primarily embarrasses Egypt and Israel — not the USA.

A lot of it was candid assessments about the state of the war in Ukraine. Governments produce assessments like that all the time. Really just about zero surprise they were being produced about that conflict.

For one: The CIA's intelligence-gathering operations have been severely compromised for the near-future and this leak greatly endangers their operatives overseas. The method (SIGINT/signals intelligence), listing of targeted agencies in foreign governments, targeting of supposed allied governments (something they should have already known just via common sense but now is incredibly blatant), rupturing of tensions between said allies and the US government as noted by journalists, and the exposition of the US government fearing its waning influence over the globe are all rather damning in my book and that of just about any given historian and investigative journalist who has looked into this leak so far. 

Why would Egypt be embarrassed? They can do business with whomever they please, and they don't need permission from Washington. Nobody outside of the US, Canada and western Europe views this as an embarrassment for Egypt. The leak shows how even supposed US allies are seeking to gradually part ways with the US and just generally ignore it just over the past year alone. Even France's Macron, whom I disagree with on many things, appears to see the writing on the wall: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/macron-europe-china-taiwan-usa-outrage-rcna79090 Very interesting timing. The US doesn't have allies, it has loyal vassal states that are now potentially becoming self-aware and jumping ship as they watch the world shifting and changing rather rapidly. Even Israel, as much as I utterly despise them, are distancing themselves from Washington's apparent positions made clear from this leak. 

The Ukraine War is appearing to be to the US what the Suez Canal crisis was to the British empire. The "dirt" in these leaks primarily reflects on Washington, not other countries and supposed allies. A dying empire frantically grasping at air and trying to control everyone it can while it still has the fading chance to do so. Now all US "allies" will very likely take countermeasures to shore up gaps in security detail, while they have been diplomatically pushed away from the US by Washington's own nosey doings. The leaks even state that we are spying on Zelensky, although I doubt he cares. This leak offers an incredibly rare window into the depth and scope of US spy activities, also exposing Washington's worries over the growing influence of Russia and China in world affairs while the US's influence is put into question even among allies. Note that the majority of the world has been rather silent regarding Russia's invasion of Ukraine, outside of North America and Europe. A few have offered verbal condemnation (Brazil) but continue to do business with Russia or even increasing their trade and violation of US sanctions regardless. Africa has been particularly enthusiastic about expanding relations with Russia and China (especially economically) while saying nothing about the Ukraine war, or in a few cases, openly siding with Russia. The leaks also expose Washington's fears over Turkey (a NATO member)'s cozying-up with Russia in recent years.

Further information regarding the damaging potential of these leaks to the US government are assessed here in the NYT article, of all places: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/09/us/politics/leaked-pentagon-documents-ukraine.html?name=styln-leaked-pentagon-documents I agree that these leaks are far more drastic than even the decade-old WikiLeaks data cables leaks and Edward Snowden global surveillance disclosures. Bad implications for Washington going forward. This should be a wake-up call to all governments, particularly "allies" of the US.

It's simply amazing how stupid people are today. There are tons and tons of people who have website videos that promise a discount for some revolutionary product if you wait till the end, where they will give you the info. Then the videos go for an hour or longer with all kinds of personal stories and "interesting" health facts. 

If these people want to scam you, or even if what they're selling is legitimate, why make hour long videos to give you the discount?

On 4/11/2023 at 8:59 PM, Chewbacca Defense said:

Man and I accused @MossMan of being a real hoot at parties, but as much as I have disagreed with you in the past, I agree with most of what you are saying here.

It is rather scary and depressing to see where things are going, and not sure what in the heck it will take to right the ship.

I work for an international company, and my wife has looked at me on more than one occasion and said "there any job openings in the UK you can take?"  Not that the UK is perfect, but we went over to Scotland for our 20th wedding anniversary and absolutely loved it, plus my grandmother on my dad's side was British, so I guess I am not too far removed from the "motherland"

I have to remind her...60%+ tax rate, $8/gallon for petrol.  We had a little Toyota diesel wagon when we were over there, and I burned thorough about a tank of gas while we were there, and it was about 80 USD to fill it up (about 12 gallons).

