Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

Are you serious? This is from the Last Generation Climate Cult that interrupted a Formula E race (All electric cars) in Germany! Do they really want ZERO cars to exist??

Climate change protesters briefly delay Formula E race, leaving fans scratching their heads | Fox News

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

52 minutes ago, ML Loather said:

Yep, the fake grass could contribute to climate change, just as I expected 

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/aug/02/turf-it-out-is-it-time-to-say-goodbye-to-artificial-grass

There is nothing redeeming about artificial turf.  Nothing.  It is an embarrassment.  Real plants or GTFO.

Also, this article is from 2019 😆

• Excited 1

23 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

There is nothing redeeming about artificial turf.  Nothing.  It is an embarrassment.  Real plants or GTFO.

Also, this article is from 2019 😆

We love ours. Did about 800 Sq feet overall due to the dogs constantly killing the grass and drainage issues. Major win. 

• Excited 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

Just saw a commentator that played the signoff for this show last Friday, and it sounded like he very much planned to be coming to work today, so I'm guessing it is not the "mutual parting of ways" as it is being described.

Part of me wonders if this was part of the settlement with Dominion.  Fox didn't have to offer any sort of public statement or apology which I think was disappointing for many, but maybe the reason why they didn't was because they agreed to sack Carlson.

I also saw that Don Lemon got canned to, I have to admit I don't know much about him as I ignore CNN for basically the same reason I don't watch Fox (too much political bias).  I'll be curious to find out what the story is there....

35 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I also saw that Don Lemon got canned to, I have to admit I don't know much about him as I ignore CNN for basically the same reason I don't watch Fox (too much political bias).  I'll be curious to find out what the story is there....

Wasn't amicable either since he got cut before his contract ended.

The guy said some rather misogynistic things against Nikky Haley on air several months ago and it finally caught up to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/cnn-don-lemon-misogyny-history-nikki-haley-1235574286/

He's garbage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Seriously.  Put both on a boat and sink it.

Boring jackass who seems to come across as trying to be more important than the story he was supposed to report on. I really wish they would clean house and follow a BBC News / Sky News model and focus more on news presenting than pop culture. I also want to hear about shit around the world, not the Cutest Dog In the World contest in some swing state.

CNN International is still pretty good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iFred said:

Boring jackass who seems to come across as trying to be more important than the story he was supposed to report on. I really wish they would clean house and follow a BBC News / Sky News model and focus more on news presenting than pop culture. I also want to hear about around the world, not the Cutest Dog In the World contest in some swing state.

CNN International is still pretty good.

100% agree.

You won't see this on most major media outlets because the group is in their favor!

Riot police descend on Montana capitol as left-wing protestors shut down proceedings: Reports | Fox News

24 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

You won't see this on most major media outlets because the group is in their favor!

Riot police descend on Montana capitol as left-wing protestors shut down proceedings: Reports | Fox News

Their feelings got hurt!! Wow. Grow up.

Zephyr, a bisexual and the first transgender lawmaker in Montana legislature history, drew criticism Tuesday after telling Republicans during a House floor debate on amendments to Senate Bill 99, which would prohibit sex change treatment for minors, that they have "blood on (their) hands," a notion the lawmaker hopes will be present in their prayers.

"The only thing I will say, is if you vote yes on this bill and yes on these amendments, I hope the next time there’s an invocation when you bow your heads in prayer, you see the blood on your hands," Zephyr said referencing the body's opening prayer.

Zephyr's comments lead to the House voting in favor of the lawmaker's censure on Thursday, citing "hate-filled testimony"

9 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Their feelings got hurt!! Wow. Grow up.

The quote shows hate-filled speech.

When a Republican says something like that, he will be literally blown up to smithereens by the Media, but a Democrat like her? They give her a free pass. 

3 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

When a Republican says something like that, he will be literally blown up to smithereens by the Media, but a Democrat like her? They give her a free pass. 

This is why nobody is posting about it here. Absolute silence in the media about it.

Oh, wait....

It's called clown range for a reason.

5 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Yeah, nah, "blood on your hands" is not hate speech.  They are shutting her up like they (sometimes correctly) accuse the LGBTQ community of doing.  Same shite, different day.

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Quick straw poll: who here would rather have someone OTHER THAN BIDEN running against someone OTHER THAN TRUMP in the coming presidential election?

I know I sure would.

Hunter vs. Don Jr.

• Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Sick 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

10 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Since that tweet gives no context whatsoever, I assume it's this?

https://missouriindependent.com/2023/03/01/transgender-st-louis-whistleblower/

Literally the only person who believes this is this single whistleblower who has beef with the center and taking advantage of the conservative rage machine by writing op-eds on questionable "news" sites that do no fact-checking whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Unfortunately?  DeSantis made his bed, now he gets to sleep in it.

You can (rhetorically) beat up on the poor and minorities who cannot easily defend themselves all you want, but beat up on corporate America and you’ll get your pants sued off.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

20 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Unfortunately?  DeSantis made his bed, now he gets to sleep in it.

Unfortunately in terms that I was hoping it would not happen.

Cooperate America with DEI Cult putting out Diversity Mandates, even Biden is trying a Diversity Mandate on us, proof is within the STOU speech!

6 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Unfortunately in terms that I was hoping it would not happen.

Cooperate America with DEI Cult putting out Diversity Mandates, even Biden is trying a Diversity Mandate on us, proof is within the STOU speech!

No, DeSantis is a manbaby who got butthurt Disney spoke out about one of his laws, and now he has made it his mission to torment them.  Now who does that sound like?

I find it funny that the GOP is pro business until it does something they do not like.  Then they are all fine with government control.

• Like 2

As I previously said, Disney is 100% going to be on top with this one. A completely pointless stunt with a justification that people make up (see @Iceresistance ) or have just forgotten about.

New Poll Spells Major Problem Among Republicans Over DeSantis and His War on Disney (msn.com)

Seeing this all happen makes me really wonder about his political prowess.

2 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

No, DeSantis is a manbaby who got butthurt Disney spoke out about one of his laws, and now he has made it his mission to torment them.  Now who does that sound like?

I find it funny that the GOP is pro business until it does something they do not like.  Then they are all fine with government control.

I'm sure that none of this would have ever happened if Disney was quiet about those laws... (Also, Disney did really stupid stuff recently, that kiss on one of their movies caused that movie (I think Buzz Lightyear) to be BANNED in several countries over that!)

2 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

As I previously said, Disney is 100% going to be on top with this one. A completely pointless stunt with a justification that people make up (see @Iceresistance ) or have just forgotten about.

New Poll Spells Major Problem Among Republicans Over DeSantis and His War on Disney (msn.com)

Seeing this all happen makes me really wonder about his political prowess.

The Lawsuit was just filed, so I really want to see what happens next.