Yeah, I had that conversation with my wife the other day, as in, do we think this is the place where our kids will have the brightest future. I don't know. I haven't been outside of North America either, so maybe if I had more perspective I would feel differently, one way or another. 

• Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

It appears that US regime authorities have caught up with the alleged leaker of the top secret documents; a US airman of the Massachusetts Air National Guard. A hero, in my book. No different than if Russian or Iranian authorities had caught one of their own doing the same thing.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/13/fbi-arrest-investigation-suspected-leaker-classified-intelligence-00091928

So many curious ties to China and Ukraine. It’s dizzying. 

“A member of the U.S. Senate has confirmed that bank records show many, many links between the now-closed CEFC China Energy corporation, which was connected to the Chinese Communist Party, and the Biden family.

"Millions" of links.

The report from Just the News explains Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., said the records have been provided to Senate Republicans by Cathay Bank, and they are evidence of "millions of dollars" from the Chinese companies to Joe Biden's son, Hunter.”

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Texas Panhandle-
Largest Dairy Cattle Death Count in the Country to Date. 

(Reuters) - More than 18,000 cows died after an explosion and fire at a family dairy farm in west Texas, marking the deadliest such barn blaze on record in the United States.

Firefighters rescued one employee from the South Fork Dairy near Dimmitt on Monday as flames raced through a building and into holding pens, according to images and statements from the Castro County Sheriff's Office.

The cause of the fire was under investigation and it was not immediately possible to contact members of the family who own the farm in one of Texas' biggest milk production counties.

608DF54E-9170-4690-B8AB-6004144F0EDD.jpeg

Does this have anything to do with mass die off of laying hens?

• Sad 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

7 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

It's simply amazing how stupid people are today. There are tons and tons of people who have website videos that promise a discount for some revolutionary product if you wait till the end, where they will give you the info. Then the videos go for an hour or longer with all kinds of personal stories and "interesting" health facts. 

If these people want to scam you, or even if what they're selling is legitimate, why make hour long videos to give you the discount?

there must be a story behind this.

8 hours ago, Reg said:

For one: The CIA's intelligence-gathering operations have been severely compromised for the near-future and this leak greatly endangers their operatives overseas. The method (SIGINT/signals intelligence), listing of targeted agencies in foreign governments, targeting of supposed allied governments (something they should have already known just via common sense but now is incredibly blatant), rupturing of tensions between said allies and the US government as noted by journalists, and the exposition of the US government fearing its waning influence over the globe are all rather damning in my book and that of just about any given historian and investigative journalist who has looked into this leak so far. 

Why would Egypt be embarrassed? They can do business with whomever they please, and they don't need permission from Washington. Nobody outside of the US, Canada and western Europe views this as an embarrassment for Egypt. The leak shows how even supposed US allies are seeking to gradually part ways with the US and just generally ignore it just over the past year alone. Even France's Macron, whom I disagree with on many things, appears to see the writing on the wall: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/macron-europe-china-taiwan-usa-outrage-rcna79090 Very interesting timing. The US doesn't have allies, it has loyal vassal states that are now potentially becoming self-aware and jumping ship as they watch the world shifting and changing rather rapidly. Even Israel, as much as I utterly despise them, are distancing themselves from Washington's apparent positions made clear from this leak. 

The Ukraine War is appearing to be to the US what the Suez Canal crisis was to the British empire. The "dirt" in these leaks primarily reflects on Washington, not other countries and supposed allies. A dying empire frantically grasping at air and trying to control everyone it can while it still has the fading chance to do so. Now all US "allies" will very likely take countermeasures to shore up gaps in security detail, while they have been diplomatically pushed away from the US by Washington's own nosey doings. The leaks even state that we are spying on Zelensky, although I doubt he cares. This leak offers an incredibly rare window into the depth and scope of US spy activities, also exposing Washington's worries over the growing influence of Russia and China in world affairs while the US's influence is put into question even among allies. Note that the majority of the world has been rather silent regarding Russia's invasion of Ukraine, outside of North America and Europe. A few have offered verbal condemnation (Brazil) but continue to do business with Russia or even increasing their trade and violation of US sanctions regardless. Africa has been particularly enthusiastic about expanding relations with Russia and China (especially economically) while saying nothing about the Ukraine war, or in a few cases, openly siding with Russia. The leaks also expose Washington's fears over Turkey (a NATO member)'s cozying-up with Russia in recent years.

Further information regarding the damaging potential of these leaks to the US government are assessed here in the NYT article, of all places: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/09/us/politics/leaked-pentagon-documents-ukraine.html?name=styln-leaked-pentagon-documents I agree that these leaks are far more drastic than even the decade-old WikiLeaks data cables leaks and Edward Snowden global surveillance disclosures. Bad implications for Washington going forward. This should be a wake-up call to all governments, particularly "allies" of the US.

It's interesting that you have so much to say about the war without ever talking about literally the only aggressor in said war.

Very strange.

2 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

there must be a story behind this.

Basically the presentations go something like this:

I will let you know about my new product to {lose weight/improve your vision/reduce pain/look younger/feel better} in this short video

A little known study has shown that factors A, B and C cause you to {gain weight/lose your vision/increase inflammation/age faster/get sick more}. These factors cannot be avoided because they are part of the food you eat/the air you breathe every day.

Here is how factors A-C cause you to {gain weight/lose your vision/increase inflammation/age faster/get sick more}

(20 minutes of examples)

However, it has been found that if you add X and Y to your diet, you can cancel out the negative effects from factors A, B, and C. But it is very hard to find foods that contain X and Y and that's why you must get my new formula. A website and a special promotion code will be given at the end of this video. Here is how X and Y help.

(15 minutes of examples)

Now that you know from our scientific studies how X and Y will help you, here are some testimonials from people who have used our product

(20 minutes of testimonials)

In a few minutes I will give you the website and special promotion code, but first I will describe how I discovered this and the history of the product

(10 more minutes of talking)

You can now order my product at http://order-my-great-product-website.com. The promotional code is FEELMUCHBETTER. The special offer only lasts through the end of the day, so make sure to get out a pen and paper and write this down. Once again the website is http://order-my-great-product-website.com. The promotional code is FEELMUCHBETTER. The special offer only lasts through the end of the day, so make sure to get out your credit card. Once again the website is http://order-my-great-product-website.com and the promotional code is FEELMUCHBETTER. Don't miss out on this opportunity.

18 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Basically the presentations go something like this:

I will let you know about my new product to {lose weight/improve your vision/reduce pain/look younger/feel better} in this short video

A little known study has shown that factors A, B and C cause you to {gain weight/lose your vision/increase inflammation/age faster/get sick more}. These factors cannot be avoided because they are part of the food you eat/the air you breathe every day.

Here is how factors A-C cause you to {gain weight/lose your vision/increase inflammation/age faster/get sick more}

(20 minutes of examples)

However, it has been found that if you add X and Y to your diet, you can cancel out the negative effects from factors A, B, and C. But it is very hard to find foods that contain X and Y and that's why you must get my new formula. A website and a special promotion code will be given at the end of this video. Here is how X and Y help.

(15 minutes of examples)

Now that you know from our scientific studies how X and Y will help you, here are some testimonials from people who have used our product

(20 minutes of testimonials)

In a few minutes I will give you the website and special promotion code, but first I will describe how I discovered this and the history of the product

(10 more minutes of talking)

You can now order my product at http://order-my-great-product-website.com. The promotional code is FEELMUCHBETTER. The special offer only lasts through the end of the day, so make sure to get out a pen and paper and write this down. Once again the website is http://order-my-great-product-website.com. The promotional code is FEELMUCHBETTER. The special offer only lasts through the end of the day, so make sure to get out your credit card. Once again the website is http://order-my-great-product-website.com and the promotional code is FEELMUCHBETTER. Don't miss out on this opportunity.

You're new to infomercials, aren't you? 😆

On 4/12/2023 at 2:55 PM, Mr Marine Layer said:

OK, Jesus actually doesn't say anything, but Paul says it's a sin in Romans 1:26-27. Same sex attraction is not sinful, but two men or two women having "sex" with each other is, and it can cause certain diseases like monkeypox.

I actually have someone in my office who is gay, but he doesn't go around advertising it to every one and he's a really nice person and I have no problem with him working there.

Big government = Bad

Big religion = Good

I guess if gay sex is so offensive to God, perhaps s/he should have prevented it from being a genetic possibility in the first place.  Or could there be more... human factors at play here?

11 hours ago, Reg said:

Why would Egypt be embarrassed? They can do business with whomever they please, and they don't need permission from Washington. Nobody outside of the US, Canada and western Europe views this as an embarrassment for Egypt.

Oh goody, we can stop supplying them with billions in foreign aid then?  And we can tell them to stop bitching about the dam being built in Ethiopia like they own the entire Nile while we are at it?

19 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Big government = Bad

Big religion = Good

I guess if gay sex is so offensive to God, perhaps s/he should have prevented it from being a genetic possibility in the first place.  Or could there be more... human factors at play here.

Well, maybe just allow same-sex marriage and such but don't force a pastor to marry someone or a Christian baker to bake a cake if he/she does not feel comfortable doing so. After all, the left claims to accept all religions.

Don't require employees to sign a statement about how great LGBTQ people are and how it's perfectly normal and requires you to acknowledge that you fully approve of their lifestyle. Don't require people to never say anything that might deemed offensive at the risk of losing their jobs. Just leave people alone as much as possible. Life is not perfect. Some things are just offensive. You can't make everyone happy all the time.

Some people compare wokeness to a religion or a cult.

3 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Well, maybe just allow same-sex marriage and such but don't force a pastor to marry someone or a Christian baker to bake a cake if he/she does not feel comfortable doing so.

Don't require employees to sign a statement about how great LGBTQ people are and how it's perfectly normal and how you must acknowledge that you approve of their lifestyle or how you vow to never say anything that might be offensive to someone. Just leave people alone. Life is not perfect. Some things are just offensive. You can't make everyone happy all the time.

Some people compare wokeness to a religion or a cult.

That has nothing to do with what I said. 

You want government out of your business?  Great!  Be consistent with religion as well.  How two consenting adults show their love for each other is just biological instinct.  Everything else is just de facto rules by those in power. 

Live and let live.

23 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

You want government out of your business?  Great!  Be consistent with religion as well.  How two consenting adults show their love for each other is just biological instinct.  Everything else is just de facto rules by those in power. 

Live and let live.

The original quote came from a Democrat comparing the Republicans kicking them out to Jesus being executed on Good Friday. He also used religion to enforce gun control and encouraged people to "act like Jesus" in providing rights to LGBTQ people. 

Newsom also posted an ad using Bible verses like "love your neighbor as yourself" to defend abortion rights, and some pastor sent him a long letter.

Also about what bathrooms trans people use, if there really is a difference between biological sex and gender, why can't the labels "men" and "women" refer to biological sex and not gender?

Does a trans woman really feel uncomfortable using a urinal or being around people whose bodies look like theirs? 

Why are there so many more instances of trans women in women's sports than trans men in men's sports? 

14 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

The original quote came from a Democrat using religion to enforce gun control and also to "act like Jesus" in providing rights to LGBTQ people. 

Newsom also posted an ad using Bible verses to defend abortion rights.

4 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Also about what bathrooms trans people use, if there really is a difference between biological sex and gender, why can't the labels "men" and "women" refer to biological sex and not gender?

Does a trans woman really feel uncomfortable using a urinal or being around people whose bodies look like theirs? 

Why are there so many more instances of trans women in women's sports than trans men in men's sports? 

Dear lord.  You are a walking non sequitur.  Bonne nuit.

Live and let live.

I do tend to go off subject, but the basic point was that if the left does not want "big religion" controlling their lives, they should not try to enforce their "religion" of wokeness/CRT/political correctness on us.  

And as for why I referenced the Bible verse, you'd need to go back through the series of "quote" links (click the little arrows on the right) to see the post that originated the conversation. It was not about me trying to enforce my beliefs on anyone.

16 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Yeah, I had that conversation with my wife the other day, as in, do we think this is the place where our kids will have the brightest future. I don't know. I haven't been outside of North America either, so maybe if I had more perspective I would feel differently, one way or another. 

I would definitely recommend taking a trip out of country if you get the chance.

I have been to Japan, Spain, France, UK, and of course Canada.  I could see living in Canada.  I absolutely LOVED Spain, what an amazing country and culture.  Japan is also amazing, but too much of a culture shift to try and live there, but if someone said "hey I need you to move to Japan" I wouldn't fight it too hard.

France can stick it up their cheese eating surrender monkey asses, although I was only in Paris, I've heard that once you get our of Paris, you get a completely different perspective.

UK/Scotland is amazing, especially Scotland.  I could easily see settling in there and being happy.  Super friendly people, amazing culture and proud of their heritage.

At the end of the day, I am too late in life to be making a change like that.  I don't really tick any boxes to immigrate to another country (unless I could get my company to move me).  And, I don't think that I would pay enough into their pensioners system to be able to collect benefits.  I only have 15-20 years of working left in me, and I do not have enough retirement built up to survive without the government dole chipping in. 

So, I am probably stuck here, and if the ship is going down, you'll find me topside playing the violin as we sink into the icy waters.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Reg said:

[...]

Meh. If leaks spelled the end of the US empire, it would have died many decades ago.

The big shock was this information leaking out, not that the US government was collecting it in the first place. Gentlemen do in fact read each others’ mail, all the time, in the world of international relations.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

9 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

I do tend to go off subject, but the basic point was that if the left does not want "big religion" controlling their lives, they should not try to enforce their "religion" of wokeness/CRT/political correctness on us.  

And as for why I referenced the Bible verse, you'd need to go back through the series of "quote" links (click the little arrows on the right) to see the post that originated the conversation. It was not about me trying to enforce my beliefs on anyone.

I think most rational people would like both groups to chill out and relax.

I understand the reference, I was questioning the use of the word "sin" being used at all.  It had no reason for being mentioned with the Justin Jones quote unless you:

a. Believe it is a sin and should be included to voice your opposition to the practice

or

b. Have no issue with the practice and are including it for no real reason

Either option does not matter much to me, but my observation did have contextual basis for being written.  I know you as a person are just a bystander in this issue, but the church has historically moved Heaven and Earth to demonize and dehumanize homosexuals and perhaps I was projecting onto you based on that.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I would definitely recommend taking a trip out of country if you get the chance.

I have been to Japan, Spain, France, UK, and of course Canada.  I could see living in Canada.  I absolutely LOVED Spain, what an amazing country and culture.  Japan is also amazing, but too much of a culture shift to try and live there, but if someone said "hey I need you to move to Japan" I wouldn't fight it too hard.

France can stick it up their cheese eating surrender monkey asses, although I was only in Paris, I've heard that once you get our of Paris, you get a completely different perspective.

UK/Scotland is amazing, especially Scotland.  I could easily see settling in there and being happy.  Super friendly people, amazing culture and proud of their heritage.

At the end of the day, I am too late in life to be making a change like that.  I don't really tick any boxes to immigrate to another country (unless I could get my company to move me).  And, I don't think that I would pay enough into their pensioners system to be able to collect benefits.  I only have 15-20 years of working left in me, and I do not have enough retirement built up to survive without the government dole chipping in. 

So, I am probably stuck here, and if the ship is going down, you'll find me topside playing the violin as we sink into the icy waters.

Tell me on this doll where France has hurt you 😆

My wife and I talk a bunch about where we could go if we got sick of the U.S. and she, being a French citizen (HA!), said Strasbourg.  I have narrowed it down to either France or Switzerland.  I would love to live on the outskirts of Geneva.  And I love cheese 😘

No matter what country any of us pick, there will be issues, but boy am I getting sick of the social issues in the U.S.

18 hours ago, Reg said:

It appears that US regime authorities have caught up with the alleged leaker of the top secret documents; a US airman of the Massachusetts Air National Guard. A hero, in my book. No different than if Russian or Iranian authorities had caught one of their own doing the same thing.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/13/fbi-arrest-investigation-suspected-leaker-classified-intelligence-00091928

Does it not give you pause that you are on the same page with the likes of Don Jr and Marjorie Taylor Greene?

• lol 1

2 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

The GOP should come up with a new term for "overly politically correct" (as illustrated by the website I linked to,) but I agree that the original meaning is not a bad thing.

Mr. Snowmizer brought up an interesting topic over on the weather thread…Due to Washington State no longer selling (or banning? I haven’t looked into it) semi automatic guns that he will be uprooting from both of his properties and leaving the state…Got me thinking…What would it take for me to leave the state…The banning of owning dogs? I can’t really think of anything else offhand. The going to all electric things has me a bit pissed but I think we are a ways off with that and I will just buy a new gas powered truck/boat/jetski not long before the banning since they will most likely just ban new sales but you can still retain what you have for the life of said thing. 
I don’t know…I have lived here all of my life, love it here, and I just don’t care about politics at all. I also tend to think that for the most past things even out and the grass is not always greener on the other side. My wife wanted to move to Texas a few years ago because of the mask and vaccine thing here…I told her that in a year or so the masks and vaccines would be old news and that people would move on…And guess what…Nobody here really cares anymore about that. 

What would it take for you to leave your state? 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

23 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Mr. Snowmizer brought up an interesting topic over on the weather thread…Due to Washington State no longer selling (or banning? I haven’t looked into it) semi automatic guns that he will be uprooting from both of his properties and leaving the state…Got me thinking…What would it take for me to leave the state…The banning of owning dogs? I can’t really think of anything else offhand. The going to all electric things has me a bit pissed but I think we are a ways off with that and I will just buy a new gas powered truck/boat/jetski not long before the banning since they will most likely just ban new sales but you can still retain what you have for the life of said thing. 
I don’t know…I have lived here all of my life, love it here, and I just don’t care about politics at all. I also tend to think that for the most past things even out and the grass is not always greener on the other side. My wife wanted to move to Texas a few years ago because of the mask and vaccine thing here…I told her that in a year or so the masks and vaccines would be old news and that people would move on…And guess what…Nobody here really cares anymore about that. 

What would it take for you to leave your state? 

Living basically in a border town, this might not even be a complete deal breaker but if they banned Costcos and sarcasm we might hit the dusty/muddy trail.

• lol 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

6 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Tell me on this doll where France has hurt you 😆

My wife and I talk a bunch about where we could go if we got sick of the U.S. and she, being a French citizen (HA!), said Strasbourg.  I have narrowed it down to either France or Switzerland.  I would love to live on the outskirts of Geneva.  And I love cheese 😘

No matter what country any of us pick, there will be issues, but boy am I getting sick of the social issues in the U.S.

I have slightly changed my stance on France, but only slightly.....I do work for a French company, so much so that company communications come out in French first, and have the English translation below.  I have a fair amount with the corporate level muckity mucks and compared to the corporate level British people I interacted with when we were owned by an English company, a vast majority of the French corporate people are raging arrogant a$$holes.  The Brits were pretty chill.  very demanding but chill about it.  

I spent a couple of weeks in Paris, so I had my interactions there, but then my wife's cousin lived in a small town in central France for a few months and said it was the polar opposite of Paris.

And yes, there are issues everywhere, it just boils down to which ones you can tolerate and which ones you can't

8 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

It is confirmed that Putin has cancer because one of the documents mentioned he is getting Chemo...

His replacement will likely be a hard liner.  I’m in no hurry to see him go.  

4 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I have slightly changed my stance on France, but only slightly.....I do work for a French company, so much so that company communications come out in French first, and have the English translation below.  I have a fair amount with the corporate level muckity mucks and compared to the corporate level British people I interacted with when we were owned by an English company, a vast majority of the French corporate people are raging arrogant a$$holes.  The Brits were pretty chill.  very demanding but chill about it.  

I spent a couple of weeks in Paris, so I had my interactions there, but then my wife's cousin lived in a small town in central France for a few months and said it was the polar opposite of Paris.

And yes, there are issues everywhere, it just boils down to which ones you can tolerate and which ones you can't

Gotcha.  I have no problems with the Parisians when I am there, but like in the U.S., rural people can be very different than city people.  My wife's family is from a more rural area.  They are not terribly fond of the Parisians.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Gotcha.  I have no problems with the Parisians when I am there, but like in the U.S., rural people can be very different than city people.  My wife's family is from a more rural area.  They are not terribly fond of the Parisians.

La campagne!  I have family in Normandy who have a small fruit and vegetable farm they sell at farmers markets (Dieppe and smaller villages).  Love going there.

Wet AF but super green and fertile land.

Sounds like your wife's family is from the "good" part of France 😁

It's really too bad, Paris has a lot of beautiful places,  I got to see all of the standard tourist sites, Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, even went out to Versailles.  All very beautiful/amazing.